Fastpass Drops?

If you cancel the fastpass that "started the cooldown timer" for you, you can immediately pick a new one. So in your example, cancelling the HM fast pass would do nothing for you because your cooldown for that already elapsed fully. But if you canceled the RSR fastpass, you could select a new one immediately.

You may already know this, but also keep in mind that once a pass becomes active, you are eligible to select another pass as long as 30 minutes has passed since you selected it. And even if 30 minutes hasn't passed, once you scan into the attraction you can then select a new pass.

Thank you so much for explaining all that! I did know the other part but appreciate the info as well just in case -I only figured out that aspect myself through a lot of total and error at the parks... it took me forever to finally realize that I couldn't hold more than one MP for the same ride, that was frustrating, heh.

Can the fast passes be modified to a better time? Or do they have to be cancelled and rebooked? At WDW, when selecting day of fp it is easy to modify to a better time. Is that part of the fp use at DL?

Oh my gosh I feel dumb now... I always hesitated on grabbing one that popped up way later out because then I have to wait 90 minutes to book another one, but if I'm understanding correctly here when you cancel you are able to immediately book another? Does it work the same if you cancel one you made previously? Like say first thing at 8am I got a maxpass for HM at 6pm and around 2pm I get a MP for RSR at 5pm so ordinarily I wouldn't be able to get another MP until 3:30 and then I immediately cancel my HM pass that I got hours earlier would I now be able to book another MP for another ride? Hope that makes sense!
In this case no, because it is the RSR FP that is blocking you from getting another FP. As far as I am aware, the next FP can be booked at the earlier of the following: 1.5 hours (MP)/2 Hours (Paper FP) after booking your FP or some point in the return window of your FP. Also, if your return time has come and you scanned to get a FP, then your next FP can be booked immediately after the first scan.

Just for everyone's sake, let me make this clearer:
Current Time
Attraction
FP Return Time
Next Time FP can be booked
8 AMHaunted Mansion6 PM - 7 PM 9:30 AM (with MP) or 10:00 AM (Paper FP)
9:30 AMSplash Mountain9:45 AM - 10:45 AM10:00 AM or after your first scan at Splash Mountain
2 PMRadiator Springs Racers6 PM - 7 PM3:30 PM (with MP) or 4:00 PM (Paper FP)

If after you get the FP for Radiator Springs Racers, you cancelled Haunted Mansion, all you have done is returned that to "inventory" as it were, but at that point, it doesn't benefit you in any shape or form, aside from putting good karma out there by letting someone else grab it that might not have been able to.

Also, please note that 2 hours is based on the last time I used paper FPs and had this time issue, which has been a long time, so that might not apply to paper FPs anymore, I honestly am not sure.

Can the fast passes be modified to a better time? Or do they have to be cancelled and rebooked? At WDW, when selecting day of fp it is easy to modify to a better time. Is that part of the fp use at DL?
You cancel and rebook if you see a better time, you don't get to pick your times with Disneyland's FP system, it is just like the old paper FP system where you get an hour return window that is assigned based on when you get the FP. So much simpler and easier to deal with than the mess at WDW.

You cancel and rebook if you see a better time, you don't get to pick your times with Disneyland's FP system, it is just like the old paper FP system where you get an hour return window that is assigned based on when you get the FP. So much simpler and easier to deal with than the mess at WDW.

I may have to disagree with the last sentence.

At WDW, I can simply modify a FP to an earlier time if one becomes available, and I don’t run the risk of losing the original reservation until I book the new one.

At DL, I would have to cancel the original reservation before booking the new one, and run the risk of having someone book the new time before me. Then I don’t have a FP at all.

I may have to disagree with the last sentence.

At WDW, I can simply modify a FP to an earlier time if one becomes available, and I don’t run the risk of losing the original reservation until I book the new one.

At DL, I would have to cancel the original reservation before booking the new one, and run the risk of having someone book the new time before me. Then I don’t have a FP at all.
Except, at DL, the app won't tell you about an earlier time for the same attraction and you won't be able to check other times until you are eligible to book for another attraction, so it really doesn't matter.

Except, at DL, the app won't tell you about an earlier time for the same attraction and you won't be able to check other times until you are eligible to book for another attraction, so it really doesn't matter.
That’s not true anymore (it used to be).

The ability to “modify” an existing FP would be a welcome addition to Maxpass - although that’s one of the only things I’d change about it.

That’s not making it sound any better.

That’s not making it sound any better.
Completely agree, but I also think it has a lot to do with what you're used to. I find WDWs FP system faaaaaaar easier, simpler, and better, but I use it pretty frequently. I've come over to this side since I'm planning a DL trip later this year and its reminding me how much I hate DLs FP system.

FWIW... during our 2 visits to WDW in 2019 we were able to catch FoP as 4th FP within minutes after 1pm. The first trip in March we booked for 3ppl with around 2:30pm return time, the second time in Dec was similar but we had 4ppl. The noted 'drop' time at 1:01pm coincided with our easy catches.

Is there a thread somewhere on these mysterious fastpass drops? I mostly get results pertaining to rope drop.

Is there a thread somewhere on these mysterious fastpass drops? I mostly get results pertaining to rope drop.
What info are you looking for?

Since the new FP rides were added on Feb. 11, I’ve been tracking FP availability very closely. I’m more positive than ever that the FP availability is just what is initially released plus cancellations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter