Fastpass booking: 60 vs 30 days

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
In light of the changes, I am left wondering, how crucial is 60 day booking vs 30 for the following rides? Also, refresh my memory, if you have a DAS, is the wait time based on the current standby wait time?

- Splash
- 7D
- Peter Pan
- all 3 Toy Story attractions
- FoP
- Na'Vi
- Kali
- Soarin
- Frozen Ever After

I never know with Disney.

It really depends on how often you check the site. Disney opened a bunch of extra FOP FP before our trip last summer so I was able to switch my time around, and others who did not previously have FP were able to book them. I saw posts about extra FP becoming available all summer, but have not noticed them since.

We were able to refresh and get second, same-day FOP FP. We also booked other hard to get FP same-day using the refresh strategy at all parks we visited. I would not rely on it but it worked in the past. Some people report having little success, or having to be on their phone all the time. We did not experience that--it only took a few minutes. We went in late August so crowds were not bad. We also used it successfly on past trips.

We got in line for FOP right before park closing and got on the ride very quickly for a third ride, but it depends on what time the park closes and whether there are evening EMH.

Some people rope drop with success. If everyone is heading for FOP, you could go for Everest or the safari.

We had 30-day FP booking for our trip last June. When I booked at 30 days, I couldn't get Peter Pan, 7DMT or FoP. There were several times available for Na'vi and it was before Toy Story Land opened. I continued to look a couple times a day and was able to get Peter Pan within a few days but the time wasn't great. With 3 weeks to go, I had everything except FoP and 7DMT. Then my FIL had a horrible accident 8 days before we were supposed to leave. He had major brain trauma and various broken bones and we pushed our trip back a couple weeks 4 days before we were originally to leave. By the time I got around to making new FP, we were at 12 days out. I was able to re-book everything I had originally had except for Peter Pan, although the times were different. By then, I didn't care and it didn't matter. I continued to check as I had time and was shocked to see 7DMT one day, so I snagged them and checked for FoP and got those as well. They were both for less than ideal times, but we had them. Apparently they had released a bunch of FP or something because I was able to get both of those rides for 2 different days each. I never was able to get FP for Peter Pan.

We had 30-day FP booking for our trip last June. When I booked at 30 days, I couldn't get Peter Pan, 7DMT or FoP. There were several times available for Na'vi and it was before Toy Story Land opened. I continued to look a couple times a day and was able to get Peter Pan within a few days but the time wasn't great. With 3 weeks to go, I had everything except FoP and 7DMT. Then my FIL had a horrible accident 8 days before we were supposed to leave. He had major brain trauma and various broken bones and we pushed our trip back a couple weeks 4 days before we were originally to leave. By the time I got around to making new FP, we were at 12 days out. I was able to re-book everything I had originally had except for Peter Pan, although the times were different. By then, I didn't care and it didn't matter. I continued to check as I had time and was shocked to see 7DMT one day, so I snagged them and checked for FoP and got those as well. They were both for less than ideal times, but we had them. Apparently they had released a bunch of FP or something because I was able to get both of those rides for 2 different days each. I never was able to get FP for Peter Pan.

So basically I *might* get the rides we want, but only if I am willing to go online to search Fast Passes multiple times a day, every day..... Oie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter