FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression it was 31 days, I assumed for exactly this reason, but maybe I'm wrong, the first Google result is MouseSavers, saying 31, I couldn't quickly find a clear answer on the Disney website.

The question stands though, if they switch at exactly 30 days, do they lose their passes or keep them?

Thanks,
Matt

I would expect the FPs to remain.

I was under the impression it was 31 days, I assumed for exactly this reason, but maybe I'm wrong, the first Google result is MouseSavers, saying 31, I couldn't quickly find a clear answer on the Disney website.

The question stands though, if they switch at exactly 30 days, do they lose their passes or keep them?

Thanks,
Matt
If any Guest switches from their onsite room reservation between 60 days out through 30 days out, their FPs remain but cannot be Modified. They won't lose them because of the linked ticket entitlements - FPs are based on the tickets; the booking window based on the onsite reservation.

I would expect the FPs to remain.

If any Guest switches from their onsite room reservation between 60 days out through 30 days out, their FPs remain but cannot be Modified. They won't lose them because of the linked ticket entitlements - FPs are based on the tickets; the booking window based on the onsite reservation.

Thanks both of you, so I guess this is an option for them either way, though I hope they decide before the cancellation fee kicks in!

Matt

I have an eight day pass to DW but on the either day, it will not let me add any fast passes, as it said that I used up all my Fast Pluses. Why is this doing this, and when can I do the eighth day.

I have an eight day pass to DW but on the either day, it will not let me add any fast passes, as it said that I used up all my Fast Pluses. Why is this doing this, and when can I do the eighth day.

I would first confirm that you have 8-day tickets and not 7-day, and then review your FPs so far and confirm you don't have an 8th day somewhere already booked (perhaps from practicing?).

ETA: You mentioned on another thread that you upgraded your ticket from 7 days to 8. How was that accomplished? Is the original ticket part of a package stay or stand alone, or was it bought from a reseller?

Last edited:
Hi all!
So here is my question, and apologies if it's been covered, I've searched and not been able to find it.
In Epcot, must I actually use both my tier II fastpaases before I can get an additional tier I, or can I simply let them expire? Assuming of course I've used my tier I.
My scenario is 9:50 TT, I use it. 10:50 Spaceship Earth and 11:50 Living with the Land. I let the expire while I wait on line for FEA. Then, at 12:50, on the crazy chance there is still a tier one available can I book it? Or do I have to actually scan my and for those attractions?
Thanks to all those who know and are willing to help out! This is always the best place for info!
Tammy

Yes it is now a 8 day ticket. I did it through my travel agent in Australia, who contacted the wholesaler and upgraded my ticket. I just figured it out, I had added a fast pass for the day I am going to Halloween, this canceled out the 8th day, so just removed it and done the 8th day.

Hi all!
So here is my question, and apologies if it's been covered, I've searched and not been able to find it.
In Epcot, must I actually use both my tier II fastpaases before I can get an additional tier I, or can I simply let them expire? Assuming of course I've used my tier I.
My scenario is 9:50 TT, I use it. 10:50 Spaceship Earth and 11:50 Living with the Land. I let the expire while I wait on line for FEA. Then, at 12:50, on the crazy chance there is still a tier one available can I book it? Or do I have to actually scan my and for those attractions?
Thanks to all those who know and are willing to help out! This is always the best place for info!
Tammy
Here's a thread from yesterday to assist you. :)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/adding-fp-after-using.3620103/

FP+ Booking Strategy Question: We have a 5 day trip for 11/29 to 12/4, 6 people, bringing my parents along for the first time. I am worried that when my 60 day window opens, finding FOP for 6 (instead of our usual 4) will prove super challenging, so I'm wondering if it makes sense when first booking to immediately start looking for two groups of 3 FPs for FOP or if I should go straight to looking for FPs for the entire party of six. I feel like the FPs will go within in the first few minutes of the window opening and I'm torn which is the best strategy and feeling like I will miss out if I choose the wrong strategy. I also don't want to wind up with only three of us having FPs, though I don't mind if we go at different hours of the day so long as no one is left out entirely. I have lots of experience booking FPs but never in broken up groups (though I have done that the day of while in a park and we're splitting up). Can someone advise what's the best plan in this circumstance? I was hoping that our week would be comparatively slower, but that's not really the case looking at room availability, so between that and the fact that we only have 5 day tickets, I'm feeling stressed. It seems lots of folks booking for Sept and October are having trouble, which makes me think that the week after Thanksgiving will be even harder.
You should be okay looking for 6. Book your FPs according to priority, not park day.

On Monday, I booked FPs for a party of 6 for FoP on Day#6 but had to initially book for 3 because the other 3 were for the Guest Passes on my CM friend's linked MDE.

After booking the 3 for FoP, I went to the FoP FP and Changed Party to add in the 3 Guests. Either way, the system had room for all 6 - even with it taking another minute or so to add in the last 3.

Here is our situation. DH and I have tickets left over from 2004. After emailing Disney, I found out that we each have one park day left to use. I just spent a lot of time on the phone with technical support trying to get these tickets connected to MDE to no avail. So, that means that we won't be able to make any FP+ selections for our day at MK. I'll need to go to guest services when we arrive to have them convert our tickets so we can link them to MDE. We are only going to be in WDW for two days following a Disney cruise and we'll only be visiting the parks (MK) for one day. I'll buy my boys their one-day ticket and link them to MDE before we leave. Here is where things get confusing for me. Can I make FP+ selections for my boys at the 60-day mark (we are staying at BLT) if I have their tickets linked in MDE? Only problem is, they are only 11. Can they go through the FP line without us or is that a no-no? I don't want to do anything wrong. Also, what are the chances that I'll be able to make some FP+ selections once I get mine and DH's ticket converted? I am really only worried about SDMT and maybe Peter Pan. I just need to prepare my boys that riding SDMT may not happen if we don't make it to rope drop on our MK day.

Thanks for any insight.
Yes, you can book FPs for the boys. They are old enough to ride without adults so they'll be fine.

As soon as your tickets get linked, go to the boys' FPs and Change Party to add you two to the FPs. The system will add you if there is availability.

We have no expiration tickets from a time where there was no number or bar code on the back of the ticket.

How do we register these tickets for fast pass - so we can register these tickets for fast pass 30 days in advance, from our home?
You'll have to call Ticketing and ask for assistance. @Robo has info in his Ticket Sticky found at the top of this forum. :)

We have no expiration tickets from a time where there was no number or bar code on the back of the ticket.

How do we register these tickets for fast pass - so we can register these tickets for fast pass 30 days in advance, from our home?

I think you need to prepare yourself that you might not be able to add these tickets to MDE before you get there. I have similar tickets with no date and barcode and was on the phone with technical support for a long time trying to get them added. I knew this could be a possibility from the email I received from Disney that verified I had park days left and how many I had. If you can't link the tickets, you can't book fast passes until after you arrive at Disney, visit customer service, and have them convert your tickets so they can be added to MDE.

Yes, you can book FPs for the boys. They are old enough to ride without adults so they'll be fine.

As soon as your tickets get linked, go to the boys' FPs and Change Party to add you two to the FPs. The system will add you if there is availability.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Hoping someone here can clarify FP for me.

I have a two night stay booked onsite. After DD arrives we are switching resorts to SOG which does not count for 60 day ahead FPs. Our tickets will be 5 day, park hopper. Can I make FPs for all 5 park days at the 60 day window or only for the days we are staying onsite?

Also, relatives will be joining us at SOG. Can I make their FPs with ours at 60 days or will I need to add them to my onsite hotel reservation?

Hoping someone here can clarify FP for me.

I have a two night stay booked onsite. After DD arrives we are switching resorts to SOG which does not count for 60 day ahead FPs. Our tickets will be 5 day, park hopper. Can I make FPs for all 5 park days at the 60 day window or only for the days we are staying onsite?

Also, relatives will be joining us at SOG. Can I make their FPs with ours at 60 days or will I need to add them to my onsite hotel reservation?

Your split stay question is addressed in post #4:

Onsite Stay followed by Offsite Stay
  • Onsite Package Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite package checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort.
  • Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
You'll be able to book your relatives' FPs as long as they're linked to you.

I saw post #4. However it never mention checking out of offsite hotel. It says "Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a "rolling 60") each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account."

Perhaps it is a typo but I do not see where it mentions checking out of the offsite hotel. Sorry, but I'm confused because this quote only mentions the onsite checkout.

Your split stay question is addressed in post #4:

Onsite Stay followed by Offsite Stay
You'll be able to book your relatives' FPs as long as they're linked to you.

I saw post #4. However it never mention checking out of offsite hotel. It says "Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a "rolling 60") each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account."

Perhaps it is a typo but I do not see where it mentions checking out of the offsite hotel. Sorry, but I'm confused because this quote only mentions the onsite checkout.

Checking out of the onsite hotel doesn't matter, especially since Disney has no knowledge of the offsite stay at all.

You will continue having a 60 day window in which you can book FastPass+ reservations, up until the checkout day of your _onsite_ reservation, at which point it reduces to the normal 30 days. This really doesn't matter for most people since like you your offsite stay is immediately after the on-site stay. But if you had, say, an offsite stay that was a few weeks after your onsite stay, you would still be able to book FP+ in the 60 day window.

It does mention checkout of the onsite stay:
The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay.

The "rolling" begins with the first offsite park day: exactly 60 days out from the offsite park day you can book FPs.

Ok. I know I am being dense so let me be specific.

Let's say I'm staying onsite Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7 check out on Sunday and into an offsite hotel. I stay offsite October 8 - 12. If my tickets are 5 day then I can make 60+ day FPs on August 7 for the three days I'm onsite, then exactly 60 days ahead for the October 9 and 10? Is this correct?

I'm sorry but I'm still confused. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Ok. I know I am being dense so let me be specific.

Let's say I'm staying onsite Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7 check out on Sunday and into an offsite hotel. I stay offsite October 8 - 12. If my tickets are 5 day then I can make 60+ day FPs on August 7 for the three days I'm onsite, then exactly 60 days ahead for the October 9 and 10? Is this correct?

I'm sorry but I'm still confused. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Yes:
Window opens and you book for Oct. 6, 7, and 8.

60 days before Oct. 9 - book your FPs
60 days before Oct. 10 - book your FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter