FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m apologizing in advance as I am sure the answer is somewhere in the 283 pages of posts, but hopeful someone can help me anyway. If I pre-book just a group A fast pass for a day at Epcot, but choose not to book any group B ones, would I have the option of booking another A attraction after I use my first one if any are still available for the day? Thank you so much

I’m apologizing in advance as I am sure the answer is somewhere in the 283 pages of posts, but hopeful someone can help me anyway. If I pre-book just a group A fast pass for a day at Epcot, but choose not to book any group B ones, would I have the option of booking another A attraction after I use my first one if any are still available for the day? Thank you so much

If I'm remembering correctly, you HAVE to book 2 Tier 2s (Group B) with that Tier 1 before it will allow you that second Tier 1 (Group A). @mesaboy2 has this on the first page of this thread.

I just found the information for you, but please go to the first page of this thread and see for yourself. I bolded what you were asking about for importance.

Parks With FP Tiering

In Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, FP attractions are divided into two groups, also known as tiers. Guests are able to make up to one selection from Group 1, and up to two selections from Group 2. Alternatively, guests can also make all three selections from Group 2 if desired.

A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

Last edited:
Trying to help a friend. She and in-laws each have a package booked. FP day is Wednesday. I've assured her that even though she can't manage the in-laws actual reservation, as long as they are listed as Family and Friends (or whatever the term is) on my friend's MDE, she will be able to book everybody's FP on her day. Is there anything special she needs to do, or will everybody's info pop up when she goes to make her FP choices?

Trying to help a friend. She and in-laws each have a package booked. FP day is Wednesday. I've assured her that even though she can't manage the in-laws actual reservation, as long as they are listed as Family and Friends (or whatever the term is) on my friend's MDE, she will be able to book everybody's FP on her day. Is there anything special she needs to do, or will everybody's info pop up when she goes to make her FP choices?
Correct. As long as everyone is linked, and Wednesday is the FP day for both reservations, they’ll be good to go!

How many fastpasses can you get in a day? I thought it was limited to 2 additional FP (on top of your initial 3). Is that still correct? Or can you now get more then 5 FP in a day? If so does that change your FP+ strategy for times, etc?

How many fastpasses can you get in a day? I thought it was limited to 2 additional FP (on top of your initial 3). Is that still correct? Or can you now get more then 5 FP in a day? If so does that change your FP+ strategy for times, etc?

There has never been a limit. After the first three prescheduled ones, you can get as many as you like one-at-a-time.

There has never been a limit. After the first three prescheduled ones, you can get as many as you like one-at-a-time.

Thanks! So then is it a better use to wait until 10 to use your first FP or would a better use be to start them even earlier in the morning to try to get more throughout the afternoon?

Thanks! So then is it a better use to wait until 10 to use your first FP or would a better use be to start them even earlier in the morning to try to get more throughout the afternoon?
I use them early and often. In a tiered park I like to be done with 3 FP's within the first hour of park open.

(Most of the time we book a larger window of days for hotels until we have our flights confirmed (allows for more flexibility).

If we have an onsite resort booked for 2 weeks, have 7-day non-date-based tickets, pick our FPs for the second week of the 2 weeks at the resort, will our FPs stay if we amend our resort and remove the first week once we book our flights?)

I assume your FP's will remain the same since you are not cancelling your reservation but only modifying it. You will still be onsite the days that you made the FP's for.

We will be doing a 12 night trip in June, we know that we are going to have a down day or two, but we don't necessarily know for sure which of the days will be a down day. My question is this: Is there any issue with making FP+ reservations for a day and then never going to the park that day (and obviously not using the FP+ for that day since we aren't in the parks, I am not advocating breaking any rules in the slightest, this is about not showing up to the park and not using the FP+)?

It seems unfair from the standpoint that this could take away someone else's ability to get a FP+ on these days, but then there's the other side where people have issues where they can't get into the park for whatever reasons.

(Most of the time we book a larger window of days for hotels until we have our flights confirmed (allows for more flexibility).

If we have an onsite resort booked for 2 weeks, have 7-day non-date-based tickets, pick our FPs for the second week of the 2 weeks at the resort, will our FPs stay if we amend our resort and remove the first week once we book our flights?)

I assume your FP's will remain the same since you are not cancelling your reservation but only modifying it. You will still be onsite the days that you made the FP's for.
Let's say you are currently booked June 1-14, that would put your 60 day window at about April 1, so on April 1 you log in and make your FP+ reservations.

Then a month or so later you change your dates to June 7-14, well your 60 day window should have been April 7th, my understanding is that Disney may cancel FP+ reservations in this instance, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

We will be doing a 12 night trip in June, we know that we are going to have a down day or two, but we don't necessarily know for sure which of the days will be a down day. My question is this: Is there any issue with making FP+ reservations for a day and then never going to the park that day (and obviously not using the FP+ for that day since we aren't in the parks, I am not advocating breaking any rules in the slightest, this is about not showing up to the park and not using the FP+)?

It seems unfair from the standpoint that this could take away someone else's ability to get a FP+ on these days, but then there's the other side where people have issues where they can't get into the park for whatever reasons.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I don't believe you would have a problem with that. If you don't go to the park that day, just simply cancel those FPs. That way, you open it up for a person who may be looking that day in the park or even someone coming to the park who couldn't get that ride on their 30 or 60 day window. If someone knows better, I hope they will chime in.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I don't believe you would have a problem with that. If you don't go to the park that day, just simply cancel those FPs. That way, you open it up for a person who may be looking that day in the park or even someone coming to the park who couldn't get that ride on their 30 or 60 day window. If someone knows better, I hope they will chime in.
Yes, I would cancel them for that reason, but just want to make sure.

I am so confused!

I have a room only resort stay 4/21-4/26. 2-day DBT that are valid beginning 4/23.

Does my FP window begin 60 days prior to 4/21 or 60 days prior to 4/23?

Thank you!

This is the second time we will be scheduling FP+ at 60 days, but this time with multiple groups. Our whole group has 11 people. My personal group has 3. My group will check in on 6/14 but not be in the parks. The other two groups are checking in 6/15 prior to going to the parks. Since we are linked as F&F I know I can pick all of the fast passes.

My question is can I book everyone on 4/15 or just my group of three? If not should I go ahead and book for the three of us and then add the others the next day or just wait until everyone opens up? It seems to me when I did this before that I did everyone’s at the same time but that was 2016 and I’m not 100% sure if we came in on the same date.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!!!

I am so confused!

I have a room only resort stay 4/21-4/26. 2-day DBT that are valid beginning 4/23.

Does my FP window begin 60 days prior to 4/21 or 60 days prior to 4/23?

Thank you!

Should be 60 days prior to 4/21, but only for the dates of your DBTs.

This is the second time we will be scheduling FP+ at 60 days, but this time with multiple groups. Our whole group has 11 people. My personal group has 3. My group will check in on 6/14 but not be in the parks. The other two groups are checking in 6/15 prior to going to the parks. Since we are linked as F&F I know I can pick all of the fast passes.

My question is can I book everyone on 4/15 or just my group of three? If not should I go ahead and book for the three of us and then add the others the next day or just wait until everyone opens up? It seems to me when I did this before that I did everyone’s at the same time but that was 2016 and I’m not 100% sure if we came in on the same date.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!!!

Are the different group reservations packages or room-only?

All three are packages. Two are booked with Disney one with a TA if that makes a difference.

Then no, sorry. You will not be able to book for the later-arriving groups on your day. Their booking window will open the day after yours since their check-in day is one day later. Excerpted from the Booking Windows post:
- For purposes of booking FPs, tickets bought as part of a Disney room/ticket package behave differently than tickets bought separately. This distinction has major implications for booking FPs in some situations. Put simply, package tickets are not valid for any dates prior to the room check-in date. It is never advantageous to have package tickets if a guest will be at Disney before their package starts. Additionally, package tickets complicate FP booking scenarios where two linked groups arrive on separate dates.

Depending on what attractions you plan to FP, it may or may not make sense to book yours first. If FOP or SDD, you should probably get them ASAP. For most others, you may want to wait a day for ease of planning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!