FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a complicated FastPass question...

We are arriving in June. I've already linked our tickets to MyDisneyExperience. We are staying offsite, but at a Disney Springs hotel which has now become a "Good Neighbor Hotel" which will allow us to book our FP's 60 days in advance.

Here's the complicated part... I got the room (and flight and car) through Expedia. I don't have a confirmation number to enter to link the room to our tickets.

Suggestions? Certainly somebody has had this situation...
Call the Hotel and they should be able to give you the Disney confirmation number to link to MDX. Unless you booked B Hotel... they still can’t be linked to MDX.

Disney Springs area Hotel Guests: 60-Day FP Booking Now In Effect: *No Packages Needed*

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and I have read over the fastpass info and I'm still a bit confused as this is all new to me.

We are booking 1 night at the Art of Animation and then staying some with family that are in the area. Our initial plan was to just visit Disney for 1 day but now we are considering getting park hopper tickets since we will still be in the area for a few days. My question is, can we book FP 60 days in advance for all days or just for the one day that we stay at the resort?

Thanks in advance!!!

As long as you have used (a FP is used as soon as you tap into the FP line) all the FastPasses you have booked for that day, be that 1, 2, or 3, you can make FastPasses in another park from either whatever remain of your original 3 or one at a time if you already used the first 3.
So, If I start my day at MK with only 2 FB booked ahead of time, I can book my 3rd in Epcot after I get in line for my 2nd FP in MK? Can I book a 4th for the MK with a return time BEFORE the 3rd in Epcot? Does that make sense?

My question is, can we book FP 60 days in advance for all days or just for the one day that we stay at the resort?
Your FP Booking Window opens 60 days before Check-in and you can book FPs for the check-in and checkout days. Then for any other park days, it’s 60 days out from each park day. See the Split Stay section of the thread. :)

So, If I start my day at MK with only 2 FB booked ahead of time, I can book my 3rd in Epcot after I get in line for my 2nd FP in MK? Can I book a 4th for the MK with a return time BEFORE the 3rd in Epcot? Does that make sense?
No, when you are in line for FP#1, book for Epcot.

Time-wise, you have to use your initial 3 FPs before booking FP#4.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky - that’s where the park hopping tips are written out in great detail. :)

Hi, this is probably just me being a bit slow on the uptake, but I want to make sure I have this right...

I am arriving with my family and checking in to Caribbean Beach on Aug 2nd, checking out on Aug 9th, when we'll go to a villa nearby. We have a 14-day ticket, so that will run until Aug 15th. I can start booking FPs at 7am Eastern 60 days before we check in (Jun 3rd?), and on that day I can book FPs for each day of our stay in the hotel, so up until Aug 9th. After we check out we can continue to book FPs for each day we are offsite on a rolling 60 day window, so I can book for Aug 11th on Jun 10th, book for Aug 12th on Jun 11th.

Is that correct?

I'm finding it amusing that I'm having to plan when I can do my planning, but that's all part of the fun. I'm bringing home park maps tonight so I can start going over with my kids what rides they definitely want to get on.

No, when you are in line for FP#1, book for Epcot.

Time-wise, you have to use your initial 3 FPs before booking FP#4.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky - that’s where the park hopping tips are written out in great detail. :)
Thanks! I've read through that sticky a bit and wasn't able to find an answer, but I will try again. It's all so overwhelming!

To clarify, you don't have to use all 3, but you do have to have no remaining FastPasses for that day. You can prebook 1 or 2 FastPasses rather than 3 and once you use those book the rest of your first 3 at a different park. For example, I am doing Epcot. I book Frozen Ever After (Tier 1) and don't make any Tier 2 selections, I can make 2 FastPasses at another park as soon as I scan into Frozen. I have done this a number of times as other than Mission Space (didn't care for it) and Spaceship Earth, the rest of Tier 2 (Figment, Shorts, Nemo, Crush, and The Land) don't typically benefit from using FastPass (reasonable standby waits) unless you're trying to use up your first 3 to get a second Tier 1 at Epcot (FEA, TT, or Soarin). NOTE that you can also cancel any remaining FastPasses and make new ones at another park.

This is great to know, thanks!

Your FP Booking Window opens 60 days before Check-in and you can book FPs for the check-in and checkout days. Then for any other park days, it’s 60 days out from each park day. See the Split Stay section of the thread. :)
Thank you very much! When I first read over the split stay section, I got a bit confused. Thanks again!

Do you know how this would work in terms of EMH? Staying off and on site?

Availability

The vast majority of the 60 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program, who have access to FPs at 90 days in advance, can assume wide availability for all attractions.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.
This is awesome information. Thank you!

Hi all. Is it normal to not be able to find a FP for Finding Nemo the Musical (in the morning) 60 days out? Is it really that popular, or perhaps they have not released the morning show FPs yet?

Thanks.

Tried to find the answer in the FAQs and didn't see it. A rider must be over 7 to ride alone, correct? So, would there be no need to schedule an FP for an adult accompanying a child on a ride since that adult would by default have to be present with the kid? Or am I misunderstanding?

Tried to find the answer in the FAQs and didn't see it. A rider must be over 7 to ride alone, correct? So, would there be no need to schedule an FP for an adult accompanying a child on a ride since that adult would by default have to be present with the kid? Or am I misunderstanding?

No, anyone entering the Fastpass line is required to have a Fastpass.

My resort check in date is 8/25 (60 day FP is 6/26) but we won't be in any parks until 8/26. Can I still book my FPs for on that date for 8/26-8/30 (5 day hoppers)?

My resort check in date is 8/25 (60 day FP is 6/26) but we won't be in any parks until 8/26. Can I still book my FPs for on that date for 8/26-8/30 (5 day hoppers)?

Yes, assuming your resort stay is booked through those days vs. moving off-site (which according to your signature is the case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!