Fast pass booked before tickets purchase

Poipu04

Earning My Ears
I booked my fast passes on MDE last week and today got the confirmation code for my tickets. My Costco package says the actual tickets will be at will call. I linked the tickets to MDE using the confirmation code for the tickets. Is there anything else I need to do? Will my fast passes be automatically linked to the tickets since they are already in MDE?

I booked my fast passes on MDE last week and today got the confirmation code for my tickets. My Costco package says the actual tickets will be at will call. I linked the tickets to MDE using the confirmation code for the tickets. Is there anything else I need to do? Will my fast passes be automatically linked to the tickets since they are already in MDE?
All your data is linked to your MDX account. If you are staying onsite, your MBs will provide the link to your MDX account at the park entrances and the FP lines.

You won’t need to go to Will Call if you are staying onsite - you’ll automatically receive MBs.

I don't have an answer for you but I'm curious. How did you book FP without tickets?

Here is the strange thing, under tickets I have my real tickets and also two fast pass planning key cards. I don’t really know what those are but I’m assuming that is how I was able to book FP without tickets. I started reserving the FP before I purchased the Costco package. I did have the MDE app already and have used the app over the years. I don’t know for sure! If anyone else has seen FP planning key cards on their MDE app, let me know!

Here is the strange thing, under tickets I have my real tickets and also two fast pass planning key cards. I don’t really know what those are but I’m assuming that is how I was able to book FP without tickets. I started reserving the FP before I purchased the Costco package. I did have the MDE app already and have used the app over the years. I don’t know for sure! If anyone else has seen FP planning key cards on their MDE app, let me know!
So you were able book your FP prior to purchasing your package/tickets? That's very interesting. I've never heard of FP planning key cards.

So you were able book your FP prior to purchasing your package/tickets? That's very interesting. I've never heard of FP planning key cards.
Yes, I figured that I already had the app so I started booking the FP before I linked tickets to the account. I had no idea if that was right or wrong but my app let me do it because it was 30 days before the trip. I just don’t know if these FP virtual planning key cards which are also under tickets on MDE need to be linked somehow.

Did you have any ticket entitlements in MDE when you initially booked your FP?

Perhaps some old non-expiring tickets from a previous trip?
Hmmmm, good point. I don’t think so because my last trip was a one day race through Epcot on a three hour shore excursion. Lol. Not for the faint of heart. I think I just had a one day ticket but I will take a look.

Hmmmm, good point. I don’t think so because my last trip was a one day race through Epcot on a three hour shore excursion. Lol. Not for the faint of heart. I think I just had a one day ticket but I will take a look.
Your shore excursion probably included the FP Key Cards.

Your ability to book FPs then had nothing to do with your Costco Package. It has to be the Key Cards.

I started reserving the FP before I purchased the Costco package.

You had to have other tickets on your account.

Yes, I figured that I already had the app so I started booking the FP before I linked tickets to the account. I had no idea if that was right or wrong

There’s no right or wrong involved; it’s just impossible to make FP+ arrangements without tickets on your account. So there’s something ticket-like already on there.

You had to have other

There’s no right or wrong involved; it’s just impossible to make FP+ arrangements without tickets on your account. So there’s something ticket-like already on there.

Yeah either the FP planning key card is like a temporary ticket or it recognized my old ticket. I wish I could post a screen grab but I think I need 10 posts and I’m not there yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter