Fast food

Great question, I know my 8 YO DD in 4 weeks time is going to want some "home" like food.::yes::::yes:: I will be filing these away in my notes section of guidebooks for reference.

I thought I might piggy-back on this thread.

On our next visit to Japan, we'll be taking my mother-in-law who only eats chicken (i.e. she doesn't eat pork or beef). Based on our prior trips, we know that chicken dishes can be quite difficult to find as pork appears to be the most common type of meat in Japan.

Does anyone know of Japanese "fast food" restaurants which have chicken dishes? Things like chicken curry (instead of pork curry) or really any kind of chicken and rice or chicken and vegetable meal (i.e. not chicken burgers from KFC, although that will probably do in a pinch).

On our next visit to Japan, we'll be taking my mother-in-law who only eats chicken (i.e. she doesn't eat pork or beef). Based on our prior trips, we know that chicken dishes can be quite difficult to find as pork appears to be the most common type of meat in Japan.

Does anyone know of Japanese "fast food" restaurants which have chicken dishes? Things like chicken curry (instead of pork curry) or really any kind of chicken and rice or chicken and vegetable meal (i.e. not chicken burgers from KFC, although that will probably do in a pinch).
I didn’t find any specific restaurants (besides kfc) but I found this article that talks about where you could get chicken: https://blog.gaijinpot.com/4-foods-cant-buy-japan/

I’m a little bummed because I love grilled chicken. We ate at the Japan quick service in Epcot and were not fans of the beef udon at all. The beef was stringy and gross but it sounds like that’s normal in Japan

Coco Ichibanya has chicken curry in their menu

https://www.ichibanya.co.jp/english/#modal__menu01
https://www.ichibanya.co.jp/menu/pdf/menubook_en.pdf

Last edited:
We love Lotteria in Korea but don't care for the ones in Japan. We did like the teriyaki chicken sandwiches at McDonalds and the burgers at Mos Burger. Other than that we just ate at the parks, had Japanese food or ate in the lounge at the hotel. 2 out of my 3 kids are fairly picky eaters but they were pretty happy with Ramen or some other type of noodles generally. And McDonalds when they didn't get quite enough at dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!