Fast passes - 4/14/19 - excessive wait in FP line today??

mainelyj

Mouseketeer
Is this typical? The line to get to the fast pass check in station is excessively long - over 15-20 minutes. I’ve been to MK under the old ticket system in the past. Yes the stand by wait is 120 minutes for some rides. But I’ve never seen fast pass waits greater than 5-10 minutes to enter a ride que. is this typical????

Is this typical? The line to get to the fast pass check in station is excessively long - over 15-20 minutes. I’ve been to MK under the old ticket system in the past. Yes the stand by wait is 120 minutes for some rides. But I’ve never seen fast pass waits greater than 5-10 minutes to enter a ride que. is this typical????

From the FP FAQ, Post #2:
- It is rare for any FP wait at any normally-operating attraction to exceed 15-20 minutes. This includes the most popular or lowest capacity attractions such as Avatar Flight of Passage or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I've had to wait 20 or so minutes in the FP line, so I'm not surprised. I recall one time for Little Mermaid the skies opened up and it seemed like people accelerated their FP timing to the earlier side of the hour window because there was a rush that created a longer wait.

How are the crowds?

I waited a good 25 minutes for Soarin' with a FP on a not busy day. Im guessing there was a very short mechanical but I cant verify that.

I've been in line for a few rides where the FP check in took 15 minutes or so (Space Mountain. most often, but also Splash, Haunted Mansion and 7DMT). It seemed like it usually happened when the ride had been down recently, and they were allowing people with FP times that were during the close to check in once the ride reopened. The wait inside didn't seem much longer than normal, because when that happens, they usually work on clearing the FP line while making those on standby wait a little longer.

Haunted Mansion and Splash. But the skies just opened up. Cleared the crowds temporarily.

Sometimes there's hold up at the first scanner for FP due to misunderstanding or technical problems with someone's account. I usually see this happen at 7 Dwarves. Keep in mind, that this is a busy week in general due to Easter & Spring Breaks. So, if the standby line is long, FP will be long too. I don't know if the number of FP issued is a hard limit or a percentage. Also, you could have just hit a popular time, or like you said, rain.

Overall been a great day so far. Despite the high crowds and wait times. I did early morning magic. So worth it, despite breakfast being horrible. (I had to say that). And, having strategic fast passes made it good. At BOG having lunch right. Pre planning and disboards make things easier.

Oh no...what was wrong with the breakfast? :worried:

It's not unheard of
You can get some guests out there that really want to argue one point or another and that will cause a back up faster than fast

Overall been a great day so far. Despite the high crowds and wait times. I did early morning magic. So worth it, despite breakfast being horrible. (I had to say that). And, having strategic fast passes made it good. At BOG having lunch right. Pre planning and disboards make things easier.

That's a shame about the breakfast. The two times we did it, breakfast was still at Pinocchio's. It wasn't amazing, but they had a really good breakfast frittata, fresh fruit, and cheeses that I liked.

I just came from MK. Even though it’s packed, I don’t think we waited more than 5-10 minutes at the most, and that was for Space and Buzz.

I just came from MK. Even though it’s packed, I don’t think we waited more than 5-10 minutes at the most, and that was for Space and Buzz.

Was the line outside at all? Just curious. We went on buzz once when there was an outdoor FP line three rows deep. It snaked about 30- 40 ft along the side of buzz toward monsters inc. I didn't time how long it took us .

Buzz and Big Thunder are the 2 that we seem to consistently hit with a long line just to scan our band at the entrance. Though I get frustrated waiting, I think the most has been 10 minutes in the outside queue before the scan (and then, of course, the wait once you scan).

Was the line outside at all? Just curious. We went on buzz once when there was an outdoor FP line three rows deep. It snaked about 30- 40 ft along the side of buzz toward monsters inc. I didn't time how long it took us .
It was outside but not quite that long.

We were just there over our spring break (March 19 - March 24) and there were a few FP+ lines that were excessively long. IaSW and PP, in particular. The FP+ lines were outside the buildings. I feel like FP+ for Soarin' is always a 20 - 30 minute wait. Ironically, other than Soarin', the "e-ticket" ride FP+ lines moved quite quickly. I'm not sure what was going on with IaSW and PP the day we went.

We had a few long FP waits when we were there in January. We waited around 40 minutes for Buzz, BTMRR, and TOT. The line for Buzz stretched back through the few ropes for FP, all the way back to just about the bridge heading out of Tomorrowland. BTMRR had a line back to about midway through the stroller parking area. TOT was in the evening (around 7), and there wasn't much of a line (we were outside but maybe only 20ish people in front of us to get inside the building. For some reason that line just didn't move AT ALL for a good 20 minutes. Then it was very slow afterwards. They were only using one side of the loading elevators, then once we got closer to load they opened the other. We thought that was odd. Why didn't they just leave it open? Not like more people were coming in to work, it was just about park closing time at that point. What were those people doing before, or was there an issue?

We also had a long wait for Spaceship Earth (about a half hour), but it had just been shutdown so I could see that. 7D was backed up quite far outside the queue, but it moved very fast. We waited maybe 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter