fast pass for Slinky Dog Dash

We did HS rope drop this past Friday. Got there at 8am. Were 6th in line at tap point. Unfortunately when they opened the tap points at 8:30am the people in front had issues so it took us longer than it should have to get through. We quickstepped to the rope that was just past starbucks location. Everyone held there until around 8:45am. Then we were walked with CM's keeping the lines together until we got to Toy Story Land. They told everyone to be under the umbrellas for the Slinky Dog line, so stay to the far right of the group. We were on slinky dog, rode and were off by about 9:03am. Then we headed to R&Rollercoaster for a walk-on ride. Then did Tower twice! All before 11:00am (oh, and DS had a FP for R&RC so he rode that twice, and I just waited for him).

Good way to go if you don't get a FP!

Three hours seems like a long time for Slinky, RnR and Tot x2. I really believe that you could do all of this plus a couple of rides on Toy Story in about half that time later in the day and not have to deal with the stress at the tapstyle.

How difficult is it to get a fast pass for four people for SDD 60 days out?
My experience may be different from others in getting the Slinky FP, but I was unable to get it at 60+2. We're now 15 days away from our trip and finally a FP was available yesterday for the exact time I needed. I had been checking a few times a day since our FP window opened up. Don't lose hope if you can't get it at first!

We tried at 60+1 days out and were not able to get one. I checked on probably a daily basis after that trying to find one, and checked the day of our trip and no luck. We did end up waiting about 60 minutes for the ride in the middle of the day and it was a fun ride so I didn't mind that wait. We had planned to go close to park closing, like others suggested, and I'm glad we didn't wait because it was raining for most of the evening so it would have been a less than enjoyable experience!!!!

We have been successful getting FPs for SDD at 60+3 . could not get earlier than that. Many were available at 60+4 on.
Otherwise we rode with a very short wait at RD.

Another option is the Early Morning Magic event. Check out the thread on this board for it, but many people report riding SDD many times with little to 0 wait during that event.

I tried for party of 4 at 60+1 and there was zero availability all day.

what time of day when you hit the 30 day mark? (hoping people cancel)

No particular time. Usually it's a few days before the 30 day mark. At 30 days, all the offsite guests can go on and try to make their FPs, so things are getting snapped up at that point. Onsite guests who are cancelling a package need to do it 30 days out, so they're likely to cancel a few days before that.

Same thing around a week before because people cancel room-only reservations.

Then people start cancelling in the days leading up to their trip, the night before, and the day of, just because as they get closer, plans change. I've dropped FPs just because my kids didn't want to leave the hotel pool, so we went back to the park later than originally planned.

Went mid-December, so low/moderate crowds. Was not able to get one for 60+3 or 60+4 and none opened up during our stay. Just didn't ride. Maybe next time when everyone else is Galaxy's Edge.

I got SDD at 60+3 for my middle of March trip that goes over the weekend. I had pretty much the whole day to chose from. Not sure if we could have gotten it any earlier I didn't check. Couldn't get FOP though for the beginning of the trip.

how do you get pictures in your reply? I think it's cool. Also I'm new do you mind telling me how you get a picture with your name.

Hi search for Disney animated gifs (or jifs) and then go to your signature (click on your user name on the top right when you are signed in to Disboards) & you can add the moving image, there is also a technology forum on this board too that can help you, hope this helps ( :

Got one for two at 60+1 at 5:30pm for 2 for a trip 3/15-3/25 (booking right at 7am EST), so the trick of breaking your group into 2 and 3 might be your best bet!

Rope drop it or go at closing, we rode it numerous times and never had a FP last week.

We rode it once with a FP+ in the morning and once at close. At close was awesome! Loved riding it at night! We got in line at 7:40 p.m. for an 8 p.m. close. We were off the ride at 8:30 p.m. We could have waited until 7:55 p.m. and probably have had a shorter wait. Not many people were in line behind us. On our next trip, we will definitely try to ride it at park close again.

My experience may be different from others in getting the Slinky FP, but I was unable to get it at 60+2. We're now 15 days away from our trip and finally a FP was available yesterday for the exact time I needed. I had been checking a few times a day since our FP window opened up. Don't lose hope if you can't get it at first!

Got one for two at 60+1 at 5:30pm for 2 for a trip 3/15-3/25 (booking right at 7am EST), so the trick of breaking your group into 2 and 3 might be your best bet!

That's probably what happened last August when I was trying to get Slinky for a party 6 (at 60 + 2 and 60 + 3) , I couldn't get anything & was only able to get a party of 4 on our last night 60 + 5 (which got rained out unfortunately).

Thanks for the good tips - I want to get slinky for our trip this summer when my sister & her husband are meeting us at the parks. That will be 60 + 2 or 60 + 3 (she's only going to be there 2 days). All of us would be a party of 6, so maybe i'll break it up into 2 groups. Thanks again for the good advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter