FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mesaboy2, Mar 12, 2016.

1. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!! Huge apologies for my most recent post. Thank you for deleting!

2. JayhawkMomma

JayhawkMomma Mouseketeer

Dumb question, I searched for answer and didn't see it.

The last time we went (2015) the 60 day window actually opened up about an hour after the last park closed for the night. I think I make our reservations around 2am my time for our last trip. Is it a hard 7am ET time now or does the window still open up early?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Haley R

Haley R DIS Veteran

It’s a hard time now at 7

5. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 I sense something. A forum I haven't felt since…

7:00a ET except in certain unusual circumstances. The first posts, including Post #3 quoted below, have been updated since 2015. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 4:30 PM
  6. Haley R

Haley R DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn’t realize how confusing my post was. We used our anytime FP for mission space which replaced our FP for tt. I can’t remember if we waited standby for tt later or if we were lucky and got another FP after checking on the app. Does that make sense?

7. JayhawkMomma

JayhawkMomma Mouseketeer

Thank you. I will set my alarm for 5:30am now so I'm locked and loaded at 6am.

8. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

yes! Thanks for taking the time....:)

9. Haley R

Haley R DIS Veteran

That’s what we did. Woke up at 5:30 although dh pulled an all nighter. We were logged in on our phones by 5:45 and refreshed right at 6:00

JayhawkMomma likes this.
  10. Disneytam

Disneytam disneytam

I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but can't seem to find it. Asking for a friend who has a room only split stay booked currently with tickets purchased separately. If he makes his FP at the 60 day mark but then later has to cancel the first part of his stay will he lose the FP that he already made? We almost always have AP so I don't know the answer to this. Thanks.

11. horse11

horse11 DIS Veteran

would they have to personally check into the hotel and show ID?

12. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

No, they don’t even have to show up at the hotel because you aren’t using the CM for a room discount.

The CM is just using the fact that his name is on the room reservation and It gives him a 60-day Booking window for all the Guest Passes.

You have to remember most CMs never stay onsite so they don’t understand 60-day booking windows. My CM friend stays onsite with me because I always pay for the discounted room. ;)

horse11 likes this.
  13. horse11

horse11 DIS Veteran

Yeah see THAT is the problem!! I do not think they truly understand how it works. So frustrating lol!! I just decided to purchase the tickets ugggg!! I just think it would be easier then depending on them to set FP's and inconveniencing them by having them meet us at the crack of dawn each day at the parks to get us in. This way they can meet us when they want to and at their leisure and we could raid my Disney Experience to make sure we get the FP's we want at the times we want. Sometimes I think the people on this board know way more then the CM's lol!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:08 PM
    ThistleMae and twoolle like this.
  14. twoolle

twoolle DIS Veteran

It is possible you modified the TT FP to a later time and used that right? It' my understanding you don't lose that FP and it' up to you to modify it.

15. Haley R

Haley R DIS Veteran

As far as I remember they replaced it with an anytime FP. I don’t think we got to keep the tt because we got an anytime FP instead.

16. twoolle

twoolle DIS Veteran

My understanding is the anytime FP is a bonus and the original is not replaced and you are free to modify that as you can. I'm pretty sure this is what happened to us when BTMR was down on our last trip.

hiroMYhero likes this.
  17. Haley R

Haley R DIS Veteran

It happened to us two years ago so I honestly don’t remember for sure.

18. JETSDAD

JETSDAD Mouseketeer

If you're talking about getting an anytime FP for a ride being down then it replaces the original FP rather than being in addition to the FP.

19. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 I sense something. A forum I haven't felt since…

This is correct. :thumbsup2

20. Haley R

Haley R DIS Veteran

I thought I was going crazy for a second. I was pretty sure that’s what happened to us but had myself second guessing for a bit.

21. twoolle

twoolle DIS Veteran

Sorry all, I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but these 2 statements above seem to be in contradiction to each other. One implies that in the case of a down ride that u have a FP for, the anytime FP replaces the original. The other implies you keep the original and the anytime FP is an extra bonus.