FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so as soon as you enter the line for TT, look for FP availability for it for #4. :-)
Yeah, that was the plan. Normally I'd find a use for those 2 FPs at Epcot but we're embracing an entirely different touring style this trip. After 15+ trips I've decided to actually write and follow a touring plan for each day. Over the course of a bunch of trips I noticed that I became increasingly obsessed with maximizing what we accomplished. The problem was...I wasn't enjoying the trip in the moment. We would be on Small World and all I could worry about is getting a 5th, 6th, 7th FP, etc. So by doing this we could ride things 2, 3 even 4 times a trip...but only for the sake of saying we did it.

This trip, we will attempt ride a few headliners multiple times (Slinky, Frozen, Soarin, SDMT, etc.) but mostly just take a methodical approach through the park and enjoy each show, ride, attraction, character once. We have multiple days in all parks but AK. And the nice part is, if I don't get a good 4th FP that day at Epcot, it's no big deal. We'll just walk back to our resort and enjoy the ambiance! If you can't tell, I am really looking forward to the trip! I love analyzing how our touring strategy has evolved over the past decade.

Yeah, that was the plan. Normally I'd find a use for those 2 FPs at Epcot but we're embracing an entirely different touring style this trip. After 15+ trips I've decided to actually write and follow a touring plan for each day. Over the course of a bunch of trips I noticed that I became increasingly obsessed with maximizing what we accomplished. The problem was...I wasn't enjoying the trip in the moment. We would be on Small World and all I could worry about is getting a 5th, 6th, 7th FP, etc. So by doing this we could ride things 2, 3 even 4 times a trip...but only for the sake of saying we did it.

This trip, we will attempt ride a few headliners multiple times (Slinky, Frozen, Soarin, SDMT, etc.) but mostly just take a methodical approach through the park and enjoy each show, ride, attraction, character once. We have multiple days in all parks but AK. And the nice part is, if I don't get a good 4th FP that day at Epcot, it's no big deal. We'll just walk back to our resort and enjoy the ambiance! If you can't tell, I am really looking forward to the trip! I love analyzing how our touring strategy has evolved over the past decade.

For me, being able to use the FP well has allowed me to relax my touring and enjoy all the rides. I do catch myself from time to time trying to get the headliners over and over just because I can but for the most part we just tour through the park and I get FP's for the rides that we want to do as we head to a certain area. Without FP's I would be more likely to be stressed and to skip rides because I don't want to wait that long. Then we use shows and non-FP rides as filler where needed. Now FOP is a different story.....though my daughter prefers to just work our way through the parks and hit all the rides as we go, if a FOP FP comes up she's willing to drop everything and ride it multiple times lol

For me, being able to use the FP well has allowed me to relax my touring and enjoy all the rides. I do catch myself from time to time trying to get the headliners over and over just because I can but for the most part we just tour through the park and I get FP's for the rides that we want to do as we head to a certain area. Without FP's I would be more likely to be stressed and to skip rides because I don't want to wait that long. Then we use shows and non-FP rides as filler where needed. Now FOP is a different story.....though my daughter prefers to just work our way through the parks and hit all the rides as we go, if a FOP FP comes up she's willing to drop everything and ride it multiple times lol
Yeah - we still plan to use FP. Just not in a “crazy I need 10 FPs a day exploit every loophole known to man” kind of way. And we’re not going to try to ride small stuff multiple times. I don’t need to ride Nemo, Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth 3 times to call it a successful trip lol! Hence with 2 days at Epcot (and the fact that most of the tier 2 stuff doesn’t even need a FP) we don’t even have a use for some of our “allotment”. :)

I am sure this is answered somewhere, I want to look at fastpass availability in HS. I have already secured FP for that park but am thinking about switching days due to CP narrator but don’t want to lose my FP in case there are no “good” ones available.

I am sure this is answered somewhere, I want to look at fastpass availability in HS. I have already secured FP for that park but am thinking about switching days due to CP narrator but don’t want to lose my FP in case there are no “good” ones available.
You will be unable to look at a day where FPs are not currently booked unless you have an extra day of tickets, unfortunately.

I think you should be able to do this. You just have to click "continue with this guest" for each person when it says you have plans at another park. As long as you back out of it without choosing or saving any fastpass selections it will leave your original choices alone.

upload_2018-11-23_10-22-26.png

One thing I did notice, if you have already reserved fp+ for the total number of days on your ticket and you click Add Fastpass, if you don't choose a day you already have fp+ for it will say you have already used your allotment or something like that. So, if you want to check about switching parks/days, just make sure you are checking on a day you already have fp+ selections for (at another park). I hope this makes sense!

A will this work question? First half of our stay is offsite with two MK days, 2nd half on-site. I realize we get the 60+ from the day we check in, and my understanding is at the check in 60 days we can do our selections for the two days the week before. We’re doing a room only booking.

Here’s where it may get tricky, or I’m just not sure. The two days during the offsite stay my daughter’s friend is joining us. She will have her own ticket and not staying with us the following week. If I attach her to my MDE will I be able to make FP times for her at the same time?

A will this work question? First half of our stay is offsite with two MK days, 2nd half on-site. I realize we get the 60+ from the day we check in, and my understanding is at the check in 60 days we can do our selections for the two days the week before. We’re doing a room only booking.

Here’s where it may get tricky, or I’m just not sure. The two days during the offsite stay my daughter’s friend is joining us. She will have her own ticket and not staying with us the following week. If I attach her to my MDE will I be able to make FP times for her at the same time?

Last bullet applies:
Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Swan, Dolphin, or Shades Of Green resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at any of the following Disney Springs-area hotels and valid tickets linked to an MDX account: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort, DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace, Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Orlando, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.
  • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked

Can you book FPs at the same time on 2 different devices? FP day is 12/26, so I'm wondering if DH can use my account to book FP at the same time I'm booking FP on my phone?

Fast passes window tomorrow morning at 7 and I suddenly thought of something.
Can two people sharing planning for their trip from their two different MDX accounts work on making fast passes for two different park days at the same time?
Or will we crash, glitch, and totally mess things up?

Fast passes window tomorrow morning at 7 and I suddenly thought of something.
Can two people sharing planning for their trip from their two different MDX accounts work on making fast passes for two different park days at the same time?
Or will we crash, glitch, and totally mess things up?
You’ll be fine. Most use 1 MDX account to book FPs on 2 or more devices.

After using your first FP on a particular ride, is it possible to modify your 2nd or 3rd FP to that original ride? I'm assuming the answer is no, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

In this particular case, my kids REALLY want to go on Star Tours (again and again) and it is our first scheduled FP of the day (with Slinky Dog in the early afternoon). I don't really want to waste a FP on a show, and my kids are too scared/small to go on either Rock 'N Coaster or Tower of Terror. But I also realize I cannot get that coveted 4th FP for Star Tours without consuming the 3rd FP *somewhere*. Possibly I could book the 3rd FP for something early morning and just beep us all through without actually riding the ride just to get rid of it, and hopefully book a 4th FP while in line for Slinky Dog. But in theory, could I perhaps book Tower of Terror and then AFTER going through Star Tours, could I modify that Tower of Terror FP into Star Tours?

After using your first FP on a particular ride, is it possible to modify your 2nd or 3rd FP to that original ride? I'm assuming the answer is no, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

In this particular case, my kids REALLY want to go on Star Tours (again and again) and it is our first scheduled FP of the day (with Slinky Dog in the early afternoon). I don't really want to waste a FP on a show, and my kids are too scared/small to go on either Rock 'N Coaster or Tower of Terror. But I also realize I cannot get that coveted 4th FP for Star Tours without consuming the 3rd FP *somewhere*. Possibly I could book the 3rd FP for something early morning and just beep us all through without actually riding the ride just to get rid of it, and hopefully book a 4th FP while in line for Slinky Dog. But in theory, could I perhaps book Tower of Terror and then AFTER going through Star Tours, could I modify that Tower of Terror FP into Star Tours?

No, the first 3 have to be different. SDD is going to block you from adding it again until after you use that FP. But yes, you could just burn your 2nd tier 2 FP if you want or just use it for a show since you're just looking to burn it anyways.

Thank you all for the all the great info in this thread! 273 pages! Wow!

With that said, I apologize in advance for what I'm sure has been asked and answered multiple times -- but I don't have the capacity to read through the entire thread (I did attempt a search, but to no avail.)

What happens to unused FP+s? Or, more specifically, what is the consequence of 1 or more members of a party not using a FP+?

I will be traveling to WDW next June with my wife, 2 teen kids, and 2 senior citizen grandparents. The grandparents say they are up for almost anything (no RnR or ToT), but I could easily see Grandma opting to pass at the last moment on, say, BTMR. If the whole group has FP+s for BTMR, and only 5 are used, what is the consequence of Grandma not using that FP+? (Could another member of the party use the FP+? How will an unused FP+ impact additional FP+ reservations?)

With that said, I apologize in advance for what I'm sure has been asked and answered multiple times -- but I don't have the capacity to read through the entire thread (I did attempt a search, but to no avail.)

What happens to unused FP+s? Or, more specifically, what is the consequence of 1 or more members of a party not using a FP+?

I will be traveling to WDW next June with my wife, 2 teen kids, and 2 senior citizen grandparents. The grandparents say they are up for almost anything (no RnR or ToT), but I could easily see Grandma opting to pass at the last moment on, say, BTMR. If the whole group has FP+s for BTMR, and only 5 are used, what is the consequence of Grandma not using that FP+?
G-Ma’s FP will expire at the end of the hour which can hamper your next FP booking if her FP hasn’t yet expired.

You can allow someone else in the group to take her MB and scan in for another ride.

I will be traveling to WDW next June with my wife, 2 teen kids, and 2 senior citizen grandparents. The grandparents say they are up for almost anything (no RnR or ToT), but I could easily see Grandma opting to pass at the last moment on, say, BTMR. If the whole group has FP+s for BTMR, and only 5 are used, what is the consequence of Grandma not using that FP+? (Could another member of the party use the FP+? How will an unused FP+ impact additional FP+ reservations?)

G-Ma’s FP will expire at the end of the hour which can hamper your next FP booking if her FP hasn’t yet expired.

You can allow someone else in the group to take her MB and scan in for another ride.

Or, Grandma can scan in and walk through the queue with the rest of the family and then simply tell the CM at boarding that she's not going to ride. There's always an exit for non-riders. That would allow her to enjoy the theming of the queue as well as spend time with the rest of the family instead of sitting outside somewhere waiting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts