FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I meant stepdaughter! One last clarification for the original 3 FPs. For our first FP of the day, can two of us get a FP for one thing while two get a FP for another or would it take two FPs for us to do two different things? Just for the original three.

You can assign the 3 FPs to the individuals in your party any way you like.

The original posts in this thread mention two different scan points for FP lines - at the entry and again when the two lines merge. Would I just have to scan at the first point of entry and then skip out if I choose not to ride with the rest of the group so my FP will show as used?

Scanning at the first point is all that matters for your purposes.

Yes, I meant stepdaughter! One last clarification for the original 3 FPs. For our first FP of the day, can two of us get a FP for one thing while two get a FP for another or would it take two FPs for us to do two different things? Just for the original three.
Because it's 3 Initial FPs per person, they can be booked in any arrangement as long as each person has no more than a total of 3 FPs.

I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this, but I didn't see it specifically addressed.

I am attending MNSSHP, but I also have a hopper ticket day that I will use that day to rope drop a different park in the morning before we take a rest. I have scheduled my FastPasses for Magic Kingdom right before the party (3:20-4:20, 4:25-5:25, 5:25-6:25).

Since the ticket that was used to make the FastPasses must be used to enter the park, do I need to make sure that I enter Magic Kingdom on my hopper ticket (and later check-in for the party) or is it ok to just enter at one of the party entrances? If I need to make sure that my hopper ticket is used for entry, how do I do that? Is is safest to be in the park before party guests are allowed to enter? Obviously, I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time at Guest Services if I get locked out of my account.

FPs aren't assigned to a ticket, they're assigned to a profile. All that matters is that a ticket assigned to your profile is used to enter the park.

Because it's 3 Initial FPs per person, they can be booked in any arrangement as long as each person has no more than a total of 3 FPs.

Oh, wow, this is going to take a lot more planning than I thought then! I assumed if I used a FP for my hubby and stepdaughter to ride something like Splash Mountain, that me and my younger daughter were just out of luck while they used that FP. Had no idea that we could still get our own FP for maybe a character M&G! So, for me, I could actually have up to 6 FP reservations? If we split our party into pairs and each pair has 3 passes each?

PS - I know Splash Mountain is a bad example since it's closed while we're there, but hypothetically speaking, lol.

Oh, wow, this is going to take a lot more planning than I thought then! I assumed if I used a FP for my hubby and stepdaughter to ride something like Splash Mountain, that me and my younger daughter were just out of luck while they used that FP. Had no idea that we could still get our own FP for maybe a character M&G! So, for me, I could actually have up to 6 FP reservations? If we split our party into pairs and each pair has 3 passes each?

Each individual gets a maximum of 3 FPs to start. Each individual must have a FP to enter an attraction's FP queue. How you assign those 3 FPs to each is up to you. Your discussion of groups and pairs is confusing the issue, and certainly me.

Each individual gets a maximum of 3 FPs to start. Each individual must have a FP to enter an attraction's FP queue. How you assign those 3 FPs to each is up to you.

Sorry to ask the same question multiple ways, but thank you again for clarifying the answer. It can get a little confusing!

So, for me, I could actually have up to 6 FP reservations? If we split our party into pairs and each pair has 3 passes each?
Yes. And, not to confuse you, if your DD is too short for some rides, your family will qualify for Rider Swap FPs.

Example: If DD is too short for RnRC, your DH and stepdaughter can ask for a Rider Swap pass when all 4 of you are at the FP entrance. They'll get the Swap pass and you'll go on your way to a ride for you and DD.

Then, you and stepD can ride RnRC using the Swap pass - it's good for a few days so you don't have to ride it immediately.

Yes. And, not to confuse you, if your DD is too short for some rides, your family will qualify for Rider Swap FPs.

Example: If DD is too short for RnRC, your DH and stepdaughter can ask for a Rider Swap pass when all 4 of you are at the FP entrance. They'll get the Swap pass and you'll go on your way to a ride for you and DD.

Then, you and stepD can ride RnRC using the Swap pass - it's good for a few days so you don't have to ride it immediately.

Oh wow, lol, that is a little more confusing! I don't think we'll have to do that, though, because I don't really ride anything. I freaked out on People Mover the one day in my life that I've been to WDW and it stopped inside of Space Mountain. So, I'm on M&G/show duty while my hubby and stepD will take DD on rides, haha.

My biggest problem will be running out of FPs for my DD, because she will do M&Gs (and some shows) with me and some rides with DH and stepD. So I'll have to do some pen and paper planning to make sure I get her FPs for what she will really want to see.

DH and I are on one room ressie, and DBIL is on his own. Can one of us book FP+ together for all 3 of us? Thanks!

I didn't see this in the FAQ, so I guess I'll ask here...

After the 3 daily FP's have been used, can the 4th and additional FP's be gotten thru the myDisneyExperience app? Or just thru the kiosks?

After the 3 daily FP's have been used, can the 4th and additional FP's be gotten thru the myDisneyExperience app? Or just thru the kiosks?

Through the app or kiosk.

Actually, it's addressed in post #7:

One additional FP can be selected per guest, subject to availability, using the MDX app or website or at any in-park kiosk once all prebooked FPs are used or expire. When that FP is used or expires, another FP can be scheduled and used (and so on). Guests can use the MDX website or app to schedule FPs in any park for that same day. In-park kiosks can also be used to schedule FPs, but only for attractions in that same park.

Not sure if this has been answered here yet ..

But has the tiering changed at DHS with the removal of GMR? Will it?

I would think that since (based on old tiering) you can make Fast Passes for 3 of the remaining four rides, that they would just ditch tiering? Or maybe adjust it so Tower of Terror or Star Tours is Tier 1?

I wish they could just ditch the tiering from all the parks, hopefully DHS and Epcot getting more "FP worth" attractions will help, but that is still years away.

Not sure if this has been answered here yet ..

But has the tiering changed at DHS with the removal of GMR? Will it?

I would think that since (based on old tiering) you can make Fast Passes for 3 of the remaining four rides, that they would just ditch tiering? Or maybe adjust it so Tower of Terror or Star Tours is Tier 1?

I wish they could just ditch the tiering from all the parks, hopefully DHS and Epcot getting more "FP worth" attractions will help, but that is still years away.

Nothing has changed, if and when it does I will update.

60 day window starts today for a resort+ticket combo purchased through TA. I see my 3 day PH in MDE but no option to choose FP+ (shows locked icon). When I click on it the button it takes me to a screen to link it again and when I do it says "already linked to [me]" Is this a tech issue? Am I missing something obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!