Disneyland Paris Hotels: Onsite & Partner

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Disneyland Paris has HOTELS not resorts. There are far less amenities in the hotels and they are alot smaller than what you may be used to in Disneyland California or Walt Disney World.

They have a one or two restaurants , a bar and a shop. Generally people do not hang out at the hotels like they do a the American resorts. People sleep, have breakfast and then an evening meal, evening time out at the hotels. Not all of the hotels have a pool.

Complaints From Americans About Hard Beds
Many Americans complain about the hardness of the beds. The beds are designed for European visitors and in general beds in European hotels are harder than in American hotels. You will most likely have the same brand of bed in the budget hotels as in the premium hotels. This means that if you complain about the hard bed in Hotel Santa Fe, you will most likely complain about the hard bed at Disneyland Hotel.

In general, hard beds at the Disneyland Paris SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR WHEN DECIDING ON WHICH HOTEL TO BOOK! The beds are good quality but just may not be to American tastes

Air Conditioning in Disneyland Paris Hotels
Air conditioning in Europe is NOT standard like it is in America. There may or may not be air conditioning in the room you are allocated. There will most likely be a ceiling fan. The hotels are designed for European guests who do not rely on air conditioning.

Other In Room Amenities
The standard rooms in most of the Disneyland Paris hotels DO NOT HAVE
  • A fridge
  • Tea /coffee making facilities

There are 6 onsite hotels, all of which have access to early opening for all guests.

Disneyland Hotel
This is the premium priced deluxe hotel. It is located at the entrance to the main park. It is Victoriana themed.

Hotel New York
This would be the premium price moderate hotel. It is located after Disney Village and is the nearest to Disney Village. It would be a 10 minute walk to the main park entrance OR you can take the free shuttle bus. This hotel is currently closed and due to re open in summer 2020. When it re opens it will have a Marvel Super Heros New York Art Gallery theme.

Hotel Sequoia Lodge
This would be the moderate hotel. It is located after Disney Village, past Hotel New York and half way along Lake Disney. It is themed like a Californian Red Wood Forest, similar to the Grand Californian in Disneyland California. It would be a 15 minute walk to the park entrance OR you can take the free shuttle bus. The standard rooms are located in separate buildings called Lodges. The main building has the more expensive standard rooms and the Club Level. The swimming pool is located in a separate building.

Hotel NewPort Bay

This would be the moderate hotel. It is located after Disney Village, past Hotel New York and Sequoia Lodge, at the end of Lake Disney. It is themed like a Newport Bay Yacht Club. It would be a 20 minute walk to the park main entrance OR you can take the free shuttle bus. This is the largest hotel building. Some rooms can be a 15 minute walk from the main reception area where the restaurants and shop are located. It has a swimming pool.

Hotel Cheyenne
This would be the budget hotel. It is located after Disney Village and past Hotel New York. It is themed like Toy Story / Sheriff Woody, The Wild West. It would be a 20 minute walk to the main park entrance OR you can take the free shuttle bus, There is no swimming pool and the rooms are located in separate buildings

Hotel Santa Fe

This would be the budget hotel. It is located after Disney Village and past Hotel New York and then past Hotel Sequoia Lodge. It would be a 20 minute walk to the main park entrance OR you can take the free shuttle bus. There is no swimming pool and the rooms are located in separate buildings.

Comparing Sequoia Lodge, Hotel Cheyenne and Hotel Santa Fe to American Motel Chain Motel 6

While these hotels are built in the style of American Motels, they are actually NOT like Motel 6. While these hotels have rooms in blocks separate to the main building, these hotels have inside corridors, carpet on the floor and elevators. They have onsite restaurants and shops. To me there are more like American Comfort Inn chain. I have have stayed at American Comfort Inn, American Travel Lodge and Motel 6. I have also stayed at Hotel Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge so I have personal experience in comparing the Disneyland Paris Hotels with American Motels.

paris.jpg

Partner Hotels
There are also 5 Partner Hotels. These are located on the far edge of Disney property. They are not walkable to to the parks, they have a free shuttle bus to the parks. As they are independent hotels, they dont have the Disney onsite perks of access to early opening or the shopping service.

1. Hotel Kyraid
  2. Magic Circus
  3. Dream Castle
  4. Explorers
  5. B & B Hotel
partners.jpg

To Compare Locations

onsite v partners.JPG

Last edited:
I find this to be a bit condescending. Not all Americans are as isolated or spoiled or whatever you seem to think. And not all of us even live in the US. Some have traveled - a little bit or quite a lot.

But most of us do have the internet and are well aware of most of the I formation of your many “FAQ” posts.

Not sure why you decided to have a bad American day.

I find this to be a bit condescending. Not all Americans are as isolated or spoiled or whatever you seem to think. And not all of us even live in the US. Some have traveled - a little bit or quite a lot.

But most of us do have the internet and are well aware of most of the I formation of your many “FAQ” posts.

In the last few years there has been an increase of American visitors to Disneyland Paris. Many are regular visitors to Walt Disney World or Disneyland California and are travelling to Europe for Adventures By Disney or for Disney Cruise Lines. We have seen an increase in first time American visitors coming to the Disneyland Paris section looking for help planning their Disneyland Paris trip. We have also had American visitors come back and write trip reports about their time in Disneyland Paris.

These recent threads of mine aimed at American visitors have been posted due to the same questions being asked over and over and over, for the last 3 years.
They also address some of the negative comments posted by American visitors in their Disneyland Paris trip reports.

Also I am in the unique position to understand BOTH the American and European viewpoint. I have been travelling to America every year since 2001 and been visiting Disneyland California every year since 2010. I have also been multiple times to Disneyland Paris.

I am NOT having a bad American day , in fact these threads are to HELP American visitors to Disneyland Paris.

Also this is more aimed at Americans because they are used to one or two Disney parks. However, as the majority of the Americans doesn't seem to travel abroad often, they seem to assume everything (in a Disney park) is the same as at home. Which causes complaints here or on TripAdvisor, while there are cultural differences.

It’s like mansplaining, but Americansplaining.

I think anytime you start from a premise of assuming you know and can generalize about an entire country of people, whatever you do is doomed to have a poor reception.

Thank you for this laugh, it's a good comparison and you are right. :) I totally see your point. Me & BadPinkTink discussed what we could do, and thought about how to find a middle ground. The problem we came across is that this is a (North) American board.

Let me try to explain in it in a different way (not trying to be condenscending or Americansplaining), this is aimed at the majority, not each individual. As we have very few visitors on these boards from either Africa, Asia or South America, the majority is North American and maybe even more specific US members.

These threads might also benefit the visitors from Asia as they have their own Disney parks and already have the differences between Tokyo, Shanghai or Hong Kong. They are probably more capable to point out the cultural differences between these than I ever could. There are differences between the parks and experiences and in my opinion you need locals who are familiar to more than one park, to point out the differences. For most Europeans DLP is their home park, so they do not need some of these explanations.

What we do see is that many Americans on this board go to DLP on their first or second trip to Europe and usually only stick to going to the UK and France. If this is a first trip abroad, you need to be aware of certain things. If you are well-travelled, good for you, keep on travelling. You do not need these threads.

For example the issue with hard beds, the majority of the Americans seem to prefer softer beds (not all), as they tend to complain more often (not all complain), that the beds are too hard for their liking. And therefore give Cheyenne a bad rating. When you know each bed is practically the same in each hotel and this is a cultural difference between the two continents you can be prepared for it and not influence your decision to take one hotel over the others.

I get that going to DLP for most Americans is a once in a lifetime visit and therefore want to go for the best option available. A lot of them seem to think: Disneyland Hotel is the most expensive, therefore it must be the best.
However when it comes to bedding, this is not the case, and for those on a budget who already have to pinch pennies to squeeze in a visit, this is something they need to know.

Last edited:

What about Radisson Blu? I can't find it in links.

The Radisson Blu is not a Partner / Good Neighbour Hotel and it is not an onsite Disney Hotel. You would either need to book direct with them through their website with https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-parismarnelavallee OR book through a third party booking site like booking .com

According to its website it has a free shuttle to Disneyland Paris. Unless you have an AP which has access to EMH, regular guests at this hotel would not have access to EMH. This means you could only enter the park at general opening 10am.

You would have to contact them directly to buy park tickets and their park and hotel tickets package may be different than the Disney park and hotels package.

The Radisson Blu is not a Partner / Good Neighbour Hotel and it is not an onsite Disney Hotel. You would either need to book direct with them through their website with https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-parismarnelavallee OR book through a third party booking site like booking .com

According to its website it has a free shuttle to Disneyland Paris. Unless you have an AP which has access to EMH, regular guests at this hotel would not have access to EMH. This means you could only enter the park at general opening 10am.

You would have to contact them directly to buy park tickets and their park and hotel tickets package may be different than the Disney park and hotels package.

It's not onsite, but I do think it's a partner nowadays. It wasn't before, but you can book it through Disneylandparis.com https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/hotels/radisson-blu-hotel/
According to the website more hotels have joined being a 'good neighbour'/ partner hotel. Also Adagio Marne La Vallee and L'Elysee Val D'Europe are now bookable via the Disney website. All without EMH, but with shuttle service.

I've received an e-mail the other day, Kyriad is now part of Campanile and is renamed Campanile Val de France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter