Fastest way from MK to MGM ToT?

Sinclare

DIS Veteran
My son wants to ride ToT and we have hopper passes (unlike the rest of our group) so I thought I would sneak away with him and go do it then come back. I haven't been since I was about his age so I'm not completely familar with how the transportation system works (what stops where).

What's the quickest way to get from MK to MGM and back. Does the monorail go to MGM? Surely we won't have to walk or drive all that way because that would spoil our plans to do it.

Sorry, there is no Monorail from MK to MGM...You would have to take a bus to get to MGM or drive yourself! :)

Have a wonderful time! :)

You'll have to get to the TTC to catch a bus to MGM. Either the monorail or ferry will take you to the TTC from MK. You could also take the resort monorail to the Poly, Contemp. or GF resorts and then bus directly to MGM from that resort.

You don't need to goto the TTC to get on the bus. They have busses from each of the parks. Just goto the bus info booth and they will tell you what bus stop to goto.

For expert advice on this type of question, post to the Transportation Board!

Depending on when you're going, to "sneak away" to do this might not work out. You're likely to run across a long line and or delayed FP entry to ToT. If he really wants to do this, I go to MGM first thing in the morning, without the group, then catch up with everyone at MK a little later in the morning. That way, if driving, maybe they could drop you at MGM, then you could catch a bus to any MK resort and then ride the monorail to MK.

What if you and your DS went to the Studios at park opening and did TOT (hopefully a very short line) and then hopped the bus to MK and met the rest of your group? (Cell phones or 2-way radio would come in handy for meeting up at MK).

This way you would be away from the group for the shortest possible time.

Or maybe the opposite - go over to the Studios last, after your group has spent the majority of the day at MK. Again hoping the line would be shortest during the parade or Fantasmic.

-LA

There are no buses to other parks at the MK. They only go to resorts. To go to a park you would have to take the monorail to the TTC and catch a bus there.

Alternatively, the fastest way is to take the motor launch from the MK to the Grand Floridian (it's a fast little boat) and catch a bus there to MGM. When returning, catch a bus from MGM to the Contemporary and walk back to MK. I suggest the Grand Floridian because it is the last stop on the bus route, while Contemporary is the first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter