FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional FPs are not added at a later date, but if a FP is released by another guest it does become available for you to pick up. And as people change plans all the time, definitely keep checking! I’ve beeb able to obtain many FPs after my 60 day window by diligently checking. Good luck!
Thanks for your help. Will definitely keep checking!!!

A few multiple experience FP were given to us, including my one year old who has a Magicband but no ticket. Can my older son use his Magicband to use his FP?!

A few multiple experience FP were given to us, including my one year old who has a Magicband but no ticket. Can my older son use his Magicband to use his FP?!
The FP system will ID that FP as valid and your son can ride the attraction.

Additionally, the FP is checked against the valid ticket data and because a linked valid ticket hasn’t been used to enter the park, the system will “lock” the MDX account.

You won’t be able to book additional FPs with your account.

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading the beginning of this thread to try and find the answer but cannot seem to find anything that helps. I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I am staying onsite for 5 nights and our friends are staying onsite for the last 3 nights. They are linked to me on MDE and I’m in charge of booking everyone’s FP’s. I understand I can book my FP’s at 60+5, can I only book theirs at 60+3?

Many thanks xx

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading the beginning of this thread to try and find the answer but cannot seem to find anything that helps. I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I am staying onsite for 5 nights and our friends are staying onsite for the last 3 nights. They are linked to me on MDE and I’m in charge of booking everyone’s FP’s. I understand I can book my FP’s at 60+5, can I only book theirs at 60+3?

Many thanks xx
If they purchased their tickets separately and not as part of a package, you can book for them when your window opens.

From the Booking Section regarding the 60-day booking:

Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

If they have a package, they have to wait.

Just a curious question about getting FP's for Flight of Passage. I just got back from WDW a week ago and did the rope drop at AK for Flight of Passage (got in with ZERO wait time and walked straight into the ride, I highly recommend this method) however the screen was busted so they gave us a free FP right after we exited which was cool. We used this extra FP on Flight of Passage again later that evening.

Anyways...long story short....how do people get FP's for it? I tried literally the day I could book them with our reservation (60 days in advance). Got up extra early, sat in front of my computer BEFORE I was eligible and I have really fast internet...as soon as the second hit and the clock struck 7 am (which is when you can start locking them up) I tried for it and...gasp....NOTHING. ALL GONE. ZILCH. I cant stress enough that at literally 7 o'clock and 1 second there was no available times during the day.

HOW?! HOOOOOW?!?!?! Is it due to people in other time zones snagging them all up? IE: The Brits snagging them since they are 5 hours ahead? I cant imagine that is the reason. Did Disney turn off FP's for it?? I just dont see how there was not one single time slot available at as soon as it should have been.

Last edited:
Just a curious question about getting FP's for Flight of Passage. I just got back from WDW a week ago and did the rope drop at AK for Flight of Passage (got in with ZERO wait time and walked straight into the ride, I highly recommend this method) however the screen was busted so they gave us a free FP right after we exited which was cool. We used this extra FP on Flight of Passage again later that evening.

Anyways...long story short....how do people get FP's for it? I tried literally the day I could book them with our reservation (60 days in advance). Got up extra early, sat in front of my computer BEFORE I was eligible and I have really fast internet...as soon as the second hit and the clock struck 7 am (which is when you can start locking them up) I tried for it and...gasp....NOTHING. ALL GONE. ZILCH. I cant stress enough that at literally 7 o'clock and 1 second there was no available times during the day.

HOW?! HOOOOOW?!?!?! Is it due to people in other time zones snagging them all up? IE: The Brits snagging them since they are 5 hours ahead? I cant imagine that is the reason. Did Disney turn off FP's for it?? I just dont see how there was not one single time slot available at as soon as it should have been.

The window opens at the same time of day for everyone. What day of your trip were you trying to book it for? People can book up to 10 days when their window opens so your first days have already been booked by people who overlap your trip.

The window opens at the same time of day for everyone. What day of your trip were you trying to book it for? People can book up to 10 days when their window opens so your first days have already been booked by people who overlap your trip.

Ahhhhh I get what you are saying. We arrived on Dec 9th (tried to get the passes for the Tuesday Dec 11). So if someone has a vacay starting on Dec 6th then they can book FPs for the 11th and overlap me. I get it, makes sense but damn thats savage.

Ahhhhh I get what you are saying. We arrived on Dec 9th (tried to get the passes for the Tuesday Dec 11). So if someone has a vacay starting on Dec 6th then they can book FPs for the 11th and overlap me. I get it, makes sense but damn thats savage.
Yep. Lately it needs to be a minimum of day 3 of your trip for a good shot.

Slinky Dog Dash or Midway Mania for FP+?

DH and I LOVE Midway mania and have a history of missing rope drop (sleepyheads). should we try for Today Story Midway mania as close to opening as possible or SDD? I currently have a FP+ for SDD, but wondering if I should try to change it. Also, I have our first FP+ at the little mermaid sham at 9:40 am. Will there be time to do TSMM before we go to that show?
TIA

SDD as TSM wait time is less. Very short if you wait til evening. And yes about the show if you get to park on time. You don’t even need fp for mermaid show btw.

Additional FPs are not added at a later date, but if a FP is released by another guest it does become available for you to pick up. And as people change plans all the time, definitely keep checking! I’ve beeb able to obtain many FPs after my 60 day window by diligently checking. Good luck!

FP are added at a later date, happens every day.

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this, and I don’t make a mess of trying to explain it-
2 adults, 2 Disney adults
Booked package thru a travel agent special 7/4-7/8 at Polynesian with 7 day tickets
Booked room only through Priceline 7/8-7/11 AKL Jambo Villas
If the kids are not added to the second reservation(Priceline), can I still make fast passes for them for day 5,6,7 since they are linked on MDE with 7 day tickets?
Both reservations are in MDE but the kids are not listed in AKL

SDD as TSM wait time is less. Very short if you wait til evening. And yes about the show if you get to park on time. You don’t even need fp for mermaid show btw.

Thanks! Yes, it is a throwaway that we will scan and mybe not even bother to go see. We might to fill time, if nothing else available and if there is enough time to see it and not impact anything else. The issue is that we don't really want to do any rides that need a FP+ in DHS except tier 1 rides. So, I want to get rid of the 2 second tier rides ASAP so that i can book more Tier 1 rides, even in another park, perhaps, if that makes sense.

At this point still working out my options.....I'm not good with these FP+ strategies.

Thanks! Yes, it is a throwaway that we will scan and mybe not even bother to go see. We might to fill time, if nothing else available and if there is enough time to see it and not impact anything else. The issue is that we don't really want to do any rides that need a FP+ in DHS except tier 1 rides. So, I want to get rid of the 2 second tier rides ASAP so that i can book more Tier 1 rides, even in another park, perhaps, if that makes sense.

At this point still working out my options.....I'm not good with these FP+ strategies.

If you're just wanting to do a Tier 1 at HS and then add a Tier 1 at a different park, don't bother making any Tier 2 rides at HS. Once you tap into your Tier 1 at HS go in and add rides at the 2nd park.

FP are added at a later date, happens every day.
FPs are added back into the pool if someone drops a prior selection, yes, or if ride capacity is adjusted, but OP was asking if there was a new FP “dump” at the 30 day mark for offsite guests, which there is not, and that is the question I was responding to.

Merry Christmas everyone! I am not new to WDW, but new to connecting accounts. Seriously, just helping a friend! LOL! Their FP day is next week. Not really relevant. But checking some other bases. Am I correct? The person who made the reservation is the only one who can order Magic Bands.

Last edited:
Is there a strategy to make it possible to pre-book one FP in the morning for one park and then be able to book your next fast pass day-of in the second park without having to use the first three FPs in the morning park?

Ive read that some people may book the 3 initial and then cancel two. Does this work?

Last edited:
Is there a strategy to make it possible to pre-book one FP in the morning for one park and then be able to book your next fast pass day-of in the second park without having ito use the first three FPs in the morning park?

Ive read that some people may book the 3 initial and then cancel two. Does this work?

You could just book 1 FP and then as soon as you tap that FP you could add FP's in the second park. The same can be accomplished by having 3 FP's in park one, tapping the first FP, then cancelling the others and adding at a different park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter