FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your FPs will remain intact based on the tickets that are linked to your MDX Profiles. As soon as you know you’ve found your offsite accommodations, Cancel your onsite stay to open it up for someone else to book... whether you are 50 days out or 2 weeks out, your FPs remain intact.

hiroMYhero: Thank you so much! I hate to mention this here, but isn't this an enormous loophole in the FP+ booking system? You could book a WDW resort, use it for the 60-day-out FP+ booking, then cancel it after you've made the bookings. That seemed wrong to me, which is why I checked in here about how it'd all work out.

I intend to hold on to my WDW resort booking and see how the no-DND policy shakes out. You know, maybe they'll end it. Well, I can hope. And then I'll stay on-site with my original reservation.

hiroMYhero: Thank you so much! I hate to mention this here, but isn't this an enormous loophole in the FP+ booking system? You could book a WDW resort, use it for the 60-day-out FP+ booking, then cancel it after you've made the bookings. That seemed wrong to me, which is why I checked in here about how it'd all work out.

I intend to hold on to my WDW resort booking and see how the no-DND policy shakes out. You know, maybe they'll end it. Well, I can hope. And then I'll stay on-site with my original reservation.
The Disney Springs area Hotels now have the 60-day FP Booking window. Posters on the Orlando Board are confirming that DSprings rooms booked via Expedia are linking up to MDX.

Here’s the listing of offsite hotels where you will definitely have the same 60-day window and you won’t lose any FPs in case Disney tweaks their FP policy regarding cancellations prior to your trip:
http://disneyspringshotels.com/

Are your friends on a package? Meaning, did they book a package that combined park tickets and hotel together? If so, that's the problem. You'd only be able to book their fast passes if they had tickets that aren't part of a package.

Yeah. They did book a package. I called Disney IT and the gal was super nice. She said if they had bought their tickets elsewhere that it would work but since they have a package it will not. I told her it worked for 1 of the fast passes. So, she went in and looked and she was able to change all of our fast passes that I had booked from 2-4. She was not sure if it would let her do it but it did - so very happy...

I had asked this question last week just to make sure it would work and was told as long as our tickets and stuff is linked it would work. So, that is only correct if they didn't have a package. Good to know and glad that the Disney Gal was able to sprinkle some Pixie Dust and made it all work out. (Especially since we had gotten everything we wanted...)

Yeah. They did book a package. I called Disney IT and the gal was super nice. She said if they had bought their tickets elsewhere that it would work but since they have a package it will not. I told her it worked for 1 of the fast passes. So, she went in and looked and she was able to change all of our fast passes that I had booked from 2-4. She was not sure if it would let her do it but it did - so very happy...

I had asked this question last week just to make sure it would work and was told as long as our tickets and stuff is linked it would work. So, that is only correct if they didn't have a package. Good to know and glad that the Disney Gal was able to sprinkle some Pixie Dust and made it all work out. (Especially since we had gotten everything we wanted...)

The package question is an important yet subtle distinction and drastically impacts how FP works in your kind of situation. It is subtle enough that it is often not thought of when these questions arise, and I don’t think it came up in your thread let week.

I try to remember to think of it this way: package tickets don’t actually become usable tickets until check-in day. That can be changed, but generally only in-person at WDW. That means that FPs cannot be booked with them prior to 60 days from check-in date in almost all situations.

The package question is an important yet subtle distinction and drastically impacts how FP works in your kind of situation. It is subtle enough that it is often not thought of when these questions arise, and I don’t think it came up in your thread let week.

I try to remember to think of it this way: package tickets don’t actually become usable tickets until check-in day. That can be changed, but generally only in-person at WDW. That means that FPs cannot be booked with them prior to 60 days from check-in date in almost all situations.

Yeah - did not catch that part of the package thing.. (and I was unsure how she booked the room - was unaware she did a package) You would think if they were all linked it would work but I guess not. Glad it all worked out anyway - as I'm sure we would not have been able to get all of the same fast passes for them 2 days from now.

I had asked this question last week just to make sure it would work and was told as long as our tickets and stuff is linked it would work. So, that is only correct if they didn't have a package.
It had been posted in your separate thread that if they had separately linked tickets, you could book for them. (I had posted that - but I don’t think at that time you knew they had a package.)

That was nice of the CM to add your friends to your FP reservations.

It had been posted in your separate thread that if they had separately linked tickets, you could book for them. (I had posted that - but I don’t think at that time you knew they had a package.)

That was nice of the CM to add your friends to your FP reservations.

Indeed you did, sorry I missed that.

I just wanted to double check my dates because I messed up my second ADR date and I don't want to do that for FP booking day. Our situation is:
Check-In Onsite YC 5/11 Check-Out 5/12. We're staying with local family one night 5/12 and then checking back in On-Site 5/13 until 5/19. Our first park day will be 5/12 and we all have 7 day tickets. The FP Calendar has Tues March 13th as my booking day.
A. Is this correct?
B. I think I can book all 7 park days on the same day (March 13th) Is this correct?

I appreciate your help!

I just wanted to double check my dates because I messed up my second ADR date and I don't want to do that for FP booking day. Our situation is:
Check-In Onsite YC 5/11 Check-Out 5/12. We're staying with local family one night 5/12 and then checking back in On-Site 5/13 until 5/19. Our first park day will be 5/12 and we all have 7 day tickets. The FP Calendar has Tues March 13th as my booking day.
A. Is this correct?
B. I think I can book all 7 park days on the same day (March 13th) Is this correct?

I appreciate your help!
A. It’s March 12th. The window opens 60 days prior to your onsite check-in date for Stay#1.

B. You can book for all your park days because your first booking window meets up with Stay#2’s FP booking window.

A. It’s March 12th. They window opens 60 days prior to your onsite check-in date for Stay#1.

B. You can book for all your park days because your first booking window meets up with Stay#2’s FP booking window.
Thank you Hiro! I've been confused about whether it was the 12th or the 13th or if I had to split up the days like I did for ADR's. I'm glad I asked!

Well I think I just messed up our fastpasses and need advice on what I should do to fix them.

We are visiting AK on 2/21 and have the following FPs for a group of 11:

Navi 9:45-10:45
Everest 10:50-11:50
Safari 12:10-1:10

This is my first time and I'm not super familiar with everything, but I've been trying to modify here and there for our group to try to get FOP, breaking us apart into smaller groups. I've checked everyday and today I just chose a random two of us to check since others have said they've seen them pop up for FOP. Well I found 2 for 4:15-5:15, got a little too excited and modified and tried for more, but there were no others, not even singles which I guess is expected. But now, I can't move the others back to 9:45 and feel bad for messing it up. There is nothing available for Navi until 1:00. Should I forget about the FoP and move everyone to the 1:00 navi or keep trying to move the others back or slowly move us all to FoP? I feel bad that some might get to ride one and not the other, obviously we all want to ride FoP but with a group of 11, half small kids, we decided to skip it if we couldn't get FP. Help?

Well I think I just messed up our fastpasses and need advice on what I should do to fix them.

We are visiting AK on 2/21 and have the following FPs for a group of 11:

Navi 9:45-10:45
Everest 10:50-11:50
Safari 12:10-1:10

This is my first time and I'm not super familiar with everything, but I've been trying to modify here and there for our group to try to get FOP, breaking us apart into smaller groups. I've checked everyday and today I just chose a random two of us to check since others have said they've seen them pop up for FOP. Well I found 2 for 4:15-5:15, got a little too excited and modified and tried for more, but there were no others, not even singles which I guess is expected. But now, I can't move the others back to 9:45 and feel bad for messing it up. There is nothing available for Navi until 1:00. Should I forget about the FoP and move everyone to the 1:00 navi or keep trying to move the others back or slowly move us all to FoP? I feel bad that some might get to ride one and not the other, obviously we all want to ride FoP but with a group of 11, half small kids, we decided to skip it if we couldn't get FP. Help?
It might be kind of hard to decide which 2 get to do FOP. Unless you can figure out a fair way to do it, I would just take the Navi at 1.

It might be kind of hard to decide which 2 get to do FOP. Unless you can figure out a fair way to do it, I would just take the Navi at 1.

Actually, I'm an idiot. I realized I was modifying from the big group who already has Nav'i, when I modify the 2 people from FOP back to Navi, it gives me 9:45 back. I just hate to let them go, but the chances of getting 9 more seems like an impossible task. THE STRUGGLE!! LOL

My wife and I are travelling with our 2 year old. For FastPass+, if only one of us makes the reservation, can we still do a childswap so both of us can ride (Everest)? Or do we both need FastPass reservations for the ride?

We need to show proof of FL resident ID to get our tickets. Any ideas when the ticket booths open at WDW? Whats a good time to go to will call? I arrive at 11PM the night before and am planning to stay at the Sheraton.

Actually, I'm an idiot. I realized I was modifying from the big group who already has Nav'i, when I modify the 2 people from FOP back to Navi, it gives me 9:45 back. I just hate to let them go, but the chances of getting 9 more seems like an impossible task. THE STRUGGLE!! LOL
Oh okay haha. That kind of stinks, but I think it would be hard to decide who gets to ride and who doesn't. Are you going to do it at rope drop?

My wife and I are travelling with our 2 year old. For FastPass+, if only one of us makes the reservation, can we still do a childswap so both of us can ride (Everest)? Or do we both need FastPass reservations for the ride?
Only 1 Adult needs a FP, the other Adult rides using the Swap Pass: FP and Rider Swap

We need to show proof of FL resident ID to get our tickets. Any ideas when the ticket booths open at WDW? Whats a good time to go to will call? I arrive at 11PM the night before and am planning to stay at the Sheraton.
If you don’t have MagicBands linked to your MDX Profiles, you can pick up your tickets at Guest Relations in Disney Springs or at a Ticket Window at the park.

Windows will be open an hour before the park opens.
All About TICKETS at WDW

Oh okay haha. That kind of stinks, but I think it would be hard to decide who gets to ride and who doesn't. Are you going to do it at rope drop?

I told my husband after I switched it back (he was one of the two switched to FoP) and he was like WTH, why take it away from me?! I was like hey, if I can't ride, you can't ride :sad: We don't have plans to wait standby or rope drop. With a group of 11 and seeing those stampede pictures of rope drop with a strategy seemingly necessary, we'll probably pass. If the kids can last until closing, we'll probably jump in at the end if the kids don't lose their minds waiting too long. This is my first wdw trip and who knows when I'll be back, that makes me hate to miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts