FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot, planned our Animal Kingdom day first of the trip, so missed out on FoP FastPasses. What to do now? Is a rope drop run the best solution?

Shoot, planned our Animal Kingdom day first of the trip, so missed out on FoP FastPasses. What to do now? Is a rope drop run the best solution?
Either rope drop or at the end of the night. And don’t give up hope - keep checking daily, and if park hours get extended, additional FPs will be released as well. Good luck!

Thanks! I knew someone here would take care of this. I also sent them an email today mentioning the error and page number, 36. I also said how much I enjoyed their book and website! ( the website has the correct time on the same feature- what to do at 60 days)
Len replied and the correction to the FP window opening will be addressed. :thumbsup2

How's availability for Alien Swirling Saucers? Can you usually pick it up at exactly 60 days? I'm thinking of adding an arrival evening at DHS and then saving the FP+ for SDD for later in the week.

Last edited:
I have a question about my ticket. We went in June and I purchased a package for my family. My oldest son did not go so I still have a 7 day park hopper ticket. I was able to reassign the ticket to me. I am planning a solo trip and plan to arrive on Oct 29 and I have a room reservation at Pop Century. In the Disney app I can see FP for the next 30 days. I just want to make sure I am understanding that on August 29 (60 days) I can make my FP selections for my trip. (I think I can, just want to make sure I did not messed sometime up) Another question I have is I purchased MNSSHP for Oct 31. Is this a separate ticket? If so, I can make FP with my 7 day Park Hopper during the day at another park and then use my MNSSHP to make additional FP for just the party in MK for the same day? (I think I can not do this). Apologizing in advance if the question(s) have been asked before or are oblivious. This will be my 3rd time to WDW and I am still learning.

Side note I am super excited for this trip. I have a friend that is doing the Disney College Program and I will meet up with her. It will be my first solo trip. I will get to do the Halloween party AND the Food and Wine! These are things I have only dreamed of doing!

I have no experience with booking tiered FP and park hopping. We are planning to go to HS and only plan to do Toy Story Land plus Star Tours. I’ve booked ST at 10:10 and TSM at 11:20. My son has a DAS, so we will get return times for AS2 and SDD.
If we are up to it, we’ve thought about heading to EPCOT for the afternoon. In order to book any FP at EPCOT, will I need use a third FP at HS? If so, can I just book something for early morning and let it expire?
Hope this makes sense!

I have no experience with booking tiered FP and park hopping. We are planning to go to HS and only plan to do Toy Story Land plus Star Tours. I’ve booked ST at 10:10 and TSM at 11:20. My son has a DAS, so we will get return times for AS2 and SDD.
If we are up to it, we’ve thought about heading to EPCOT for the afternoon. In order to book any FP at EPCOT, will I need use a third FP at HS? If so, can I just book something for early morning and let it expire?
Hope this makes sense!

Post #4 of the FP FAQ Addendum:
PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Myself, wife and son are checking into Pop Century on October 23rd and then we'll be moving to The Boardwalk on October 27th. When we move to The Boardwalk, my parents will be joining us for the remainder of the stay. My parents are linked to The Boardwalk stay only. Will I be able to book fast passes for all 5 of us 60 days from the 23rd (when we check into Pop Century), or will I have to wait until it's 60 days out from our Boardwalk stay?

Myself, wife and son are checking into Pop Century on October 23rd and then we'll be moving to The Boardwalk on October 27th. When we move to The Boardwalk, my parents will be joining us for the remainder of the stay. My parents are linked to The Boardwalk stay only. Will I be able to book fast passes for all 5 of us 60 days from the 23rd (when we check into Pop Century), or will I have to wait until it's 60 days out from our Boardwalk stay?

Do they have a package? From Post #3:
- For purposes of booking FPs, tickets bought as part of a Disney room/ticket package behave differently than tickets bought separately. This distinction has major implications for booking FPs in some situations. Put simply, package tickets are not valid for any dates prior to the room check-in date. Tickets bought separately are valid immediately. It is never advantageous to have package tickets if a guest will be at Disney before their package starts. Additionally, package tickets complicate FP booking scenarios where two linked groups arrive on separate dates.

I'm planning on linking all my families tickets under MDX today. I will have one son who will not be going with us on this upcoming trip but he is on my friends and family list. I'm assuming he will not show up when I'm booking fastpasses since he won't have a ticket linked? Just want to make sure so I'm not slowed down at all when it's GO TIME! :)

And another question, just to make sure....I'm feeling a bit of anxiety about all of this.....I assign the tickets to individuals as I link the tickets, correct? So I can write their names on as I link each ticket to the person?

I'm planning on linking all my families tickets under MDX today. I will have one son who will not be going with us on this upcoming trip but he is on my friends and family list. I'm assuming he will not show up when I'm booking fastpasses since he won't have a ticket linked? Just want to make sure so I'm not slowed down at all when it's GO TIME! :)

And another question, just to make sure....I'm feeling a bit of anxiety about all of this.....I assign the tickets to individuals as I link the tickets, correct? So I can write their names on as I link each ticket to the person?
You’ll see your complete list of family and friends. You can Select All and then deselect him.

Yes tickets are assigned as linked. You’d only need names if people don’t have MBs.

You’ll see your complete list of family and friends. You can Select All and then deselect him.

Yes tickets are assigned as linked. You’d only need names if people don’t have MBs.

I don't want to have to deselect him each time I make a fastpass, so I'll figure out how to remove him for now. Thanks!

Also, for some reason I forgot about magic bands (how could i??)!

Thank you!

....You’d only need names if people don’t have MBs.

....Also, for some reason I forgot about magic bands (how could i??)!

Thank you!

You might want to write names on tickets and bring them anyway. If you have kids in your party (or an adult who tends to lose things) you might need them. Last year two of our DGC lost their MBs, and our fun would have ended too soon if we hadn’t brought the tickets! :P

My annual pass expires on day 5 of my trip. I plan to renew but if it can’t renew until 60 days out from the day it expires does that mean I can’t make FP for the last few days of my trip (day 6 & 7)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter