FAQ for Disneyland Brides

I'm surprised you guys are having a hard time getting a hold of someone, I was initialy contacted within 24 hours.

To be honest, Traci Banister, my "Sales & Service Manager", calls me more than I call her! She has called me three times this week! Yes, we are in the middle of planning our food tasting on the 11th, but she has really been great at responding to my e-mails. I dont think I have waited longer than 48 hours for a responce from her, and then only because it was over thanksgiving. I have been working with her for about two months now and I happy to say its been great.

If there are any DL brides out there... did you hire a wedding planner outside of Disney? If so, who did you hire and how was the service? TIA

We did not hire any outside planners. I didn't find it to be necessary as the FTW planners are more than dilligent to your wedding day needs. What I did for the small tasks that I did not want to bothe rour planners for was to designate a friend or family member who wa snot in the bridal party to double check on things (ie. to make sure that our clothes were moved from our dressing room to our wedding night room).

We planned our wedding from Northern California and did not need anyone to go between us and FTW. As far as our vendors were concerned we contacted them ourselves and we met with some in advace when possible. Plus we communicated with our planners on a regular basis via telephone and email. Honestly I do not forsee the need to use anyone outside of Disney as they know how their events go, their locations, and are more then dilligent to your needs.

Hi

I was wondering if anybody knew what the new minimums were for a Disneyland wedding in 2010? and do I have to wait until 18 months out to call and get penciled in? What is the exact timeline? I'm finally engaged, but we're not getting married until Dec. 2010 so I was wondering how early I can contact Disneyland? Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately I do not know what the new minimums are but as far as calling, give ot a shot now. The worst they can say is to call back in August. I do know a bride who recently signed her contract at 18+ months, and it is NOT an in park event. With the economy the way that it is they might be willing to pencil you in sooner.

wow that would be great! I cannot wait to get the ball rolling! I'll let you know if I get a good response... wish me luck!

Hi All,
I'm just starting to plan my DL wedding for Dec. 2009. RCG ceremony/Garden room reception. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good officiant. We only want about a 20 minute ceremony and something that's not too traditional because we may want to say our own vows. Not sure yet.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeanie

Hi Jeanie!

First congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! Even though it feels so far in the future, it will come so fast!! :)

My DH and I got married at the RCG with our reception at the GC on 8/30/08. We used Rev. Uhlar for our officiant and loved him. He is one of Disney's recommended vendors and has a couple of different cermonies that you can use (one is more religious than the other). We didn't use our own vows, but he would have accomodated if we had and I believe the ceremony was less than 25 minutes (although it feels like seconds when you are up there!!)

I believe his website with his information is www.wedding-ceremonies-officiants.com .

If you have any questions at all about anything Disneyland wedding related I would be more than happy to assist!

Congrats again!

~Krista

Hi Krista,
Congratulations to you, as well!

Thank you for your reply. I liked Rev. Uhlar's website and will be giving him a call. I'll tell him that he came highly recommended.
Did you by any chance do a PJ or trip report?

Thank you again!
Jeanie

You know, I didn't. I had every intention of doing a trip report for both the wedding and the honeymoon when we got back from our Disney World honeymoon at the end of September and somehow it is now almost the end of January and I still don't know where the past few months have gone!

Part of the lack of a trip report is because I haven't gotten my wedding photos back yet from my photographer (she did an incredible job) as she does wedding photography part time, so its taken a little longer. However, if you ever want to check out the unedited photos from our day the website is www.ourphotocorner.com, the event name is Krista and Brian, date is August 2008 and the password is fairytale. :)

Hi

I am hoping to have a small reception in late Nov/early December this year.

I have been going through all the information that was sent out and I am having a bit of trouble getting through it and I hope this isn’t a silly question (or one that has been asked & answered a hundred times :) ) but can you have a ceremony or renewal off site and then just have a reception style lunch/dinner? If you hire a Disney photographer can you have pictures in your wedding dress or do they consider it an escape wedding regardless of ceremony or not?

As we don’t want to have a vow renewal on site, but would be happy with everything else. We really hoped to have a small celebratory lunch or dinner either on our own or with one or with two close friends. I was also hoping to hire a photographer for either a trash the dress style shoot or a shoot in our wedding attire if we are allowed, but we don’t want to have the ceremony at DL do we have any options :confused3 ?

Krista, Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. Your wedding looked fabulous. I loved the photos with you in the carriage. You really do look like a princess! And those centerpieces are gorgeous! I don't think I will be able to find the time to do a PJ either. Maybe a trip report. It would be a good keepsake for later when all the wonderful details start to fade. Oh well, we'll see... the intention is there. Thanks again for sharing!!!

Hi Nessa, How exciting for you!
You can have just the reception at any of the hotels at the DLR. Depending on the guest count it might be more economical to have it at one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney. Or if you're not going to be wearing a traditional wedding gown you can have it in one of the parks. The Blue Bayou has great atmosphere and I heard they sell some romantic dinner package for two. It costs $150, but you get to keep the toasting glasses. Or you can try the Golden Vine at CA. But they did close the fine dinning area, private parties have a minimum of 50 guests or you can pay an extra service charge. And that's on top of the $70 per person. I think there are some nicer restaurants in Grand CA and Disneyland Hotels. Just go on their website or the dining sticky here on Disboards. Brides aren't allowed to wear wedding gowns in the parks because guests might mistake them for character/princess'. I think if you hire a Disney approved photographer you might be able to pix in the park before it opens. Not sure. Is an Escape wedding for DL or WDW? Good Luck!!!

We were at Disneyland last weekend and took pictures of some of the reception locations done up for weddings. I dunno if they're helpful to anyone, but I thought I'd post them here:

Sleeping Beauty Pavilion at the Disneyland Hotel:
IMG_9428.jpg

Brisa Courtyard (set up for a cocktail hour) at the Grand Californian:
IMG_9426.jpg

That's actually very helpful Lurky, thanks. I've been wondering what that room looks like with the chair covers. The chairs in there are nice and comfy, but they really stand out because they are dark blue, especially in the daytime.

Oh good! I'm glad it was worth DH sneaking into the doorway to get a shot before we got shooed out by the staff.

I can't believe I haven't seen your PJ before now - I'm only a few pages in now, and I'm hooked! :surfweb:

Hi Nessa, How exciting for you!
You can have just the reception at any of the hotels at the DLR. Depending on the guest count it might be more economical to have it at one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney. Or if you're not going to be wearing a traditional wedding gown you can have it in one of the parks. The Blue Bayou has great atmosphere and I heard they sell some romantic dinner package for two. It costs $150, but you get to keep the toasting glasses. Or you can try the Golden Vine at CA. But they did close the fine dinning area, private parties have a minimum of 50 guests or you can pay an extra service charge. And that's on top of the $70 per person. I think there are some nicer restaurants in Grand CA and Disneyland Hotels. Just go on their website or the dining sticky here on Disboards. Brides aren't allowed to wear wedding gowns in the parks because guests might mistake them for character/princess'. I think if you hire a Disney approved photographer you might be able to pix in the park before it opens. Not sure. Is an Escape wedding for DL or WDW? Good Luck!!!

Sorry you are right they call it Escape at WDW but I basically want something similar to this at DL.

I am so confused and I think I will just give up :sad2: ! I have finally found a Disney contact who could sent us out some information on Disneyland weddings but she talks in circles and I have no idea what to do :confused3

It will just be me and DH, we have organized our ceremony elsewhere as it has taken 18months for us to get to this initial stage of planning and I don’t want to come home from our trip not married. So I have organised the ceremony outside of Disney.

What I want is…

* Flowers – a small bouquet for me and a button hole for DH
* Photography – wedding day photo shoot, preferable in the park and a honeymoon shoot
* Intimate reception/celebration lunch or dinner at one of the restaurants for just the 2 of us we may have 2 friends with us to.

That’s it I really can’t think of anything other than Hotel rooms and park tickets that we might want (unless have I forgotten anything important?)

And this is the response I got again today from Disney on my question above

You can have a reception only A weekday wedding reception has to have a minimum of $10k plus 21% service charge and 7.75% tax. What could possibly be included in that 10k is food & beverage, DJ or other reception music, centerpieces, favors and other Disney Elements. What is not included in that 10k is the hotel rooms, theme park tickets, photography or videography, invitations or bridal attire. Looking forward to working together.

So does that mean that we would pay $10K USD + photography + hotels + theme park tickets? For just the two of us :faint: ?

I really liked disneyfifs idea of a restaurant in DTD but was hoping to be able to organise through Disney weddings, especially coming from Oz it would be so much easier for us to be able to coordinator through a area person.

Can anyone help explain this too me I am so confused

DL stopped doing their version of the intimate wedding package in 2003. For an event through them you would have to meet their minimum expenditures whihc for 2 people would be very expensive.

Hi Nessa --

I definitely do not want to be the bearer of bad news but from what I recall from when were were planning our wedding and from what you have posted, the minimum expenditure is $10k to go through Disney Weddings. They do not offer any sort of initimate type packages.

Unfortunately, DL does not have such an extensive wedding department & offerings as WDW. As far as I know, DL also does not offer the in-park photo shoots and honeymoon photo packages as WDW does nor do they do their own photography (which is why it isn't included in the minimum), they have recommended vendors.

We used a Disney recommended photographer who also did our engagement photos in the park and even after much encouragement from Disney Weddings we were harrassed all day by security at both parks because our photographer didn't have a "press pass". We weren't wearing anything fancy either, just jeans and matching polo shirts. Out of all the shoots she had done in the park before, she had never needed a press pass and no one that I spoke to (including my coordinator) after the incident knew anything about it. It was horrible. We got gorgeous photos from it and do have very good memories of the day, but the way we were treated by security definitely tainted the memory.

As others have said before, your best bet would be to try to make a reservation at one of the hotel restaurants or DTD. Steakhouse 55 at the DL Hotel and Napa Rose at the GC are both lovely restuarants. I would confirm though that they will not give you any issue for being there in your wedding attire. Blue Bayou in DL would of course be romantic as well, but again, as fas as I know, Disney will not allow you in the park in your wedding attire (if it is casual enough to pull of as just being "nicely dressed" - you may be able to do that).

I wish we had some of the offerings WDW did, I would have LOVED an in park shoot in my dress, but unfortunately we on the west coast get jipped in the wedding department!

Good luck with your planning and I am really sorry that it isn't sounding like DL Weddings will be able to offer you what you are looking for on your wedding day! :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter