FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISers with Party Tickets used to book a day of FPs also received that Warning. Deleting a non-essential day is best or you’ll lose the last day of booked FPs.
I called the number in the email which appeared to be MDE support. They couldn't explain with certainty why I got the email but they did suspect that it was related to the DAH tickets. So that i wouldn't lose the fastpasses, she added something called FP Planning Key Cards to my account. They appear as tickets in MDE and I think they have the effect of adding another day of FP entitlements. I'm not sure if this is the correct resolution or not but I'm not complaining.

You can always try and see what happens. You have nothing to lose compared to others who were potentially able to lose AK FPs, etc.

No I was just trying to think things through. I have a 13 night stay, 10 day ticket (PH plus) and two DAH nights. I planned on
DAH 8/4
water park
days 1 -5 of 10 days ticket
water park & DAH 8/11
days 6 - 10 of 10 day ticket

So I wanted 12 days of fast passes, with Slinky and FOP on the last two days of the trip. So I run the risk of losing those if I book on the DAH days. I guess I'll book my regular 10 days on my 60 day mark, and then call to see if I can book on the 2 DAH days.

I read the section on split stays, but a scenario like mine was not addressed (I'll admit I didn't read all 227 pages). My wife and I will be spending 5 nights at AS Sports (package) prior to a 7-night Western on the Fantasy and then spend one night at AS Movies (room-only) before flying home. We will have 6 days of Park Hopper tickets. Here's how we plan to use them:

8/27 - 1st day
8/28 - 2nd
8/29 - 3rd
8/30 - 4th
8/31 - 5th
9/1 - 9/7 on the ship
9/8 - 6th day
9/9 depart
Our window to book FP+ opens on 6/28/18 and I'll book days 1 through 5 then. When/how can I book them for our 6th day in the parks since our tickets are associated with our first stay?

Thanks!
Chad

Last edited:
I read the section on split stays, but a scenario like mine was not addressed (I'll admit I didn't read all 227 pages). My wife and I will be spending 5 nights at AS Sports prior to a 7-night Western on the Fantasy and then spend one night at AS Movies before flying home. We will have 6 days of Park Hopper tickets. Here's how we plan to use them:

8/27 - 1st day
8/28 - 2nd
8/29 - 3rd
8/30 - 4th
8/31 - 5th
9/1 - 9/7 on the ship
9/8 - 6th day
9/9 depart
Our window to book FP+ opens on 6/28/18 and I'll book days 1 through 5 then. When/how can I book them for our 6th day in the parks since our tickets are associated with our first stay?

Thanks!
Chad

You'll be able to book for 9/8 on 7/11, which is 60 days prior to that day. It's a rolling 60 days forward.

You'll be able to book for 9/8 on 7/11, which is 60 days prior to that day. It's a rolling 60 days forward.

Thanks. My original post wasn't clear about one thing, the AS Movie stay is a room-only. The 6 days of tickets are part of the package associated with the pre-cruise AS Sports stay. Do I need to link the tickets (the 1 day remaining) with the AS Movies resort-only stay? I reckon the worst that can happen is it'll be a 30 day window for the last day...

Chad

Thanks. My original post wasn't clear about one thing, the AS Movie stay is a room-only. The 6 days of tickets are part of the package associated with the pre-cruise AS Sports stay. Do I need to link the tickets (the 1 day remaining) with the AS Movies resort-only stay? I reckon the worst that can happen is it'll be a 30 day window for the last day...

Chad

No, you don't need to do anything. Tickets aren't really linked to the resort stays. In the case of a package, you just don't really _have_ tickets until you are within the window (simplified explanation), but once you are, they stay.

No, you don't need to do anything. Tickets aren't really linked to the resort stays. In the case of a package, you just don't really _have_ tickets until you are within the window (simplified explanation), but once you are, they stay.

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing an AP for myself and continuing with PH tickets for the rest of my family. Can anyone tell me if the FP booking system would be different if I have a new AP for myself and 3 - 7 day park hoppers for the rest of my family? I would be booking for everyone 60 days before the trip. Nothing is planned yet, just trying to work out details so I can present a new option for an upcoming trip (maybe trips!) to the DH. Thank you for your help and any advice!!

I read the section on split stays, but a scenario like mine was not addressed (I'll admit I didn't read all 227 pages). My wife and I will be spending 5 nights at AS Sports (package) prior to a 7-night Western on the Fantasy and then spend one night at AS Movies (room-only) before flying home. We will have 6 days of Park Hopper tickets. Here's how we plan to use them:

8/27 - 1st day
8/28 - 2nd
8/29 - 3rd
8/30 - 4th
8/31 - 5th
9/1 - 9/7 on the ship
9/8 - 6th day
9/9 depart

Thanks!
Chad
You’ll be able to book for Day#6 on July 9th because Stay#1 rolls into Stay#2 and opens your FP booking 1 day early. So, 61 days prior to 9/8 is when you can book.

Hello! I didn’t see this question/answer on the sticky so thought I’d post for you experts.
We have several family members going and staying on site in different rooms but arriving at different days.
Our first person is arriving on August 11th. We are arriving on the 15th. Would our family who is arriving on the 11th be able to do our fastpasses for us when she books hers for the 15th? Her 60 days obviously starts before ours but we’d like to do everything as a group. Will we have to wait for my 60 day mark to book us all together?
Thanks in advance!

I have been reading that people are often able to book their FP+ reservations prior to the 60 day, 7am window. How far in advance and how often throughout the day do people suggest that I start checking for this? Our trip isn't until Septermber so I don't want to stress about it now if I have time before I should start checking this.

Thanks. (Listening to the Spaceship Earth ride on Sorcerer Radio right now. I am such a Disney nerd.)

Would our family who is arriving on the 11th be able to do our fastpasses for us when she books hers for the 15th?
Did the later arriving (15th) family members purchase their tickets separately and then linked them to MDX? Or, did they purchase room + tickets “packages” for their Stay?

If packages were booked, then no their FPs can’t be booked by the early arriver.

If separately linked tickets that are not part of a package booking, then yes.

How far in advance and how often throughout the day do people suggest that I start checking for this?
You really shouldn’t stress about a random glitch that is rarely reported. In some instances, it wasn’t even random - it occurs when one onsite stay booking window “rolls” into the next onsite stay window.

People report it as some “glitch” when it’s exactly how the FP system works. If you only have one stay booked, the probability of your FP window opening early is closer to being -0-.

Can you tell me if the following quote from page 1 of this thread is correct?

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (13 Attractions) Tiering

Tier 1/Group 1 (select no more than one)
A - Alien Swirling Saucers (opens 6/30)
A - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available) (moves to Tier 2 on 6/30)
A - Slinky Dog Dash (opens 6/30)
A - Toy Story Midway Mania (FP available 5/20-6/10, 6/30 and beyond)
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (Reserved Area) (moves to Tier 2 on 6/30)
C - Fantasmic! (Reserved Area @ left-front section) (moves to Tier 2 on 6/30)

I have been reading that people are often able to book their FP+ reservations prior to the 60 day, 7am window. How far in advance and how often throughout the day do people suggest that I start checking for this? Our trip isn't until Septermber so I don't want to stress about it now if I have time before I should start checking this.

Thanks. (Listening to the Spaceship Earth ride on Sorcerer Radio right now. I am such a Disney nerd.)

No. Its 7 am your booking window. Just did this recently, and I don't mean 6:59 either. (But of course you will be ready then!)

Can you tell me if the following quote from page 1 of this thread is correct?

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (13 Attractions) Tiering

Tier 1/Group 1 (select no more than one)
A - Alien Swirling Saucers (opens 6/30)
A - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available) (moves to Tier 2 on 6/30)
A - Slinky Dog Dash (opens 6/30)
A - Toy Story Midway Mania (FP available 5/20-6/10, 6/30 and beyond)
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (Reserved Area) (moves to Tier 2 on 6/30)
C - Fantasmic! (Reserved Area @ left-front section) (moves to Tier 2 on 6/30)
In regards to Tiering: yes - especially when you read the dates next to each Attraction.

In regards to Priority: yes - mesaboy2 knows his FP facts. :)

Did the later arriving (15th) family members purchase their tickets separately and then linked them to MDX? Or, did they purchase room + tickets “packages” for their Stay?

If packages were booked, then no their FPs can’t be booked by the early arriver.

If separately linked tickets that are not part of a package booking, then yes.
One family has annual passes. The other has separate tickets. How does it work with APs?

Thank you!

I am arriving 1 day ahead of my brother and will be staying at Pop. My brother arrives the next day when we all check in at the Contemporary. I have an AP and my brother bought his own tickets. Can I book his FP for him at the same time when I book mine at my 60 day window even though he will still be at day 61?

Thank you!

I am arriving 1 day ahead of my brother and will be staying at Pop. My brother arrives the next day when we all check in at the Contemporary. I have an AP and my brother bought his own tickets. Can I book his FP for him at the same time when I book mine at my 60 day window even though he will still be at day 61?

Thank you!
Yes as long as “his own tickets” were not purchased as part of a package at Contemp. If his tickets weren’t purchased separately, this won’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter