Fashion & Comfort - Help!

Thank you! I am currently on the hunt for shorts that are mid-thigh length! I have some but most of mine are denim, and I'm afraid I'll be hot and uncomfortable, so I'm looking for like cotton or linen maybe something breathable! I still plan to pack denim shorts for the evenings possibly. Thank you again!

The shorts I like most are from Loft - the riviera style. 4, 6 and 8 inch inseams. They are usually on sale and a ton of colors! This year they have straight and curvy fit to choose from.

Hi! We are heading down around the 4th of July similar to your time frame. We have never been at this time but we have been at the end of the summer in August and it is hot and humid. Plan for heat, humidity and rain. My game plan is to wear wicking type athletic wear during the day and then change into a cuter/cotton like summer outfit in the evenings after our mid day break. I have found the athletic skorts are super comfortable. Target sells come C9 ones for about $25 and Kohls carry a bunch right around that price range most have pockets too which is a huge plus if you do not want to carry around a bag. I want to be comfortable but I also want to look cute as others have said for pictures. Try to keep your colors light that will help you stay cool. White can be your friend this time of year as long as you don't have to wear multiple layers because it is so see through. Bring a couple extra pairs of under garments as you will sweat and get wet and it is nice not to have to do laundry.

As for shoes I always bring canvas type shoe like Keds, an athletic shoe, Birkenstocks, and a flip flop sandal. You want to be able to rotate your shoes and if one gets wet and soaked you want to have something else to wear. If your tennis shoes or canvas shoes get soaked stuff them with newspaper this will help pull the moisture out of your shoes and help them dry faster.

Chub Rub is not fun and one tip I picked up here years ago that has been my favorite it Monistat Cooling Chaffing Gel. It is sold in a tube and comes out as a cold gel but when you rub it in it feels like powder. I have used it for the chub rub but I also use it under my breasts because in the heat they get sweaty and this helps so much. Keeps the bra from getting uncomfortable. I have also used it on my heals and feet when things are rubbing. It is like $6 and I pick mine up at Target.

Have fun, I hope I helped a little sorry it is so long.
Thanks for the tip about the sweaty boobs! I have some large breasts and hate a sweaty bra yuck!
:thanks:

Attachments

• thanks[1].gif
    thanks[1].gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 1
The shorts I like most are from Loft - the riviera style. 4, 6 and 8 inch inseams. They are usually on sale and a ton of colors! This year they have straight and curvy fit to choose from.
Wanted to mention they have this style at J Crew as well in tons of colors and they have decent sales as well! Also if you still have access to a college/university email they will give you the student discount! I've been out of school for 7 years now and still can get the student discount!😉

I’ll be there in a few weeks as well! For the first time I will be wearing summer dresses.... picked up a few at Costco just for this trip. My aim is to stay cool and fresh in Florida’s heat! 😂😂😂

I just want to add that with the chub rub, the minute something chafes in the park, especially in the summer heat, it WILL become an issue, as you will be walking at a minimum 10 miles a day, so you want to make sure there is never an opportunity for that to happen. I use the monistat chafing relief powder gel mentioned above, as I think it's the best (also, bonus, it can be used as a make-up primer if you don't already have a favorite, also, you can buy it on target online if you don't want to buy it in person), but I make sure I bring it into the parks with me on days I worry about chafing and reapply as needed (I am not a shorts type girl, I'm more a dress type, and usually wear capri length leggings or jockey shorts under to guarantee my thighs won't be rubbing directly together). As for your question, I find lightweight dresses the most comfortable option for the parks, as they are breezy, cute, and deal with the swampy weather better than anything else (in my opinion).

Also, I am a sandal girl, and in this past year I've switched from basic simple leather strap flip flops (because the ones I loved were discontinued) to sanuk yoga sling 2's and I love them. It feels like I'm walking on those squishy anti-fatigue mats all day, and the only time I've ever gotten a blister from them is because I have chubby feet and sometimes size up on a pair, so they move a bit more on me than they would on most people, which can cause a toe strap blister (but this only ever happened once. I should mention my partner and I visit often, so this is once out of 6ish trips in the last year and and half).

I think the whole thing to think about in a Disney trip is stopping potential issues before they happen. Chub rub and blisters can really be a damper on your vacation, so trying to curtail them or prevent them should be a priority.

Last edited:
I have to mention about shorts under dresses - unless your dress is very flowy/short and it's windy, I never felt the need for them. So much lighter/cooler feeling w/out shorts.

Last trip I hopped on and off most rides and not once did anyone get a flash of anything. :)

I think the need for the shorts is more of a need of preventing chafing "chub rub" rather than modesty-preserving.

Hi! We are heading down around the 4th of July similar to your time frame. We have never been at this time but we have been at the end of the summer in August and it is hot and humid. Plan for heat, humidity and rain. My game plan is to wear wicking type athletic wear during the day and then change into a cuter/cotton like summer outfit in the evenings after our mid day break. I have found the athletic skorts are super comfortable. Target sells come C9 ones for about $25 and Kohls carry a bunch right around that price range most have pockets too which is a huge plus if you do not want to carry around a bag. I want to be comfortable but I also want to look cute as others have said for pictures. Try to keep your colors light that will help you stay cool. White can be your friend this time of year as long as you don't have to wear multiple layers because it is so see through. Bring a couple extra pairs of under garments as you will sweat and get wet and it is nice not to have to do laundry.

As for shoes I always bring canvas type shoe like Keds, an athletic shoe, Birkenstocks, and a flip flop sandal. You want to be able to rotate your shoes and if one gets wet and soaked you want to have something else to wear. If your tennis shoes or canvas shoes get soaked stuff them with newspaper this will help pull the moisture out of your shoes and help them dry faster.

Chub Rub is not fun and one tip I picked up here years ago that has been my favorite it Monistat Cooling Chaffing Gel. It is sold in a tube and comes out as a cold gel but when you rub it in it feels like powder. I have used it for the chub rub but I also use it under my breasts because in the heat they get sweaty and this helps so much. Keeps the bra from getting uncomfortable. I have also used it on my heals and feet when things are rubbing. It is like $6 and I pick mine up at Target.

Have fun, I hope I helped a little sorry it is so long.

I DONT MIND LONG MESSAGES!!! To me I just means your trying to help 😁

Thank you for your reply!

I think I’m following you logic, white top or light colors, and I’ve got some cotton athletic shorts - they have a longer inseam 5” I think - and my lungs don’t rub near as bad but that aren’t long enough I feel like I’ll get hot 🥵 but I’m totally borrowing your Monistat Gel! I also have some skorts and soft denium shorts for the evening, are bit of night owls so we will probably close down the parks 😁

I have to mention about shorts under dresses - unless your dress is very flowy/short and it's windy, I never felt the need for them. So much lighter/cooler feeling w/out shorts.

Last trip I hopped on and off most rides and not once did anyone get a flash of anything. :)

I was mainly thinking shorts to prevent chub rub. The dress main dress I plan to wear to the park is a Lula Roe Carly in a Donald Duck print. Ive got Donald Duck Ears to match and I was going to wear it to Animal Kingdom on the day we are having breakfast at Tusker House! I’ve attached a pic of my dress 😁DFCDB26E-C333-444D-91B0-1C97C5D358BD.jpeg

I was mainly thinking shorts to prevent chub rub. The dress main dress I plan to wear to the park is a Lula Roe Carly in a Donald Duck print. Ive got Donald Duck Ears to match and I was going to wear it to Animal Kingdom on the day we are having breakfast at Tusker House! I’ve attached a pic of my dress 😁View attachment 409873

Very cute!!!

Alas, at 45 I think I've aged out of fun prints like that (although my mom told me I look young so stop telling people my real age. Thanks mom ;) ).
I bet Donald will love it!

I do have some awesome flower/garden themed ears I plan to wear. (have you seen the Donald Duck butt ears? so cute)
:)

Very cute!!!

Alas, at 45 I think I've aged out of fun prints like that (although my mom told me I look young so stop telling people my real age. Thanks mom ;) ).
I bet Donald will love it!

I do have some awesome flower/garden themed ears I plan to wear. (have you seen the Donald Duck butt ears? so cute)
:)

I'm (a reportedly young looking, but who knows if I can believe that?) 37 and I think it's sad when anyone says they feel like they've aged out of fun prints. I firmly believe that Disney is the one place that there is no age restriction for fun prints. I own quite a few Disney print dresses from Torrid, Hot Topic, and Disney's Dress Shop Collection and that is what I wear when in the parks. I've never felt too old to wear them, and get compliments and support from all ages (and I am NOT an attention seeking type, but any compliments I receive have never been uncomfortable). In my day to day, I have an extremely professional higher level job and dress completely differently, but at Disney, everyone can get away with your favorite character smeared across your front. All this said, you should dress how you want to dress in the parks. I hope you never feel too "old" because that threshold does not exist!

I'm (a reportedly young looking, but who knows if I can believe that?) 37 and I think it's sad when anyone says they feel like they've aged out of fun prints. I firmly believe that Disney is the one place that there is no age restriction for fun prints. I own quite a few Disney print dresses from Torrid, Hot Topic, and Disney's Dress Shop Collection and that is what I wear when in the parks. I've never felt too old to wear them, and get compliments and support from all ages (and I am NOT an attention seeking type, but any compliments I receive have never been uncomfortable). In my day to day, I have an extremely professional higher level job and dress completely differently, but at Disney, everyone can get away with your favorite character smeared across your front. All this said, you should dress how you want to dress in the parks. I hope you never feel too "old" because that threshold does not exist!

I can’t agree more!!! Dress on what make you feel comfortable!!!

Hey y’all!!!

I’m looking for some advice about my upcoming Disney trip! We are about 35 days out :cool1: and I’m starting to gather clothes I want to take as I was them or find them. While doing this I began to wonder what I should really be taking with us because I know it’s going to be hot 🥵 so I’ve got a couple questions for y’all!

1. What are your favorite park shoes? Tennis Shoes or Sandals?
2. What kind of shorts do you wear (if you wear shorts)? I’m not big on Bermuda style but I hate chub rub on my thighs
3. Tanks? Short Sleeves?
4. Do you wear dresses to the parks??

Right now 85% of my shorts are denim or super dressy and I don’t think I want to wear denim to the parks. So I’m curious what y’all wear!

I want to hear what worked, what didn’t, what you loved and what you hated!

A little bit about me, I’m comfortable in shorts/tanks etc thing don’t have to be modest but I don’t like parts of me hanging out either! I am a bigger girl with thick thigh and some chub (just more to love). I plan on getting runners glide, it helps prevent chaffing but I’d like a longer shirt too just not to the knee.

Sorry if anything’s TMI!! I’m just looking for some advice, while give an appropriate amount of information!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

1) I switch between teva footbed sandals and tennis shoes/crocs (I know). We park hop with a break mid day so that's when I wash/soak my feet and switch shoes. Gives my feet a bit of a break and stops any blisters.
2) Loose athletic shorts. Last year I found these nice cotton shorts from Walmart in every color for like 4$ a piece. They are mid-thigh length and loose fitting and breathable. I also like the Old Navy "twill" shorts in the 3" or 5". They are super light (sometimes see through!) and comfortable. I will add for the chub rub I use the goldbond friction stick religiously. As soon as we get dressed for the park, and at all midday breaks.
3) I wear a mix of tanks and loose t shirts. I usually make a few custom shirts with my vinyl machine so I buy plain, comfortable tank tops from like Walmart or target to customize. I did order one online that was a unisex, hanes comfort color tank top that is super nice. Fits like a women's tank but cut like a mens muscle tank if that makes sense? No bra showing but also not super manly. T shirts I keep light, either moisture wicking or cotton.
4) I have NOT worn dresses yet but only because I am very non ladylike and would probably bend over or squat improperly :)

I treat the trip to the parks like a long hike. I wear mostly Columbia gear and high quality running shoes. I can't walk for long distances in sandals, so those are out for me. I wear mostly Columbia clothing that breathes/wicks moisture and has sun protection built in. It also dries really fast if you get wet on Splash or get caught in the rain. During rainy season I have a pair of Columbia fishing/boat shoes I pack so my running shoes don't get wet. I also bring 2 pairs of running shoes to rotate daily.

A slow WDW day for us is 7 miles of walking, and we've hit 11 before. Fashion goes out the window for me really and it's all about comfort and function.

My go-to Disney wardrobe is casual sun dresses, or long flowing maxi skirt with a fitted t-shirt. Cotton whenever possible and ALWAYS biker shorts underneath!!! With sketchers. These outfits are cool and comfortable in the parks all day but also photograph well at nice dinners, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter