FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought, but don't know if it's workable or not, so I thought I'd ask the font of all knowledge that is this forum ;)

When I'm booking my FPS, my approach will obviously be to book them as early in the day as possible so that we can get more FP choices on the day. SO this might mean FP1 - 9:10 - 10:10, FP2 - 10:20 - 11:20, FP3 - 11:30 - 12:30. And I've read the advice about then getting on MDE on my phone and making my next selection while in the queue for FP3.

But is it possible to shorten the times between rides by modifying on the day? When I tap in on FP1 at 9:10, can I look on MDE and see if I can move my FP2 window up to 9:30 - 10:30 or something like that? And then when I tap in to FP2 at 9:30, look to see if I can move FP3 up to maybe something like 9:50 - 10:50.

IN theory that could mean I'd have my first 3 FPs used by 10:00. Is that possible?

Although now that I've said it I guess I'll be booking the more popular rides as my fist 3 FPs each day, so there might not be much flexibility available to move the times up on the day.

Hi Folks,
We purchased room a while back only and only recently purchased tickets, all through the same travel agent.
When looking at MDE under tickets, for each of us it does show we have our ticket.
Just want to confirm it is correct and we should not worry that:
- we cannot "link ticket or reservation" because it says "that reservation already exists" (I was under the impression we still had to link the tickets. No NEW confirmation was given, only the same original room confirmation number.)
- we are unable to explore FP+ until our boooking window comes.

Last trip we purchased tickets separately and they were not linked to a room only ressie and we needed to input ticket confirmation number ourselves.

I need to make sure I dont screw this up,

THANKS IN ADVANCE for your patience. :)

I just had a thought, but don't know if it's workable or not, so I thought I'd ask the font of all knowledge that is this forum ;)

When I'm booking my FPS, my approach will obviously be to book them as early in the day as possible so that we can get more FP choices on the day. SO this might mean FP1 - 9:10 - 10:10, FP2 - 10:20 - 11:20, FP3 - 11:30 - 12:30. And I've read the advice about then getting on MDE on my phone and making my next selection while in the queue for FP3.

But is it possible to shorten the times between rides by modifying on the day? When I tap in on FP1 at 9:10, can I look on MDE and see if I can move my FP2 window up to 9:30 - 10:30 or something like that? And then when I tap in to FP2 at 9:30, look to see if I can move FP3 up to maybe something like 9:50 - 10:50.

IN theory that could mean I'd have my first 3 FPs used by 10:00. Is that possible?

Although now that I've said it I guess I'll be booking the more popular rides as my fist 3 FPs each day, so there might not be much flexibility available to move the times up on the day.
Yes, your theory would work. Just depends on availability when you are refreshing the app for FPs.

Hi Folks,
We purchased room a while back only and only recently purchased tickets, all through the same travel agent.
When looking at MDE under tickets, for each of us it does show we have our ticket.
Just want to confirm it is correct and we should not worry that:
- we cannot "link ticket or reservation" because it says "that reservation already exists" (I was under the impression we still had to link the tickets. No NEW confirmation was given, only the same original room confirmation number.)
- we are unable to explore FP+ until our boooking window comes.

Last trip we purchased tickets separately and they were not linked to a room only ressie and we needed to input ticket confirmation number ourselves.

I need to make sure I dont screw this up,

THANKS IN ADVANCE for your patience. :)

Just to clarify - tickets are not linked to reservations at all. Tickets are linked to your profile, and reservations are linked to your profile.

Tickets enable you to make Fastpass selections at the 30-day window, and determine how many days' worth you can make.

Reservations enable the 60-day window, provided you already have tickets.

Do you see your reservation in there as well? If so, it sounds like you are all set. It's curious that you see the tickets in there without having linked them yourself, unless your agent did it for you.

we are unable to explore FP+ until our boooking window comes.
It’s because you have a “package.” Your TA amended your reservation to make it a Disney Package and the tickets become active on Check-in day.

Your “package” allows the 60-day booking window to open.

Just to clarify - tickets are not linked to reservations at all. Tickets are linked to your profile, and reservations are linked to your profile.

Tickets enable you to make Fastpass selections at the 30-day window, and determine how many days' worth you can make.

Reservations enable the 60-day window, provided you already have tickets.

Do you see your reservation in there as well? If so, it sounds like you are all set. It's curious that you see the tickets in there without having linked them yourself, unless your agent did it for you.

Yes, I see resort reservation, and then ticket also. I will double check with her that she "linked" them. Thanks!

It’s because you have a “package.” Your TA amended your reservation to make it a Disney Package and the tickets become active on Check-in day.

Your “package” allows the 60-day booking window to open.

So at the 60-day mark the window "magically" opens because I have a room only "package" with tickets added? Thanks!

Yes, you can do that, but be aware that availability will affect your ability to do this. You might make an attraction you don't mind missing as first (in case you are late), followed by an E-Ticket, and for a third something that generally has decent FP availability. You can do FP #1 late in your window, then go directly to FP #2. Once you tap into FP #2, you can try to move up FP #3. You probably won't have too much luck moving up an E-Ticket/Headliner like 7DMT, but I have had luck with a number of rides at each park. If you only want to get to #4, you could FastPass something like the Tea Cups in Fantasyland, tap in and walk away (I did this once to get to #4 so I could reride Buzz Lightyear).

This is exactly what we do. It's best to book the hardest to get FP first thing and really #2 and #3 don't matter at all then because you will be modifying anyways (I still book them just in case). Within an hour or so of park opening you can be making additional FP's. In tiered parks this is especially useful.

To clarify, you don't have to use all 3, but you do have to have no remaining FastPasses for that day. You can prebook 1 or 2 FastPasses rather than 3 and once you use those book the rest of your first 3 at a different park. For example, I am doing Epcot. I book Frozen Ever After (Tier 1) and don't make any Tier 2 selections, I can make 2 FastPasses at another park as soon as I scan into Frozen. I have done this a number of times as other than Mission Space (didn't care for it) and Spaceship Earth, the rest of Tier 2 (Figment, Shorts, Nemo, Crush, and The Land) don't typically benefit from using FastPass (reasonable standby waits) unless you're trying to use up your first 3 to get a second Tier 1 at Epcot (FEA, TT, or Soarin). NOTE that you can also cancel any remaining FastPasses and make new ones at another park.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly. Let's say we were to do Epcot and DHS in the same day.
I would make one tier 1 FP for Epcot in the AM (Soarin) and not schedule any other rides. As soon as I tap into Soarin, I could make two fast pass reservations for DHS right? Could I FP a tier 1 in DHS? Like Rock n Roller coaster?

I created a thread for this but didn't get much traction so I'm going to try posting it here too.

I am somewhat familiar with the FP process. My DH and I have been going for a few years and I usually have no problems booking FPs. This year, we have a big family trip involving 3 separate MDE accounts. I'm trying to make sure everything is in order for our FP selection day. I am making all of the FP's for all 3 accounts.

I'll start with the important info:
-Elle (2 people)(onsite - annual pass holders)(Dates: 5/04/18 - 5/12/18)
-Kris (3 people)(room & ticket package)(Dates: 5/03/18 - 5/12/18)
-Amy (3 people)(offsite - tickets only)(Dates: 5/05/18 - 5/12/18)

From what I've been reading, the FP window for Kris should open up on Sunday 3/04/18. At this time, I should be able to book FP's for the full trip for Kris's group. I believe that I should also be able to book Elle's group and Amy's group at the same time (so long as a member of Kris's group is booked on the same FP as Amy's group). Does that sound right?

Another question. Do I have to be signed into Kris's account to book the FPs? Or can I be signed into my account (Elle) and book them, since we are all on friends and family?

Are Fastpass reservations linked to our length of stay at our resort or to how many days are on our tickets? We are planning on a short 2 night stay onsite at POR then moving offsite for 5 more nights, but have a 7-day ticket. Can we make FASTPASS reservations at the 60-day window for all 7 days of our ticket or just the 2 for the 2 nights we are staying onsite? Thanks!

Are Fastpass reservations linked to our length of stay at our resort or to how many days are on our tickets? We are planning on a short 2 night stay onsite at POR then moving offsite for 5 more nights, but have a 7-day ticket. Can we make FASTPASS reservations at the 60-day window for all 7 days of our ticket or just the 2 for the 2 nights we are staying onsite? Thanks!

From post #4, regarding Split Stays:

Onsite Stay followed by Offsite Stay
  • Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

[Accidentally chopped the rest of my post :(]

The total number of days you can book are limited by your tickets, so you can book 7 total days within the window you have at the time as dictated above. Initially, unless you want to book FP for the days before your stay, you'll be able to book the first 3 days only (check-in through check-out days), and then the remaining days can be done 60 days from the day in question. [Or, as hiro points out below this post :)]

Last edited:
days are on our tickets?
The total number of days for pre-booked FPs corresponds to the length of your tickets.

just the 2 for the 2 nights we are staying onsite? Thanks!
When your FP window opens, you can book for check-in through checkout day at POR.

Then for the rest of your park days, you can book at exactly 60 days out from each offsite park day. See the Split Stay section linked in the above post.

Its my booking day and I need a little help (apologies for not reading through this entire thread to look for this first).

We have 5 people arriving 5/4 on two reservations, and two additional arriving on 5/7 on a separate reservation. Is it correct that I cannot book for the late arriving party until 60 days out from their arrival? I thought since we're all linked I could book for all for the week but I cannot. Can I not book anything for them until 3/8?

Thanks!

Its my booking day and I need a little help (apologies for not reading through this entire thread to look for this first).

We have 5 people arriving 5/4 on two reservations, and two additional arriving on 5/7 on a separate reservation. Is it correct that I cannot book for the late arriving party until 60 days out from their arrival? I thought since we're all linked I could book for all for the week but I cannot. Can I not book anything for them until 3/8?

Thanks!
If the people arriving on 5/7 purchased a package stay that included tickets, you cannot book for them. Their booking is tied to their own booking window because of the “package.”

If the people arriving on 5/7 purchased a package stay that included tickets, you cannot book for them. Their booking is tied to their own booking window because of the “package.”

Makes sense! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I will add them where I can once their window opens. Thank you for your help!!

I created a thread for this but didn't get much traction so I'm going to try posting it here too.

I am somewhat familiar with the FP process. My DH and I have been going for a few years and I usually have no problems booking FPs. This year, we have a big family trip involving 3 separate MDE accounts. I'm trying to make sure everything is in order for our FP selection day. I am making all of the FP's for all 3 accounts.

I'll start with the important info:
-Elle (2 people)(onsite - annual pass holders)(Dates: 5/04/18 - 5/12/18)
-Kris (3 people)(room & ticket package)(Dates: 5/03/18 - 5/12/18)
-Amy (3 people)(offsite - tickets only)(Dates: 5/05/18 - 5/12/18)

From what I've been reading, the FP window for Kris should open up on Sunday 3/04/18. At this time, I should be able to book FP's for the full trip for Kris's group. I believe that I should also be able to book Elle's group and Amy's group at the same time (so long as a member of Kris's group is booked on the same FP as Amy's group). Does that sound right?

Another question. Do I have to be signed into Kris's account to book the FPs? Or can I be signed into my account (Elle) and book them, since we are all on friends and family?

I just wanted to update this, in case it helps anyone else. I was able to book FP's for all 3 groups on Kris's FP day. I was able to make FP's from both my account (Elle) and Kris's account. I had no problem adding Amy's off-site group to our FP reservations 60 days out.

Made fastpasses today and very happy that I got everything I wanted including FoP for our arrival day. My only concern is on a day where we are doing the 8AM KTTK tour. It is 5 hours and I booked my first fastpass for SM at 1 PM. We should be fine even if our tour runs a little long, right?

Made fastpasses today and very happy that I got everything I wanted including FoP for our arrival day. My only concern is on a day where we are doing the 8AM KTTK tour. It is 5 hours and I booked my first fastpass for SM at 1 PM. We should be fine even if our tour runs a little long, right?

Technically, you have until 2:15 to tap in for your SM FP, so I would think you'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter