Fast Passes

b0m5jgr

Mouseketeer
Hi to everyone, my family is cruising on the Magic in Nov. Have 1 day at WDW, Here's my question, when you finish using your 3 fast passes that you get on the cruise. My TA says you go to the kiosk and get 1 FP for what ever is available at that time in the park your in. I've also was told you can get 3 instead of 1. I'm confused? Thanks.

You can book 3 in addition to the 3 "magical" ones you get. Once you use the 3 you booked then you can get one at a time. You can book them as soon as you get your ticket.

There are no fast passes on the cruise. At WDW once you use your 3 fast passes, you can book a 4th... then a 5th etc.

You can book 3 in addition to the 3 "magical" ones you get. Once you use the 3 you booked then you can get one at a time. You can book them as soon as you get your ticket.
ok, let me get this right, we each get 3 "magical passes each (party of 4) after we all use our 3 "magical passes" we can get 3 more each or when we get to say MK we can get 3 more for a total of 6 each. or am I reading that wrong. Thanks

Hi we have a group formed for the Nov 3rd cruise if that is yours your welcome to join us. :goodvibes
https://www.disboards.com/threads/november-3rd-2018-7-night-bahamian-cruise-from-new-york.3648059/

This will be our first NY cruise stopping for WDW. As I have read and understand it they preload 3 anytime Fastpasses to your ticket that they give you. I have read and suggested that you enter that ticket info into your My Disney Experience and then on the bus on the way to the parks you can book 3 more fastpasses. So you will have 6 fastpasses on your ticket. You can use your booked passes at their picked times but make sure you use them within your time frame not early or late cause it will use your anytime Fastpass instead if you do. After you use all your booked fast passes you can book 1 new one. Then another new one after each time you use one. You don’t need to have used all your anytime fastpasses to book a new regular Fastpass.

Our plan as example -
We plan to do Epcot first. We will try and book Spaceship Earth, Soarin, and Figment (DS is a fan) for our first fastpasses. We plan to save our anytime fastpasses for Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers at the Studios and maybe Peter Pan at MK or Navi River Journey at AK.

I hope you understood this and maybe someone else can come along and explain it better.

Last edited:
Yes the 3 they give you are preloaded and can be used anywhere even at different parks. They have no effect on the 3 you book. You can book 3 as soon as you get the ticket, as arielrae stated on the bus. Once you use those 3 then it's one at a time.

There are no fast passes on the cruise. At WDW once you use your 3 fast passes, you can book a 4th... then a 5th etc.
The Disney cruise that leaves out of NY has a port adventure (it’s included in your cruise price) that spends a day at WDW get a ticket and fast passes.

Last edited:

Note that to book the 3 fastpasses in advance, you need to do it via the My Disney Experience app on your phone. Ideally you would have your account set up in advance so all you need to do is add your ticket numbers when you get them and assign them to family members. Then you should be able to book the fastpasses.

If you do not have a smartphone to do this with, then once you use the 3 pre-loaded passes, you can go to a kiosk with your tickets and get an additional pass - and then after that one is used, you can go get another at a kiosk, etc.

Also - this may all change this year. When we sailed last November, we received an email in Sept/Oct from DCL stating that the KTTW card would be the ticket media and that we would not be able to pre-book any fastpasses - but that the kiosks would be available once the pre-loaded passes were used. I'm pretty sure they sent it before the first cruise - and I'm guessing it didn't work as well as they'd hoped as we did receive separate admission tickets. They may have the computers communicating better this year - so I'd plan to keep up with your cruise groups and keep an open mind. You may not be able to pre-book anything.

Hi we have a group formed for the Nov 3rd cruise if that is yours your welcome to join us. :goodvibes
https://www.disboards.com/threads/november-3rd-2018-7-night-bahamian-cruise-from-new-york.3648059/

This will be our first NY cruise stopping for WDW. As I have read and understand it they preload 3 anytime Fastpasses to your ticket that they give you. I have read and suggested that you enter that ticket info into your My Disney Experience and then on the bus on the way to the parks you can book 3 more fastpasses. So you will have 6 fastpasses on your ticket. You can use your booked passes at their picked times but make sure you use them within your time frame not early or late cause it will use your anytime Fastpass instead if you do. After you use all your booked fast passes you can book 1 new one. Then another new one after each time you use one. You don’t need to have used all your anytime fastpasses to book a new regular Fastpass.

Our plan as example -
We plan to do Epcot first. We will try and book Spaceship Earth, Soarin, and Figment (DS is a fan) for our first fastpasses. We plan to save our anytime fastpasses for Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers at the Studios and maybe Peter Pan at MK or Navi River Journey at AK.

I hope you understood this and maybe someone else can come along and explain it better.

This is exactly our experience from last November. As someone else stated, originally your KTTW card was supposed to also serve as your admission ticket and your fast pass. That did not occur for us, we received a hard ticket that we could add to our MDE. But, things may be different this year.

What is this about cruise FP? Do you get extra fast passes if you are taking a cruise? So far I haven't found any correlation between my land leg and my sea leg so I want to know if I'm missing out on any perks!

What is this about cruise FP? Do you get extra fast passes if you are taking a cruise? So far I haven't found any correlation between my land leg and my sea leg so I want to know if I'm missing out on any perks!

Only if your cruise actually stops at Port Canaveral as a port (not the beginning of the cruise), like ones from NYC. WDW is offered as a shore excursion for cruises that stop there for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter