FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the first page information, good stuff. We are debating between staying on site and off site at this time. I understand the 60+ vs 30 and the difference in likelihood of getting the really hot fastpasses at either time. Can anyone give me their experience of booking at 30 days in the last few weeks and how happy they were with getting the fastpasses for the tough attractions. Mine Train, Anna and Elsa ride, Toy Story and Navi? We like the thought of saving $700 or more, but not at the expense of coming home disappointed. We are willing to check every day from 30 til the day we leave for them becoming available, but not sure if that is even enough. We also know Slinky Dog will be open (hopefully) when we go next August and imagine that being a tough one too. Thanks for any information you can give me.
We went this summer and stayed offsite. I was up right at 7 a.m. everyday to book our FP's. You can only book them one day at a time. I wasn't able to get FOP...but got everything else you mentioned. Soarin' was actually the hardest to get, if you can believe that, over Navi and ROL. But I did get it, and once there I got a 4th FP for soarin' which is usually impossible. But forget about getting FOP...we ended up waiting 2 1/2 hours to ride. Was it worth it...yes! Did I want to wait anothr 2 + hours to ride again....no. I'm staying onsite next trip and folks on the Pandora site say they are still having some problems getting their FP's, but end up getting them more toward the end of their trip, so some say if they doing a short trip they couldn't get them. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the information. We are leaning towards staying at a WDW resort for the convenience. It's only $$$

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but looking at the availability for Thanksgiving week 11/18 on, lots of FP gone already. I expected FoP for early in the week, but EE, and KS gone for 11/19 too. 7DMT, PP, SM gone for 11/20, ToT, Star Tours gone on 11/21.

I have not seen it this tight for this week before. I guess it means: Disney has done a good job of promoting advance FP; the crowds will be nuts; or the system is glitching.

Lot's of backstory here. I originally booked a package at BW for our trip. I was patiently waiting for a deal to be released and it never came. I have booked everything from dining to FP's and haven't cancelled Boardwalk yet.

Last night we decided to scrap Boardwalk and stay at Bonnet Creek. Our dates are 11/14-11/19 at Bonnet Creek and staying 1 night at CBR 11/19-11/20. I have added 5 day tickets to our CBR resort reservation.

So I currently have all my FPs and dining, and two WDW resort reservations. Boardwalk (to be cancelled) and CBR for one night.

My question is this. If I cancel BW, will I lose my FP's? Or will they still count with my tickets linked to CBR?

Can we still get our FP+ 60 days out?

Are we eligible for EMH for the duration of our 5 day ticket, even though we'll be staying off property for most of our trip?

Am I making this too complicated? Overthinking it? I've never done a split stay, or done off property, so this is ALL new to me! HELP!! Thanks in advance!! :hippie::hippie::hippie:

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but looking at the availability for Thanksgiving week 11/18 on, lots of FP gone already. I expected FoP for early in the week, but EE, and KS gone for 11/19 too. 7DMT, PP, SM gone for 11/20, ToT, Star Tours gone on 11/21.

I have not seen it this tight for this week before. I guess it means: Disney has done a good job of promoting advance FP; the crowds will be nuts; or the system is glitching.
I think the crowds will be crazy. I've been looking for hotels for 11/14-11/20 and found NOTHING for over a month. Finally snagged something but it's looking like it's gonna be a tight squeeze that week. I know Free Dining is that week, too. But I wasn't expecting it to be quite that packed. I got most of our FPs but was surprised a lot of the good times were gone. :confused3

Can I book fps using linked reassignable 5 day tickets, purchase new tickets to use once at Disney and then reassign the unused 5 day tickets to someone else for a later trip? Or is this considered trying to beat the fp+ system?

Scenario is that my elderly parents have decided to join us for three days, if they decide to go to the park for three days I'd give them the extra 5d tickets I already have. More likely is they will have difficulty handling one day at the park so it'd be much more cost effective to buy one day tickets at the park. I know this will be their last trip.

Can I book fps using linked reassignable 5 day tickets, purchase new tickets to use once at Disney and then reassign the unused 5 day tickets to someone else for a later trip? Or is this considered trying to beat the fp+ system?

Scenario is that my elderly parents have decided to join us for three days, if they decide to go to the park for three days I'd give them the extra 5d tickets I already have. More likely is they will have difficulty handling one day at the park so it'd be much more cost effective to buy one day tickets at the park. I know this will be their last trip.

The FPs are not tied to the ticket itself. The ticket simply unlocks the ability to make FPs for X days. So long as you are still eligible to hold the the FPs by having another ticket for at least that many days on your profile, they wouldn't cancel them.

What I'm personally not sure of is whether the ticket remains reassignable. Just never dealt with it. :)

The FPs are not tied to the ticket itself. The ticket simply unlocks the ability to make FPs for X days. So long as you are still eligible to hold the the FPs by having another ticket for at least that many days on your profile, they wouldn't cancel them.

What I'm personally not sure of is whether the ticket remains reassignable. Just never dealt with it. :)

Thank you for responding, I was starting to panic reading information effective June 2017 about Disney reinforcing fp+ rules to close "loopholes". My Dad is now at the stage where 15-20 minutes of walking is his limit. I've called Disney since posting to ask the same question and they didn't seem bothered by it but so far have been unsuccessful in getting to a well informed cast member. Truly if I could get them Soarin and Spaceship Earth fastpasses so they could experience it with us, it would be a good day. I think I will book them now while they are still available at times that will work.

Much appreciated @doconeill

Is it a bad idea to have a late evening fast pass? For example for our upcoming trip at MK, I have a 9:30am-10:30am Space mountaion, 10:30am-11:30am Thunder mountain, and 5:30pm-6:30pm 7DMT (only available time). Now I am without a fast pass till at least 5:30pm. Would it be a better idea to drop the 5:30pm fast pass? I am guessing that the answer is going to be YES, but just want an opinion.
Thanks

Is it a bad idea to have a late evening fast pass? For example for our upcoming trip at MK, I have a 9:30am-10:30am Space mountaion, 10:30am-11:30am Thunder mountain, and 5:30pm-6:30pm 7DMT (only available time). Now I am without a fast pass till at least 5:30pm. Would it be a better idea to drop the 5:30pm fast pass? I am guessing that the answer is going to be YES, but just want an opinion.
Thanks

It entirely depends on how much you want additional FPs after your initial 3. If you don't care that much, then it's not a bad idea.

Thanks

I think it also depends on how long you are willing to wait for 7DMT. We waited 2 hours one night and didn't feel like it was worth it. If that is the only time available and you don't want to wait, I would keep it. You could also try rope dropping 7DMT. We did that this year and were the second ones in line. It wasn't very hard to get in that position, but it may have been because of extra magic hours in the morning.

After having trouble booking FP online this morning, I called and had a CM book them for me. No problems for when my entire party will be present, but after some depart and only 4 of us remain, when he tried to book them, I recall him saying to himself "hmmm...okay...I'll have to do these this way instead...", and the remaining Fastpasses all look like this in my app when I click on the FP for more info. I'm confused about the marked pink part, and the bottom saying we each have 1/1 experience remaining (they all have this exactly the same.) Do I need to be concerned? It reads that Im not going to be able to adapt these at all, and the normal tabs to Edit/Modify are not there. Looks like another phone call?

IMG_3398.jpg

Last edited:
After having trouble booking FP online this morning, I called and had a CM book them for me. No problems for when my entire party will be present, but after some depart and only 4 of us remain, when he tried to book them, I recall him saying to himself "hmmm...okay...I'll have to do these this way instead...", and the remaining Fastpasses all look like this in my app when I click on the FP for more info. I'm confused about the marked pink part, and the bottom saying we each have 1/1 experience remaining (they all have this exactly the same.) Do I need to be concerned? It reads that Im not going to be able to adapt these at all, and the normal tabs to Edit/Modify are not there. Looks like another phone call?

View attachment 270673
Basically this is a "force placed" FP. Usually used when there isn't availability at the time / ride you are seeking, so it's added as a CM courtesy. Was the CM attempting to match FPs with other member of your party?

Pretty sure it's glitching, because I see availability on some of those.

Basically this is a "force placed" FP. Usually used when there isn't availability at the time / ride you are seeking, so it's added as a CM courtesy. Was the CM attempting to match FPs with other member of your party?
I called and got an explanation. Now to try to explain it, because it's a weird one. 4 out of 8 in our party have a split stay, starting at WL (5nights) and then Dolphin (5 nights). Also, to complicate it more, the 4 staying for the last days of the trip (Dolphin) aren't the first ones to check in, so I was making FP for a party of 8, although only 2 guests are arriving on the day that would be 60 days window today, and the other 6 guests were using the courtesy grandfather-like ability to still have FP made technically ahead of their 60 day check in date, although those 6 arrive the next day. As soon as that arriving-first couple is checking out, I was no longer able to make FP for the four remaining members who are staying longest and technically aren't staying "on site" at that point in the trip, although Dolphin reservations are supposed to link seamlessly for FP. The first CM didn't explain any of that, but obviously found a way to book the FP's I desired. Only later did I notice they weren't changeable and assumed this was to my disadvantage as a result of their system glitch.

The next CM that I spoke with about my concern explained that it is working to our advantage, because in 5 days (60 days from our Dolphin check in), I will be able to make my own 3 additional FP for each of those days and still keep these "bonus" Fastpasses. Thank goodness, because one of them is FOP, of course. (The advice of booking FOP way out in the trip almost backfired on me in this case.). I'm so glad CM's now have a way to work around the system glitches. I'm also thankful to have received two CM's today who clearly know how to do their jobs even in technicality cases.

I booked this morning for 11/19 - 11/28. I was able to get both ToT and Star Tours for 11/21, times were pretty wide open. So you should go back and try them again!

Thank you both!! Definitely a system glitch, all good now. Appreciate it very much!
Pretty sure it's glitching, because I see availability on some of those.

I booked this morning for 11/19 - 11/28. I was able to get both ToT and Star Tours for 11/21, times were pretty wide open. So you should go back and try them again!

It's been 4 years since our last WDW vacation, so it's our first experience with FP+. Is it correct that we can't start booking our FP until 7:00 a.m. 60 days out? Or is it midnight? Our trip is Thanksgiving weekend, and we can start booking 9/26. Just trying to be prepared.

It's been 4 years since our last WDW vacation, so it's our first experience with FP+. Is it correct that we can't start booking our FP until 7:00 a.m. 60 days out? Or is it midnight? Our trip is Thanksgiving weekend, and we can start booking 9/26. Just trying to be prepared.
7:00 am EST. 60 days if staying onsite.

I have not made any fastpasses as of yet, but I am already worried because I have a party of 8 to make fastpasses for during Christmas week. For the hard to get ones should I split my group in half? And if I do get 4 for a fastpass and cannot get the other 4, is there a way to try to add one fastpass at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter