Fashion Shows...do people ever wear the crazy fashions?

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
I'm a guy so I am not an expert on women's clothing at all, but I've always seen these wild and crazy fashion shows and wonder if they expect women to ever wear these outfits. Do they show the crazy stuff, then sell toned down versions later on?

Sonetimes, but I think it's more of a fashion-as-art kind of event...a chance for designers to go all out and experiment with color, fabric, shape, etc.

That's what I was thinking, sort of like wild concept cars in the automotive world (that I'm more familiar with :) )

In the TV show, Project Runway, the judges often talk about the need to make some outfits which will be very "editorial," meaning that they are very showy and are perfect for using in photos for magazine layouts & articles, social media, advertising, etc., to create buzz for the designers & the magazines. Most of them can't/won't ever be worn. And if they are, the designers will create a more toned down version, or one that covers the parts of a woman more than the ones the models on the runway wear.

In the TV show, Project Runway, the judges often talk about the need to make some outfits which will be very "editorial," meaning that they are very showy and are perfect for using in photos for magazine layouts & articles, social media, advertising, etc., to create buzz for the designers & the magazines. Most of them can't/won't ever be worn. And if they are, the designers will create a more toned down version, or one that covers the parts of a woman more than the ones the models on the runway wear.

yeah, I guess flashy styling does provide publicity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!