FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
    • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

Can I make FastPasses for myself and friends who are not on my resort reservation at 60+ as long as they on my Friends & Family list (and have valid tickets) or is there something else I need to do to be able to add them? Can they have their own MDE accounts (i.e. "control" the guest or "control" the FastPass)?

Can I make FastPasses for myself and friends who are not on my resort reservation at 60+ as long as they on my Friends & Family list (and have valid tickets) or is there something else I need to do to be able to add them? Can they have their own MDE accounts (i.e. "control" the guest or "control" the FastPass)?
It’s easier if they are just added to your Friends list.

Then book FPs for the complete group: you + friends.

We have used FP before about 3 years ago. Seems like everything is the same. Just one question. We will be in DW during spring break. When we have used FP before during the summer, waits were 15 - 30 min. Being that spring break is 2cnd busiest time of year, will waits probably be over 60min even with FP?

We have used FP before about 3 years ago. Seems like everything is the same. Just one question. We will be in DW during spring break. When we have used FP before during the summer, waits were 15 - 30 min. Being that spring break is 2cnd busiest time of year, will waits probably be over 60min even with FP?
No; the FP system is based on the premise that it will take between 10-20 minutes to load onto the ride.

At the busiest times, FP guests have priority over Standby guests. Sometimes the ratio is 50 FP guests and then 10 Standby.

No; the FP system is based on the premise that it will take between 10-20 minutes to load onto the ride.

At the busiest times, FP guests have priority over Standby guests. Sometimes the ratio is 50 FP guests and then 10 Standby.

Good to know. I have heard many people say how horrible spring break is at DW and that they would never do it again. I was a little worried. I know many people manage waits over 60 min for a ride but that is definitely not us.

Thanks

Good to know. I have heard many people say how horrible spring break is at DW and that they would never do it again. I was a little worried. I know many people manage waits over 60 min for a ride but that is definitely not us.

Thanks

Well, the thing is "Spring Break" could be pretty much any time between now and April. There is no universal "Spring Break" - it varies from district to district.

OK, help me clarify, because sometimes my head still spins with all the different rules around 30 day, 60 day, AP, etc...

We're out of state AP holders, we also stay offsite. However, having just seen the opening date of June 30th for Toy Story Land, we need to make some adjustments. Our trip goes from June 12th to June 30th...so that's our very last day in the parks. We have a gazillion bonus points with Starwood, so I can book free nights at the Dolphin. But I'm an AP holder, so if I'm right, I can only have 7 days of FP+ in any 30 day period, no matter where I'm staying, correct? So with my trip being 17 park days, is there any value to even booking a room at the Dolphin? Toy Story opens on park day 17 for us, so if I wanted FP+ in advance, I'd have to spend at least 10 days without having any FP+ in advance, right? In other words, I'd have to book park days 1-6, then do no advanced FP+ for park days 7-16 and advanced FP+ for day 17. I'd be able to do park day 7 after I use up park day 1, etc... Given that it's not too hard to get same day FP+ in the summer, I probably could do that. If I do, how do I go about booking a room at the Dolphin to give myself the maximum 60+ day FP+ window? Hope this makes sense...

is there any value to even booking a room at the Dolphin?
Yes because your Dolphin 60-day window includes all the park days prior to Dolphin Check-in.

I would book Dolphin for June 29, and 60 days before June 29, book your FPs for June 30th.

Then, book FPs for 6 offsite park days and also hope for an AP preview of TSL.

Thanks! Yes, I'm trying to learn how this AP preview of TSL might work, because I'm all in if it happens.

With the FP+, since I have an AP, aren't I limited to 7 days of FP+ in a 30 day window, regardless of where I stay?

Just checked the calendar, I had it off by one day. The trip is technically June 13 to July 1, but first and last days are travel days. So we're in the parks June 14 to June 30. So are you saying that if I book Dolphin for June 29, I can start making FP+ reservations for June 14th on April 15th (60 days ahead)? That makes sense, as it's the standard 60 day window. But where I'm confused is how the rest works. On April 15th, what other days could I book? I couldn't book all the way out to June 30th, right? How does my AP come into play and potentially limit me for booking June 30th? On April 15th, would I only book June 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19...skip June 20-29...and June 30th?

With the FP+, since I have an AP, aren't I limited to 7 days of FP+ in a 30 day window, regardless of where I stay?
From the Passholder FP+ Information page:
If you have a reservation that includes a stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can make FastPass+ selections up to 60 days before you check in for up to 7 days or the entire length of your stay―whichever is greater!
If you mix off-site and on-site stays, you could be limited to only 7 days depending on order and length of each stay.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

From the Passholder FP+ Information page:

If you mix off-site and on-site stays, you could be limited to only 7 days depending on order and length of each stay.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

But if I'm party offsite, they wouldn't know the length of my stay except for the part I'm onsite. So if I'm understanding right, to be able to book everything at 60 days out, I'd have to book something onsite for June 14th all the way to June 30th, right?

So are you saying that if I book Dolphin for June 29, I can start making FP+ reservations for June 14th on April 15th (60 days ahead)?
No. 60 days before June 29th you can book for June 30th and ANY 6 offsite park days.

Your booking window opens based on your DOLPHIN Check-in date. All your offsite park days just happen to fall in the fully open 60 day window.

Got it. But if I don't book onsite for the full length of my trip, I'll be limited to only 7 days of FP+, correct?

Got it. But if I don't book onsite for the full length of my trip, I'll be limited to only 7 days of FP+, correct?
Correct. 60 days out for check-in, checkout, and any offsite days to total 7 pre-booked park days.

Then it’s use a day, book a day just as you’re used to doing for your regular offsite trips. :)

Going in July and staying offsite. Is it better to FP the rides I want, regardless of when they're available, or to FP whatever is available at the earliest times so I can get the extra FP quickly?

Going in July and staying offsite. Is it better to FP the rides I want, regardless of when they're available, or to FP whatever is available at the earliest times so I can get the extra FP quickly?

You get 3 fast passes to start with so I am hopeful for you that at least 1 ride you want you will get! Perhaps make a compromise and book two early to have some line-free time and use the third on a must have ride for whenever the time is. Personally I find that there are so many rides you can queue for in reasonable times you may be surprised how much you do by the time the last fast pass rolls around. I normally book 9, 10 & 11am FP and in between those times I get at least 5 other rides in at MK and 2 others in Epcot.

I hit a limit in booking FP. We have AP
I have 1 onsite stay check in on 3/9, out on 3/13
Second we check in 4/19 and out on 4/25
I have FP booked for
3/9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 4/19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. I tried to book on the 25th and it said we had reached our limit. Any ideas?
It's not a huge deal, I'll book the 25th when we use it FP on 3/9. Just wondering why we can't book for all days. Does it not count check in or out day somehow? Am I the last to know this?

I hit a limit in booking FP. We have AP
I have 1 onsite stay check in on 3/9, out on 3/13
Second we check in 4/19 and out on 4/25
I have FP booked for
3/9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 4/19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. I tried to book on the 25th and it said we had reached our limit. Any ideas?
It's not a huge deal, I'll book the 25th when we use it FP on 3/9. Just wondering why we can't book for all days. Does it not count check in or out day somehow? Am I the last to know this?
Recently, an AP posted that they could only book for 10 days of FPs and the CM told them that was the max for an AP. Yet, you have 11 days of FPs.

APs with 1 lengthy onsite stay can book for a max of 14 days and then the very next day they can book another day of FPs and so on.

Maybe you can check tomorrow and see if you can book for the 25th to see if the system opened that up for you. Usually you can book for all your onsite FP days without any kind of limit, correct?

I probably have hit limits before and not really paid close attention
As mentioned if you have two trips booked your window opens a day early. Well, one interesting note about that, it opens the 2nd window but it doesn't quite see the on site stay because it limits you to a total of 7 days FP like someone without an on site stay has

So yesterday I could only book 2 days worth of my 2nd trip. In the past I thought that was limit period but this time it occurred to me to try today to see if I could book more and I could. I got all but the 25th booked. It's like they don't count days, just nights or something. Even if it did count each day on one trip. Since we arrive early enough to go to a park on arrival day and depart late enough to go on departure day we are able to use FP for each day we are there, which exceeds the nights, if that makes sense.
That's the only thing I can think that is limiting me from booking for length of stay. I know better than to try and call anyone because they are simply going to say AP holders are limited to 7 days because that's what their book says

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!