Please remove

Thanks for the timely post. This summer (5 July) we will be traveling to Germany and it looks like the best train to where we are heading is ou t of Paris-Est.

I have been on the RAPT web site trying to figure out how to get there from DLP. This month the route is to take RER A just like you said into Paris, transfer via Metro to Gare du Nord then walk to Gare Est ... easy. But as I get closer to 5 July (can only search through the end of May), the web site is coming up with different routes - and not good times.

The train we want to catch to Germany leaves at 10:40, so we are planning to arrive around 10:00 to give some "just in case" time. RAPT has us leaving DLP at 5:08 arriving at 6:08 or the next option (which starts with Line 62?) leave at 9:25 and arriving 11:12 (does NOT work).

Since our dates are so far out, do you think that the schedules are not set yet, or are they planning on working on the A line and there will be alternate schedules?

Thanks for your help.

The RER and metro trains run every few minutes so dont get too stuck on a timetable.

I always use this map to work out where I need to go

RER A to central Paris - get off at Chatelet les Halles - change onto metro line 4 (dark pink) and go in direction of Porte de Clignancourt to Gare de l'est

https://www.ratp.fr/sites/default/files/plans-lignes/Plans-essentiels/Plan-Metro.1553075320.pdf

The journey will take about 60-90 minutes

Be warned though that you are travelling in rush hour. The RER starts at DLP (Marne la Vallee) so you will get a seat ok but the train will get more crowded as you head into Paris as its a commuter train. If you have a lot of luggage people may not be very happy and you will have to push through people to get off at Chatelet (you only have a few seconds to get on and off) then the metro will also be very crowded and busy.

Be warned though that you are travelling in rush hour. The RER starts at DLP (Marne la Vallee) so you will get a seat ok but the train will get more crowded as you head into Paris as its a commuter train. If you have a lot of luggage people may not be very happy and you will have to push through people to get off at Chatelet (you only have a few seconds to get on and off) then the metro will also be very crowded and busy.
Thanks for the info. And we have done the luggage thing on the metro in Vancouver BC, Washington DC, New York, London and Paris. But we might not have attempted this during rush hour.

We will be prepared to exit the train and the Metro when when they stop :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!