FAQ: Flying Out of Buffalo OR Detroit

Help with Parking - So I get a great deal at the Westin at DTW because my daughter works for Starwood, but not too thrilled to pay $23/day for parking for 12 days. Was wondering if I could park at Quik Park, get shuttled by them to the Airport, then find my way to the Westin. We are staying the night before we fly out in the morning. Then on the way home, we just get the Quik Park shuttle to our car. This way parking is only $10/day with a free day. Opinions please, we have never stayed at the Westin. Is it easier to go through security? We will have to check bags in the morning so my understanding is we have to check our bags then go back to the hotel (if we want) and go through their security. Is it worth it or should I just stay at the Fairfield which is right next door to Quik Park?

Help with Parking - So I get a great deal at the Westin at DTW because my daughter works for Starwood, but not too thrilled to pay $23/day for parking for 12 days. Was wondering if I could park at Quik Park, get shuttled by them to the Airport, then find my way to the Westin. We are staying the night before we fly out in the morning. Then on the way home, we just get the Quik Park shuttle to our car. This way parking is only $10/day with a free day. Opinions please, we have never stayed at the Westin. Is it easier to go through security? We will have to check bags in the morning so my understanding is we have to check our bags then go back to the hotel (if we want) and go through their security. Is it worth it or should I just stay at the Fairfield which is right next door to Quik Park?

We always stay at the Weston but always get park n fly package. It is a beautiful hotel. It has its own security area but only opens up at 8 or 9 a.m. the beauty of it is if you have a later flight, check in your bags and go back to the room and rest

So here's the deal, if I book the park and fly it is $275 (we need 13 nights of parking plus the room) The friends and family rate for the Westin is $69 (no parking included, to pay for parking is $24/day) which makes it over $300. Here is what I was thinking - family rate at the Westin @ $69 park offsite at Quikpark @10/day - 1 day free = $120, which makes it $189. Quikpark will shuttle us to the Delta gate, but just worried about getting to the Westin from there? Also wondering how far it is to bag check? Is it really worth it if I have to go to bag check and our flight is early so may end up going thru regular security anyway? (8:30 a.m.)

So here's the deal, if I book the park and fly it is $275 (we need 13 nights of parking plus the room) The friends and family rate for the Westin is $69 (no parking included, to pay for parking is $24/day) which makes it over $300. Here is what I was thinking - family rate at the Westin @ $69 park offsite at Quikpark @10/day - 1 day free = $120, which makes it $189. Quikpark will shuttle us to the Delta gate, but just worried about getting to the Westin from there? Also wondering how far it is to bag check? Is it really worth it if I have to go to bag check and our flight is early so may end up going thru regular security anyway? (8:30 a.m.)

If your flight is at 8:30, the Westinghouse security gate is not open. The Westin hotel is a 4 minute walk to the Delta baggage checkin so that is no problem. Some people say it is longer but it is right beside the end of the delta check in. It is a great hotel . You can go through security the night before and go to the terminal for dinner or shopping

If your flight is at 8:30, the Westinghouse security gate is not open. The Westin hotel is a 4 minute walk to the Delta baggage checkin so that is no problem. Some people say it is longer but it is right beside the end of the delta check in. It is a great hotel . You can go through security the night before and go to the terminal for dinner or shopping[

Last edited:
Thanks, I was trying to figure out if it would be worth the hassle to park offsite and then stay at the Westin vs staying at the Fairfield and getting a shuttle in the morning (how much time I would save in the morning so I could sleep in a bit more - early flight 8:30) So maybe stay at the Westin, park offsite and get a shuttle to the terminal (Westin) the night before, stay at the Westin, get up and go through baggage check and regular security I guess. Sound like a good plan??? Trying to save some $$ on parking (it's like half price to park offsite).[/QUOTE]

If your flight is at 8:30, the Westinghouse security gate is not open. The Westin hotel is a 4 minute walk to the Delta baggage checkin so that is no problem. Some people say it is longer but it is right beside the end of the delta check in. It is a great hotel . You can go through security the night before and go to the terminal for dinner or shopping
Thanks, I was trying to figure out if it would be worth the hassle to park offsite and then stay at the Westin vs staying at the Fairfield and getting a shuttle in the morning (how much time I would save in the morning so I could sleep in a bit more - early flight 8:30) So maybe stay at the Westin, park offsite and get a shuttle to the terminal (Westin) the night before, stay at the Westin, get up and go through baggage check and regular security I guess. Sound like a good plan??? Trying to save some $$ on parking (it's like half price to park offsite).
[/QUOTE]

JMHO but yes, stay at the Westin. You will appreciate your decision come departure morning

We fly at least twice a month out of Niagara to Sanford/Orlando. In fact did so today back to Fla.

JMHO but yes, stay at the Westin. You will appreciate your decision come departure morning[/QUOTE]

Just an update, we ended up staying at the Westin and parked there as well. Could not have asked for a better experience. So happy we did that, I have a feeling this will be our new norm. It was so quick and easy it was worth the extra $$

We generally leave from Rochester or Buffalo. This year we were looking at Detroit but ended with the exchange rate so crappy we ended up going with ottawa

We generally leave from Rochester or Buffalo. This year we were looking at Detroit but ended with the exchange rate so crappy we ended up going with ottawa

Wait, it was cheaper for you to fly to Orlando from Ottawa then it was from either Buffalo or Niagara?

I see buffalo actually has 4 direct flights a day to Orlando up until about the end of August. Then I'm only seeing 2 per day for September.
I'm planning on going in September do u think they will add more flights? I've always gone in September and there have always been 4 a day, and I've always booked around April/may

Has anyone ever used Frontier Air out of Detroit? If you have, can you share your experience? Thank you!!

Is there still a coupon for parking at the Buffalo Airport?

I'm not sure about a coupon for Buffalo Airport parking but we normally use The Parking Spot and there are coupons available for them. GREAT company! More than once they have unloaded my luggage from the shuttle directly into my car. Each person gets a bottle of cold water when you're leaving. Top notch customer service and about the same $$ as Buffalo Airport parking.

Has anyone ever used Frontier Air out of Detroit? If you have, can you share your experience? Thank you!!
I'm also wondering about the logistics of flying in to Detroit without a car, what's the best way to cross into Windsor & get Via?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!