Fast Passes & Park Hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
We're going the first week in December. Definitely doing morning Early Entry (whatever acronym it's now called), back to the hotel early afternoon, and then hop to another park in the afternoon/evening.

1) On one day, can you split fast passes between 2 parks (AM & PM)?
2) Assuming the answer to #1 is "no", should we use fast passes at the morning park or the evening park?

2 options. You can't make multiples for 2 parks at one time. So, make 1 at one park and once you scan in you can make 2 for another park. Or use two burners. It comes down to what you are comfortable with. We never make fps until day of and refresh so we find it pretty easy if we want to hop.

To ?# 2, here's what I do. I make 3 FP for morning at park # 1 (usually using #1 as late as possible after crowds have built & using stand by lines at opening when lines are tiny, then I'm into #2 window so I go use that & start moving time up for #3). The moment I tap in for #3, I start searching for #4 in that same park. Modify, modify, modify to move time up. As soon as I tap in #4, I search for #5 & repeat. As soon as I tap in for #5 (at park #1), I search for #6 at the park I'm going to hop to. #6 is usually a hard to get tier 1 FP with an evening time that others are trying to get rid of. I try to time #6 so I can ride as soon as I enter park. As soon as I tap in #6, I look for #7. 7-9 FP is the norm for me.

Happy Planning.

Definitely doing morning Early Entry (whatever acronym it's now called).

Sounds like you might be getting a little confused with the early entry offerings, so hopefully I can help clear it up.

There are now 2 different early entry options

1) Extra Magic Hour (EMH), this is the same program that has been going on for years. It is available to resort guests who stay at resorts that offer EMH as a benefit to staying there. It allows entry 1 hour before official opening time, available at certain (not all) rides, and is on WDW park calendar schedule.

2) Early Morning Magic (EMM), is a relatively new program (so a new acronym has appeared). I've not done one, but will try to explain the program as best I know. This is an extra pay event that occurs before official opening time. It allows entry into one section of a park. It is available to any guest, but ticket sales are limited to keep lines low. This program includes breakfast. These are indicated on the WDW park schedule.

Both programs allow early entry. Both cause me to check the calendar & either qualify & be present that early to enjoy or completely avoid that park that morning.

To ?# 2, here's what I do. I make 3 FP for morning at park # 1 (usually using #1 as late as possible after crowds have built & using stand by lines at opening when lines are tiny, then I'm into #2 window so I go use that & start moving time up for #3). The moment I tap in for #3, I start searching for #4 in that same park. Modify, modify, modify to move time up. As soon as I tap in #4, I search for #5 & repeat. As soon as I tap in for #5 (at park #1), I search for #6 at the park I'm going to hop to. #6 is usually a hard to get tier 1 FP with an evening time that others are trying to get rid of. I try to time #6 so I can ride as soon as I enter park. As soon as I tap in #6, I look for #7. 7-9 FP is the norm for me.

Happy Planning.
3 things:

I didn't know you could get so many fast passes in one day, so I guess I gotta do some homework. I'm accustomed to getting 3 (I think?) in one park in one day. On prior trips my family dubbed me the "rambo-mode" planner. This trip we're celebrating me being cancer-free, and I pledged to stop and smell the roses, sip the coffee, listen to the background music, take mid-day naps, etc. Sounds like I could make fast passes a bit of a full-time obsession!

Yeah, I'm aware of the pay-for-entry early entry option. I'm not interested in that, and it doesn't even seem like it's available during the 1st week in Dec.

Props for the Isaiah quote. Typically I found the Lord to be pretty far from these forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts