FAQ: Flying Out of Buffalo OR Detroit

There's a Comfort Suites 2 1/2 miles from the airport offering 2 double beds for 5 guests for $130.50, but you'll have to call them (716-633-6000) for details about their Stay & Fly packages.

There's also a Homewood Suites by Hilton as well as a Hilton Garden Inn at the airport, so try both of them as well.

Good luck!

I booked the La Quinta for $66 a night on priceline...then I will park at the airport (which is about $45). That way I don't need to worry about hotel shuttles and can just get my car and go when we return from our trip. I like having that little bit of control.:thumbsup2

I have a question about the AIT (body imaging thing) at security in at Buffalo airport as I have never done it before. When you go through where do they have you empty your pockets/leave your purse? I'm assuming you have to face the screen so does it go through behind you or behind the screen?

I ask because while returning from Disney in 2010 we saw a woman talking to security in MCO and what happened was while going through the metal detector, while pushing her wheelchair bound husband, her purse went through the scanner before her and someone picked it up and waked away with it. With all their money and ID. It was terrible! Since then I am paranoid and would hold on to my purse until it was actually my turn to go through and then I would watch like a hawk. That was with the old metal detector process.

Just wondering what to expect with the AIT in Buffalo? Appreciate any help and insight!

We used Buffalo in September. It was great. We were the only people in security at the time so we didn't have any issues :). It's such a small airport I can't imagine that when its busy they would push people through as much as they do in MCO.

Flint is a great option if you are driving in from southwestern Ontario. Small but modern airport, easy to find and to navigate once you're inside.

Offsite 1974, 1988/9, 2005/6/7/8/9/10, All Star Sports 2011, offsite 2012, Riverside 2013/14

Which site is everyone using to find great prices with NWA- we have always made the drive to Buffalo but would absolutely consider Detroit

Which site is everyone using to find great prices with NWA- we have always made the drive to Buffalo but would absolutely consider Detroit

NWA was absorbed into Delta airlines back in October 2008. The references to NWA in this old thread are now outdated.

@Cottager Thanks! I hadn't realized how old those references were. I spent some time online and see that Spirit seems to be the best prices out of Detroit. We are east of Toronto and will stick to going out of Buffalo

We got good prices out of Buffalo on Delta for August 5-16 2015. Four of us for $1350 CDN, it isn't a non-stop flight but that's okay with us. We leave BUF at 7am, to LaGuardia, quick hour layover which works out great for breakfast and then land at MCO for 12:30 ish. We are meeting friends who are flying from NYC so it worked out great with the timing.

I have booked the hotel and parking via parksleephotels.com and have booked the Clarion with 21 days (not that we need that many days) parking for $119 USD

I was just able to book flights from Buffalo on Southwest for August 17-26. $880 Canadian for three of us. ($113 American each way non-stop)

I also booked on Southwest today, August 25-September 2 for $784 American for four of us, all direct flights from BUF to MCO ($99 each way). Couldn't ask for better prices.

SW flights--$99 one-way, non-stop seem to be gone for Buffalo for my dates.

Has anyone flown Delta or Spirit out of Detroit? How is it?

SW flights--$99 one-way, non-stop seem to be gone for Buffalo for my dates.

Has anyone flown Delta or Spirit out of Detroit? How is it?

Never used Spirit but have used Delta numerous times including our trip back in October. Detroit is a very straight forward easy to navigate airport.

Thanks! It seems my DH does not want to drive to Detroit (4.5 hours) but he will drive to Buffalo (2.5 hours).

We have flown out of both Buffalo and Detroit. Both were great. We have flown with Jet Blue which is wonderful since you each get a tv and we have flown Southwest which is great too. Just no tv. We got a great deal for Southwest for our next trip in September. :)

Ahhh! I wish my DH would agree we could fly out of Detroit. Everything seems so much better vs what I'm seeing out of Buffalo. It's really a difference of, what, 2 hours? Maybe I can get him to see the light if I show him what's going on out of Buffalo right now.

I have a question about the AIT (body imaging thing) at security in at Buffalo airport as I have never done it before. When you go through where do they have you empty your pockets/leave your purse? I'm assuming you have to face the screen so does it go through behind you or behind the screen?

I ask because while returning from Disney in 2010 we saw a woman talking to security in MCO and what happened was while going through the metal detector, while pushing her wheelchair bound husband, her purse went through the scanner before her and someone picked it up and waked away with it. With all their money and ID. It was terrible! Since then I am paranoid and would hold on to my purse until it was actually my turn to go through and then I would watch like a hawk. That was with the old metal detector process.

Just wondering what to expect with the AIT in Buffalo? Appreciate any help and insight!

I'm always paranoid about this at any airport. DH goes first, followed by the kids. I go last and our last bin to get scanned is the one with the passports, money, cameras etc. This way I know DH has cleared and is able to grab my stuff. I sometimes wave other ahead to make sure DH is ready. i don't trust anyone :(

I just booked flights out of Buffalo for April 7-14 for two round trip adults, with one stop for an hour at BWI on the way home. It cost $617 CDN once it was converted and such. Its not a terrible price considering the cheapest I could find from Pearson was $677 CDN plus an extra $100 for bags. I know we have to drive further and pay for hotel and parking but we prefer flying from Buffalo as you don't have to go through customs and the airport is much easier to navigate. Besides we would be paying for a hotel the night before in Toronto anyways as we like to fly out on the earliest flights available. I've definitely gotten cheaper flights from Buffalo before though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!