FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not how it has worked in the past. As long as you check into Resort 2 on the day you check out of Resort 1, you should be able to make FPs for your entire stay on the day you check into Resort 1 (is that what you are saying, the example suggests otherwise)? Note, that I know this applies to Disney-owned resorts (values, mods, deluxes and deluxe villas).

The Disney Springs, Swolphin, Good Neighbor hotels, etc., get some similar benefits that the Disney-owned resorts get - such as the 60-day FP window and EMH - but some benefits - such as as the entire stay FP benefit for Passholders - do not apply to non-Disney owned resorts. I am thinking that is what caused your second FP window to not open when the first opened.

When it hasn't allowed you to make Resort 2 FPs until your Resort 2 check-in date, were any of your 2 stays at non-Disney owned resorts, such as the ones in Disney Springs/Swolphin/Good Neighbor? Or were *both* stays at Disney-owned resorts (values, mods, deluxes and deluxe villas)?

Check out the FAQ on this (one of the first posts - always good to read):
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337492
I 100% agree this is not how it worked in the past. But apparently this is how it is working going forward. I have always stayed at hilton resort with 60 day FP benefits for 5 nights then moved to old key west for 10 more nights. In the past I have been able to book fast passes for the entire trip 60 days prior to my 1st check in date. This year it would only let me book fast passes through my check out date of my hilton resort stay. I called disney and had to escalate to 3 different people before I got a clear explanation that they no longer allow you to book fast passes for dates at a 2nd resort if it is not the same resort as your first reservation. He cited it was because people were making reservations at the campground ahead of their actual stay, booking fast passes, then cancelling the reservation. He said it didnt matter which resorts they were, if they were 2 different reservations at 2 different resorts, you could only book FP during resort 2 stay 60 days prior to check-in at resort 2 (you would be able to book FP for check out date of first resort which would be same as check in date as second resort, but that was last day you could until 60 days prior to resort 2 check in).

This was all very frustrating for me as I have always used hilton points to stay longer on property, but this ultimately split up my FP booking windows.

I 100% agree this is not how it worked in the past. But apparently this is how it is working going forward. I have always stayed at hilton resort with 60 day FP benefits for 5 nights then moved to old key west for 10 more nights. In the past I have been able to book fast passes for the entire trip 60 days prior to my 1st check in date. This year it would only let me book fast passes through my check out date of my hilton resort stay. I called disney and had to escalate to 3 different people before I got a clear explanation that they no longer allow you to book fast passes for dates at a 2nd resort if it is not the same resort as your first reservation. He cited it was because people were making reservations at the campground ahead of their actual stay, booking fast passes, then cancelling the reservation. He said it didnt matter which resorts they were, if they were 2 different reservations at 2 different resorts, you could only book FP during resort 2 stay 60 days prior to check-in at resort 2 (you would be able to book FP for check out date of first resort which would be same as check in date as second resort, but that was last day you could until 60 days prior to resort 2 check in).

This was all very frustrating for me as I have always used hilton points to stay longer on property, but this ultimately split up my FP booking windows.
I think the problem is the non-Disney owned resort and I would love to hear recent confirmations from others. I'm fairly sure you can still do FPs for split stays or multi stays when the resorts are all Disney-owned resorts. While the non-Disney owned resorts get the 60-day FP benefit, not all the benefits of the onsite resorts have been applying to the Disney Springs/Good Neighbor hotels, for example, the 7 days of FP limits still apply when you stay at Disney Springs/Good Neighbor hotels.

I think the problem is the non-Disney owned resort and I would love to hear recent confirmations from others. I'm fairly sure you can still do FPs for split stays or multi stays when the resorts are all Disney-owned resorts. While the non-Disney owned resorts get the 60-day FP benefit, not all the benefits of the onsite resorts have been applying to the Disney Springs/Good Neighbor hotels, for example, the 7 days of FP limits still apply when you stay at Disney Springs/Good Neighbor hotels.
I am curious, I checked another forum where this is discussed specifically where someone at 2 disney owned resorts was having same issue as me, but then some chimed in saying they didnt have the issue, those without an issue sounded like their stays were in the very recent past, so maybe it was a very very recent change?

I have stayed at this hilton for years and never had this issue when staying at the Official Walt Disney Hilton Hotel. I switched my family's stay to be 3 consecutive stays at hilton instead (I have a million+ hilton points, and if I book 5 nights, I get 1 night free) and will save the DVC Points for another trip, and was able to do FP for the entire stay 60 days prior + 14 days from first date of checkin, I booked FP for both my family and the other 9 in our group still staying at OKW (only my family of 7 comes down early to stay at hilton before we all join up at OKW usually). I had to talk to a supervisor's supervisor's supervisor to get a clear explanation and his example was 2 disney owned properties as to why they changed it. He was the only one out of the 4 people i talked to over 1-2 hours that had any clue why i couldnt do FP for my entire trip with DisneyHilton+OKW, everyone else was guessing, and guessing badly (one saying since i had a 10 day ticket and it wasnt attached to my second stay (made no sense); one gave me a reason in direct contradiction of their own website which i tried reading to them and they had no answer for).

If some are still able to do for entire length of stay with 2 different resorts, it sounds like Disney maynot be applying this policy fairly to everyone.

I have a resort stay at AOA starting 6/13 and then the day I check out 6/27 I check into POP for three days. And I was only able to do FP for the AOA stay. I assume I will need to wait until 6/27 to do FP for the POP stay.

I have a resort stay at AOA starting 6/13 and then the day I check out 6/27 I check into POP for three days. And I was only able to do FP for the AOA stay. I assume I will need to wait until 6/27 to do FP for the POP stay.
If you are allowed to do split stays, as of today the furthest you should be able to book is June 28, if you cant book anything for 6/28, then sounds like they may be applying this potential new policy to you.

I am looking to see if this information is correct. A friend of ours was staying on property with her family. They had 2 separate on property reservations but one room was 2 days later. They are claiming that when the 60 window opened up for the first room because they were linked they were able to book their fast passes for their trip (room 2) even tho their arrival window wasn't for 62 days from then. Not sure if that makes sense/ would work/ or they were wrong. Thanks.

I am looking to see if this information is correct. A friend of ours was staying on property with her family. They had 2 separate on property reservations but one room was 2 days later. They are claiming that when the 60 window opened up for the first room because they were linked they were able to book their fast passes for their trip (room 2) even tho their arrival window wasn't for 62 days from then. Not sure if that makes sense/ would work/ or they were wrong. Thanks.
I am assuming you are saying the group is split between the 2 rooms I take it. So long as someone from the first reservation is on the fast pass, then anyone from the entire group can be included in the fast pass if they are linked together.

Room 1 - Persons A, B, C, D
Room 2 - Persons E, F, G (this reservation starts 2 days after Room 1)

If the group is all linked on MDE, fast passes can be booked for anyone in the group at 60 days prior to room 1 check-in so long as person A, B, C or D is on the fast pass reservation too. You just wouldn't be able to book fast passes only for E, F and/or G (they would have to be grouped with either A, B, C or D for it to work).

I am assuming you are saying the group is split between the 2 rooms I take it. So long as someone from the first reservation is on the fast pass, then anyone from the entire group can be included in the fast pass if they are linked together.

If the group is all linked on MDE, fast passes can be booked for anyone in the group at 60 days prior to room 1 check-in so long as person A, B, C or D is on the fast pass reservation too. You just wouldn't be able to book fast passes only for E, F and/or G (they would have to be grouped with either A, B, C or D for it to work).

Ok so the "catch" is just have to be all on the same fast passes .. can't use it to make different plans. Even though checking in 2 days later still gives a little head start on the 60 day window. Thanks for the reply

Safe to assume that if you aren't staying on property even if you are linked you couldn't be on someone else fast passes at 60 days?

I had initially booked a one night stay at a Disney Springs resort that qualifies for the 60 day FP, followed by a week stay at the Polynesian for a stay in July. Due to flight changes, I no longer need the one night stay at Disney Springs. It’s been several days, and the Disney Springs reservation still shows up in MDE. Does anyone have experience with this? Will that eventually delete itself? I’m not sure I want to take advantage of the extra day, have the reservation eventually be deleted after I’m within 60 days, and then lose all my FP selections. Should I just wait to make them until within 60 days of my Polynesian check in? As you all know one day can make a world of difference, but I don’t want to lose my selections. Appreciate any feedback!

Do you need to have purchased park tickets, and have them linked to your account, in order to book fastpasses at the 60 day mark (assuming of course there is already a room reservation in place)? Or, if you have a room reservation in place, can you book fastpasses at the 60 day mark and then purchase park tickets at a later date?

Thank you for your help.

Do you need to have purchased park tickets, and have them linked to your account, in order to book fastpasses at the 60 day mark (assuming of course there is already a room reservation in place)? Or, if you have a room reservation in place, can you book fastpasses at the 60 day mark and then purchase park tickets at a later date?

Thank you for your help.
You must have tickets linked to MDE that cover each day you want FPs. To book at 60 days out you must also have the resort reservation.

I just want to clarify before I do this. We have decided to add 1 day prior to our current reservation in order to do MNSSHP. We are booked in 2 separate resorts. Rather than try to change both reservations, we are considering just getting a suite for the 1 night prior to our other stay, then the next morning check into our respective resorts. Will we be able to get fastpasses for our entire stay or should I just try to extend our current reservations? I believe (the way I read it) our entire 8 day fp selection period will open with the first reservation but I just want to be sure.

I just want to clarify before I do this. We have decided to add 1 day prior to our current reservation in order to do MNSSHP. We are booked in 2 separate resorts. Rather than try to change both reservations, we are considering just getting a suite for the 1 night prior to our other stay, then the next morning check into our respective resorts. Will we be able to get fastpasses for our entire stay or should I just try to extend our current reservations? I believe (the way I read it) our entire 8 day fp selection period will open with the first reservation but I just want to be sure.

As long as both stays are on-site resorts, your 60-day window from stay #1 ‘should’ open up FP booking for your entire trip. Occasionally you see reports of it not working for some folks, either glitches or some unusual circumstances likely at play, but that’s the way it’s supposed to work.

I am planning a stay at a Hilton with 60 day FP privileges for 3 nights buying PH for 5 or 6 days. Should I be able to make FP for the entire ticket length even though my stay at the Hilton will be over?

I was hoping to get a room only reservation on site for the next 3 nights, possibly adding DDP. Will that interfere with my 6 days of FP? I’m thinking if I link tickets to room only it might mess up getting my 60+4,5,6

ETA - found this on the web. Still concerned that having offsite then onsite reservations (or vice versa) linked in the same MDE might interfere with booking FP in one shot

“ AND, the reverse is true.

If you book a 3-night package but you have 8-Day tickets, you'll have 12 days to use up all of your ticket entitlements (per the list above) not just 3 days (which is the length of your stay).”

Last edited:
I wanted to start a new post on this, but thought maybe it had been discussed and I should ask here first.

Why, when I've been checking FP availability throughout all of this as an AP holder, am I seeing way less FP availability than normal. It's not that nothing is available. It's that none of the remotely popular rides are but some of the C and D list atttractions are. This is very different than the usual 30 day outlook. I was interested in seeing how much EASIER it was to get a FP. Not the other way around. Is Disney intentionally keeping it open but severely limiting the number of FP issued?

It would really suck if Disney reopened and reduced FP capacity but gave 100% of that capacity to people with resort stays. I think this is what they will do. Hope locals will come back just to come back, but the only way to ever ride anything again will be to book a hotel.

Just curious if people are having the same problem proportionally at 60 days vs 30.

I wanted to start a new post on this, but thought maybe it had been discussed and I should ask here first.

Why, when I've been checking FP availability throughout all of this as an AP holder, am I seeing way less FP availability than normal. It's not that nothing is available. It's that none of the remotely popular rides are but some of the C and D list atttractions are. This is very different than the usual 30 day outlook. I was interested in seeing how much EASIER it was to get a FP. Not the other way around. Is Disney intentionally keeping it open but severely limiting the number of FP issued?

It would really suck if Disney reopened and reduced FP capacity but gave 100% of that capacity to people with resort stays. I think this is what they will do. Hope locals will come back just to come back, but the only way to ever ride anything again will be to book a hotel.

Just curious if people are having the same problem proportionally at 60 days vs 30.
It does appear that they've been reducing/holding back FP's.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/lack-of-fp-options.3798831/

It does appear that they've been reducing/holding back FP's.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/lack-of-fp-options.3798831/
My FP day is tomorrow, so I can report back if you'd like. It does seem that the people on that thread booking for closer to 4th of July seem to be getting things a little more easily. I feel like making FP for this trip is a little like getting my hopes up for no reason, but I'd rather have them and not need them vs. the other way around...

My FP day is tomorrow, so I can report back if you'd like. It does seem that the people on that thread booking for closer to 4th of July seem to be getting things a little more easily. I feel like making FP for this trip is a little like getting my hopes up for no reason, but I'd rather have them and not need them vs. the other way around...
So I can confirm that my FP selection this morning sucked. I got FOP on 60+6, and could only get 7DMT on 60+8. No BTMRR, but that may be a refurb? No MMRR, MFSR, SDD, limited TSMM, AS2, RNR. Even had a tough time with Peter Pan! I've never had this much difficulty getting FP for a trip. A trip that may not even happen...

ETA: I was able to go back in this afternoon and modify my 60+6 to get an evening MFSR FP and my 60+3 to get an end of the night 7DMT. I could also have gotten 60+7 of MMRR or SDD in the evening as well, but we have other plans that were just to difficult to move around.

Last edited:

Just to confirm...
My family is checking into POFQ on July 3. My sister’s family is checking into POFQ on July 4. We are all linked in MDX. Will I be able to make fastpass reservations for both families 60 days before my July 3 check in date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!