Fastpass Expansion and Throwaway Rooms, a thought

So ... just for hee-haws, I went and looked at FP+s. I do not have a reservation for a resort stay, but I was able to make FP+s at Animal Kingdom for 60 days from today. The only thing I have is a Platinum Plus AP.

I am probably going to get the Platinum Plus AP, since it has enough value for me(me likes water parks and golf).

Funny thing, I have a family member with a birthday on January 29.

I am probably going to get the Platinum Plus AP, since it has enough value for me(me likes water parks and golf).

Funny thing, I have a family member with a birthday on January 29.

Would they like this FoP FP+ as a birthday gift before I release it back to GenPop? :rotfl2:

+++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway. I've had a Platinum Plus AP for three years, and this is the first I've noticed a change ... actually, I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago and it was that friends couldn't make FP+s at 60 days out without me, but if I was part of the party they were making FP+s for, they could. It's strange.

Would they like this FoP FP+ as a birthday gift before I release it back to GenPop? :rotfl2:

+++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway. I've had a Platinum Plus AP for three years, and this is the first I've noticed a change ... actually, I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago and it was that friends couldn't make FP+s at 60 days out without me, but if I was part of the party they were making FP+s for, they could. It's strange.
Looked into this a bit more. Its called a rolling 60-day window. It will go back to 30 days when we check out of our rooms for Marathon weekend.

+++++++++++++++++++++

They will not be traveling with me, just found it amusing. It is good to know. I am waiting on some money to come in before the upgrade, but I will be getting my upgrade soon enough. Planning three trips in my first year as a passholder, so no brainer.

Looked into this a bit more. Its called a rolling 60-day window. It will go back to 30 days when we check out of our rooms for Marathon weekend.

Interesting ...

So. I wonder if you even need to bother with a throwaway room. I know if you put a reservation on hold and add it to your MDE, once you do online check-in it stays there until you cancel it (without a deposit) or you get to the resort and pay the balance at check-in.

Interesting ...

So. I wonder if you even need to bother with a throwaway room. I know if you put a reservation on hold and add it to your MDE, once you do online check-in it stays there until you cancel it (without a deposit) or you get to the resort and pay the balance at check-in.
Yeah I could book FPs and stay offsite and keep the FPs so not real need for the throwaway room.

Yeah I could book FPs and stay offsite and keep the FPs so not real need for the throwaway room.

Sounds like a good way to limit throwaway rooms. I know a four day ticket is $370, and that is my normal length of a vacation(though I will be doing 7 days in April and 4 Days plus a 3-4 Day cruise in September/October), so I essentially am coming out ahead by getting the AP. My debate was really whether or not to stay on site but now I am not sure I will even need to.

I have a house in Orlando, so I don't need a hotel room when I visit ... though I generally splurge for a night or two each trip (I'm in Orlando for weeks at a time), just to have the fun experience of staying onsite.

I close on DVC next week (unfortunate timing given my current feelings towards Disney, but whatevs ...), so knowing that I can basically book FP+s for whenever I am staying with rolling 60-days is huge.

So ... just for hee-haws, I went and looked at FP+s. I do not have a reservation for a resort stay, but I was able to make FP+s at Animal Kingdom for 60 days from today. The only thing I have is a Platinum Plus AP.

I have a platinum plus, and cannot see past the 31st of December...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter