Fast Passes gone officially from POTC

as a WDW vet i dont really know anything about this; im used to POTC having a FP. Whats the reasoning for not? is it actually more efficient there?

as a WDW vet i dont really know anything about this; im used to POTC having a FP. Whats the reasoning for not? is it actually more efficient there?

The way the interior and line are set up it just doesn't work. They don't have the room for it.The line there moves really well in general and fast pass would back the reguar line up way into New Orleans Square all the time. I love fast passes and they are a great addition to most rides but a fast pass for Pirates makes the attraction and line much worse.

I'd say it's a quick line. Even on busy days, it's never really bad. About two months ago, I wanted to ride it for a second time in the afternoon (I usually only ride once within about 90 minutes of the park's open). I got in what the app indicated was a 45-minute line. It was actually closer to 25. Maybe the great minds at Disney simply determined that FPs weren't strictly necessary for this fast-moving queue. Again, I'm not especially bothered. Now: if they got rid of FPs for Buzz, I'd demand a substantial refund of my AP ;-).

I believe it boils down to you need more line space for FPs. Disneyland simply doesn’t have the space at POTC and when the POTC line gets out of hand it spills into New Orleans Square and makes a mess out of the area already.

You know FPs for Pirates at WDW is relatively new, right? And ruined it totally? IMO. Once they threw FP+s everywhere it just got so UGH to be at WDW.

Well, it has been more than five years. As for "ruined it totally,"...um, it didn't change the ride at all. And the FP for it is extremely easy to get, any time of day.

You know FPs for Pirates at WDW is relatively new, right? And ruined it totally? IMO. Once they threw FP+s everywhere it just got so UGH to be at WDW.
Relative to like, when WDW opened, yes i guess? but its been a number of years. I've been going to disney world since i was 2 (im 31). I think fastpass works just fine with POC, and im a planner, so i actually like FP+. *shrug*

FP's are rarely needed for POTC. Been a long time since I waited more than 15 minutes. On very busy days, summer mid afternoon etc. I'd see 30-45 minutes tops. From my experience most days really don't need FP's. Its a high capacity ride and the line moves quickly.

I’ve never had a FP for POTC! And I guess I won’t ever! Lol! I have often wished for one while walking past the crazy line...during the holidays it would be great! But having never seen it I guess I can’t assess the line issues. Too funny! I’ve missed it twice now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter