Fascinating article re social clubs at DL

I've seen these types at the parks over the past few years a number of times. I have never seen them cause any trouble but I've heard cast members say they sometimes cause trouble/act obnoxious and rude but nothing criminal. But I think any grown up who wants to identify themselves as any type of gang member, even a disney one, is not playing with a full deck.

It sounds like a funny story. But that doesn't mean it's not real. Crazy!
Yes, sorry-didn’t meanti imply it was fake. That radio show has a segment where folks read three different stories and the guest (it was David Duchovny) have to say which one is real-this one sounded outlandish enough by husband assumed it was one of the fake ones when read.

I was a little surprised to see all the articles about the social clubs. I kinda thought they peaked in popularity several years ago. I recall several discussions and new articles about them back in 2014 or so, but in the last few years it seems like there aren't as many clubs that are still active and going to the parks. I wonder if the lawsuit has finally moving forward or something like that causing the clubs to be back in the news.

I saw a family that belonged to one of these pin gangs last October, and I was tickled w/ the idea. I had all kinds of fun teasing my husband w/ the super cool gang-of-one pin gang that I would form. Names, themes, vests, what a new outlet for creativity! I recently bought my husband a Jack and Sally patch from Harveys that was way bigger than I thought it would be. Upon seeing it, I offered to buy him a vest so he could attach it to the back and start adding pins from our collection. Strangely enough, he declined. :joker:

We know someone who heads his own Disney gang. He is definitely an eccentric, but harmless enough. His wife would never let him get into any trouble with Disney, so we don't worry about him at all. The gang seems to be mainly about having a cool name and super cool clothes. We were tempted to join just for the clothes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts