FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, I've tried reading most of this thread, but let me see if I've got it straight. Background: going to a conference, we have two-day (non-hopper) tickets that don't have a date on them. Staying at AK for 4 nights, then to a Disney Springs hotel or possibly off-site. (We have multiple reservations, not sure which to keep.) Have not linked Disney Springs reservations (yet). We plan to go to MK on last night of AK stay, then HS two days later.

1. Under the old system, I could book MK FPs 60+4 days out for dates during my stay (which MDE says is tomorrow morning). And then before the changes, I would be able to book FPs 60 + 0 days out for any days after the end of our AK stay. Are those old rules now (or now back) in force?
2. If I added the second hotel reservation, in theory I should be able to book FPs for the later park day 60+2 days out from the second reservation (we'd be going to HS the day before departure). But I'm worried that adding a second reservation might screw everything up (plus, I'm not entirely sure which one I'm keeping, so potential cancellation issues). Am I better off waiting until 60+0 days to book?
3. If I should add a second reservation, should I do it today (before my FP window opens tomorrow), or after I book FPs tomorrow for MK? There's no chance adding a second reservation would delete my FPs, right?

It seems like FPs are more plentiful in MK, I wish we were visiting HS first. We're doing MK first because (a) we got ADR at Be My Guest for 8am (it's an EMM day but still seems nice to avoid linedrop); and (b) TouringPlans says it's only a 6 that day, but will be a 7 or 8 on the other possible days. If we switched, we could "benefit" from EMH for HS - but it just seems like HS doesn't have enough rides to keep the kids occupied all day, and more people coming for EMH seems like more lines. (But no avoiding it, son is obsessed with Star Wars.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
1. Under the old system, I could book MK FPs 60+4 days out for dates during my stay (which MDE says is tomorrow morning). And then before February, I would be able to book FPs 60 + 0 days out for any days after the end of our AK stay. Are those old rules now (or now back) in force?
This no longer applies to your offsite days.
30 days out from each offsite park day is when you book your FPs unless your stay is at DSprings then your complete window will be open.
Disney Springs Hotels: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2019: *No Packages Needed*

Am I better off waiting until 60+0 days to book?
Not even a possibility for offsite.

3. If I should add a second reservation, should I do it today (before my FP window opens tomorrow), or after I book FPs tomorrow for MK? There's no chance adding a second reservation would delete my FPs, right?
Add if you plan to use another onsite/DSprings reservation. Adding then canceling can’t be discussed on TPAS.

Thanks - so they didn't undo that change?

Adding then canceling can’t be discussed on TPAS.
Not planning to take advantage by cancelling, it's a question of ordering... we haven't decided whether we should stay in a nicer place or a less-nice place... does it make sense to stay in a nice hotel when we'll be getting back at 1130pm and then wanting to run off early to another park? Would their system totally freak out if we added two different Disney Springs reservations?

If I linked a second reservation, what would it do?
- Would it add backwards onto the AK stay backwards (to allow booking at 60+8 instead of 60+5)
- Would I be able to book at 60+5 during those dates as well?
- Would it allow me to book at 60+3 from the date of that stay?
Sorry, I've read hundreds of posts and I'm still confused.

If I linked a second reservation, what would it do?
- Would it add backwards onto the AK stay backwards (to allow booking at 60+8 instead of 60+5)
- Would I be able to book at 60+5 during those dates as well?
- Would it allow me to book at 60+3 from the date of that stay?
Sorry, I've read hundreds of posts and I'm still confused.
When your FP window opens 60 days prior to Stay#1, book for all of your park days (Stay#1 + Stay#2) if you’ve linked your DSprings stay.

My friend, who's visiting in January 2020 and I (June 2020) were discussing this today. According to old articles from Dis, WDW Magic, and WDW Prep school if you book a partial stay onsite with the second part of your trip off site you can book FP 60 days out for your entire onsite trip and then get a rolling 60 day window for your remaining ticket length. I had never heard this before. My question is did this change this year with the other FP changes, or is it still true. I also read this applies to Dining reservations as well with the 180 + 10.

My question is did this change this year with the other FP changes,
Yes, it changed.

Offsite stay portions can now only be booked 30 days out from each park day. Dining reservations aren’t addressed in the FP FAQ - Disney Restaurants Board has a Reservation sub forum.

Thanks - I could add Disney Spring reservations with minimum hiccups. Fingers crossed that Disney doesn't change its rules again before tomorrow 7am, would be great to get the Slinky Dog! (Our HS plans are after the end of the AK stay, during a stay at the Palace.)

Thanks hiro - I will call your name befitting if this works!

Thanks hiro - I will call your name befitting if this works![/QUOTE]
Yes, it changed.

Offsite stay portions can now only be booked 30 days out from each park day. Dining reservations aren’t addressed in the FP FAQ - Disney Restaurants Board has a Reservation sub forum.

Well, what you suggested didn't work. I was able to book only for the entirety of the initial stay, not in the second stay. The second stay is in my plans, but no fp availability.

maybe it would work better if both were on Disney resorts.

I guess we're glad to be a useful data point but I wish it were a different conclusion.

The second stay is in my plans, but no fp availability.
You can call IT or wait until your DSprings window opens in a couple of days to finish booking. You have a Split Stay so you should call IT.

Or, it’s because the FP system hasn’t yet recognized the DSprings reservation. It can take a day or two. That’s why Reservations should be linked as soon as you have a Confirmation #.

I called, they said it didn't count as a "continuous stay" because part in Disney Springs.
DSprings has always counted as a Split Stay... I oversee the DSprings FP FAQ thread and there hasn’t been problems with Splits.

It’s more likely your reservation hasn’t merged into the FP system. Just keep checking or wait until your DSprings window opens.

Guests who book a Disney onsite resort wait a few hours or more for the FP system to acknowledge the reservation.

In the future, always link all valid reservations to your MDX account as soon as you’ve confirmed them.

I called, they said it didn't count as a "continuous stay" because part in Disney Springs.
I called back, it got escalated, they said Disney Springs stays are not treated as continuations of Disney resort stays. Maybe (as you say) the system will do something in a day or two, but at this point it looks like no slinky dog for us.

I called back, it got escalated, they said Disney Springs stays are not treated as continuations of Disney resort stays. Maybe (as you say) the system will do something in a day or two, but at this point it looks like no slinky dog for us.
That’s too bad as it has always been treated as a Split Stay since it began in 2018. No one on the Orlando board has reported any problems. They may be telling you that because your reservation hasn’t yet been merged into the FP system and it’s the easiest explanation for them to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter