Fastpass at DLP

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
Are Fastpasses between the 2 parks disconnected like they used to be in Anaheim? For example, could you get a Hyperspace Mountain and then immediately run over and get a Tower of Terror Fastpass?

I thought they are connected but I am not sure. But if they aren't, is it something you would really want to do? It is not impossible but I wonder if it's worth the running around.

My guess is that during the day, for these rides it is sort of similar how quickly they run out of FP, Tower of Terror probably a little quicker. However to make sure they both have FP, do this in the morning.

When the FP machines open at 10.30, you get your FP for Space mountain, which has a return time between 11.00-11.30, with a quick pace I think it takes at least 10-15 minutes to get to Tower of Terror. At 10.45 your return time for ToT might be somewhere around 11.30-12.00. When you are back at Space Mountain it is 11.00 and your window opens. You might still encounter some line and you are done at 11.15, back to the Studio's another 15 minutes... At Tower of Terror at 11.30 and done with the ride 11.45.

If they are disconnected, I guess it is doable, but how enjoyable is it for the FP runner to spend his/her morning like this?

Ya, when we recently went, it wasn't worth it to run back and forth like that, to get two of them. While the parks are close to each other, you're still looking at a good 20+ minutes to say get from something like Big thunder mountain all the way back to somewhere at Studios.

BTM FP are the first to run out, so someone starting the day at the Disneyland park might take a BTM FP for the evening in late morning, early enough to park hop to the other park and still find some availability. Continue the day at the Studios and switch back to the main park for the evening FP at BTM and then Illuminations.
It's not something I would plan my day on, but if it happens, it's good knowledge that can help improve the day flow. I would not go back and forth between the two parks just to maximize FPs

BTM FP are the first to run out, so someone starting the day at the Disneyland park might take a BTM FP for the evening in late morning, early enough to park hop to the other park and still find some availability. Continue the day at the Studios and switch back to the main park for the evening FP at BTM and then Illuminations.
It's not something I would plan my day on, but if it happens, it's good knowledge that can help improve the day flow. I would not go back and forth between the two parks just to maximize FPs

Unfortunately you don't have that much control to work it out this way. We went early August this year during a fairly busy period.

We were onsite (so had early entry) and did Studios first so we could get on Crush's. We got into DLP at around 10:30 am and went straight to BTM as we knew fastpasses will run out. We got a return time of 1:30 pm. Essentially you take what they have.

At DLR in Anaheim, back when the two parks were disconnected, this was a very common touring plan as Disneyland and California Adventure are just steps away from each other- similar to the 2 parks at DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter