FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you use 3 FP’s, can you book a tier 1 pass again in that park? If so, do people just get a FP swiped to fill this obligation, but then skip a ride/show (like voyage to little mermaids)?
Yes to all.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM STICKY where there are tips for acquiring the 2nd Tier 1 FP in a faster manner.

I am sorry if the answer is easily accessible on here, i looked, but we are staying at a Disney hotel 6 days, Monday June 15th, but 5 days at Disney park. no park hopper. 1 full day each with 2 days at MK. I see the highest demand rides. we want to fast pass them all.
In general, what has been people's experience on the "hot" fast pass rides (seven dwarfs, frozen, FoP, Slinky) on not being available at 60 days if on there at 7am? How many have experienced them being "sold out" at 60 days? 62 days? 64 days? Reason asking this early is because i can reserve dinners at 6 months and want to be in the correct park but it is a must to do all 4 of those rides in that 5 day period with fast-pass. Only doing a couple nice dinners so those arent top priority (no dinner plan) but would like to match up now if those nice dinners sell out before i would reserve my fast passes. Thanks!

You should be able to get all of them at 60 days, except for SDD and FoP at this point. I got SDD at 60+2 and FoP at 60+3, I believe, but I didn’t really look all that hard at alternatives since that worked with my plans.

With the new ride in Star Wars opening tomorrow, and currently no FPS for either of those rides, I don’t know what DHS may be like by June of course. I think your dinner ADRs should be easy to change, depending on how many of you there are.

Only for Stay#1, maybe.

If you do cancel your Stay#1, Cancel your corresponding FPs to open the slots for others to book.

Bringing up an older question as I am less than two weeks out. Priority is not losing FP's. I have HS and AK on the plan for the end of the trip, so not concerned with not getting the hard to get FP, but want to make reservations for the first part of the trip if we end up taking it. That said, still no issue of canceling the first part of the stay if the girls make the state tourney and not losing the FP's for the second part of the trip?

Side note, kids sports are crazy! Way different than when I was a youngster.

That said, still no issue of canceling the first part of the stay if the girls make the state tourney and not losing the FP's for the second part of the trip?
Correct, you’ll be fine because you have 2 separate stays. Have fun!!

I'm going the last week of January as well, 26 to the 1st of Feb. My FP day was Nov 27th. My priority was Flight of Passage and I got it pretty easily as well. I did Hollywood Studios next and there was no Slinky for me either! I did somehow snag a Mine Train but it's a 4pm FP. There were several other later times when I booked mine. Weird that you didn't see any. I'm interested to know if they do limit them...

SDD is near-impossible for sure! We are traveling with a group of 8 basically those same dates and had no SDD available for the whole group on our preferred DHS days. I'm there for work so there are some times where the group is split up. We were able to get FP for SDD for 4 people at 60+5 and at 60+9.

Luckily pretty much everything else worked out well for us.

SDD is near-impossible for sure! We are traveling with a group of 8 basically those same dates and had no SDD available for the whole group on our preferred DHS days. I'm there for work so there are some times where the group is split up. We were able to get FP for SDD for 4 people at 60+5 and at 60+9.

Luckily pretty much everything else worked out well for us.
Was SDD your first choice when looking? Just curious if it would've been there had I gone for it before FoP. It's not really a main priority for me, though I would love to ride it. I keep checking in hopes one will maybe pop up but I highly doubt it! :P

Are throwaway rooms still a thing? Looks like the Throwaway threads are now locked.

My question is regarding fast passes for that scenario --- Have the Fast Pass changes made it so you can only make 60-day Fast Passes on the days? (Before you could do a rolling 60-days from the your check-out day). I did that back in 2017 and it worked great for four different families!

Looking at a Dec. 2020 trip with a big group of several families again and staying offsite in a giant condo to save costs. Looking at getting two throwaway campsites .. just for the parking and magic bands and Fast Passes for the days we get the campsites. So just curious how we'd do our fast passes. Just reserve those campsite days at 60 days . .and any other days we go at the normal 30-day time?

(I know throwaway rooms are somewhat controversial -- We would be reserving these campsites, fully paying for them (not cancelling at last minute).. just not actually camping there.

Was SDD your first choice when looking? Just curious if it would've been there had I gone for it before FoP. It's not really a main priority for me, though I would love to ride it. I keep checking in hopes one will maybe pop up but I highly doubt it! :P

It was second after FoP. So I'm not sure if it would have been there if we tried first. I will say, we were on as soon as the window opened and it couldn't have been more than a couple minutes later that we were looking for SDD.

It was second after FoP. So I'm not sure if it would have been there if we tried first. I will say, we were on as soon as the window opened and it couldn't have been more than a couple minutes later that we were looking for SDD.
SDD is definitely the hardest FP to get these days - I usually start with that one then do FOP next (unless my AK day is very early in my trip and HS is very late)!

SDD is definitely the hardest FP to get these days - I usually start with that one then do FOP next (unless my AK day is very early in my trip and HS is very late)!

Yeah, we had AK at 60+3 and DHS at 60+5 and 60+9 so we did FoP first. Again, I'm not really surprised we didn't get SDD for 8 ppl but I was surprised at how quickly they were unavailable. If you're going for a 2-3 day trip do you have ANY chance at getting SDD?

Yeah, we had AK at 60+3 and DHS at 60+5 and 60+9 so we did FoP first. Again, I'm not really surprised we didn't get SDD for 8 ppl but I was surprised at how quickly they were unavailable. If you're going for a 2-3 day trip do you have ANY chance at getting SDD?
From my experience -- no.

I usually go on shorter trips (3-4 park days) and the only time I've been able to get a SDD FP was by gaming the system and having my cousin (who arrived 4 days before us (they arrived on a Tuesday, we arrived on a Saturday) make FPs for my family for FoP and SDD at the tail end of their 7-day trip (the beginning of our trip)

My other trips the past year (the only time I could get SDD was afternoon on checkout day (60+5) .. (which obviously didn't work as we were leaving that day)

Our FP day was yesterday. My husband and I logged in at 7AM on different devices (we both used laptops). We'd divided up the list for our 6 day stay (4 people in our party), and we used our shared MDE account. He took our 3rd and 4th priorities and went for those first, and I took the 1st and 2nd ones, and we split up the rest.

He went for SDD (60+5) and was only able to secure FPs after 1PM. I went for FoP (60+6) and had no trouble securing the time I wanted (10AM). He next went for 7DMT (60+1, just in case he was able to get it) and was able to secure 4 FPs for 3PM. I went for 7DMT for (60+7), which as expected was easily available, so we cancelled our (60+1) FPs.

We filled the in-between days with FPs for non-headliners at the parks that we knew our kids wanted to experience (like Haunted Mansion). For those, we were able to obtain the FPs at the times we had hoped for and were done by 7:30AM. This was a marked difference from our FP booking experience for our October 2018 trip (the website kept crashing, etc) - yesterday was SO much better.

After we booked all of our FPs, I "fine-tuned" the timing. We logged in last night too and saw that 7DMT was still available for a party of 4 on (60+1), which corresponded to 2/2/2020, after 3PM. Surprisingly, SDD was also available (after a few refreshes) on 60+5.

Good luck everyone!

Our FP day was yesterday. My husband and I logged in at 7AM on different devices (we both used laptops). We'd divided up the list for our 6 day stay (4 people in our party), and we used our shared MDE account. He took our 3rd and 4th priorities and went for those first, and I took the 1st and 2nd ones, and we split up the rest.

He went for SDD (60+5) and was only able to secure FPs after 1PM. I went for FoP (60+6) and had no trouble securing the time I wanted (10AM). He next went for 7DMT (60+1, just in case he was able to get it) and was able to secure 4 FPs for 3PM. I went for 7DMT for (60+7), which as expected was easily available, so we cancelled our (60+1) FPs.

We filled the in-between days with FPs for non-headliners at the parks that we knew our kids wanted to experience (like Haunted Mansion). For those, we were able to obtain the FPs at the times we had hoped for and were done by 7:30AM. This was a marked difference from our FP booking experience for our October 2018 trip (the website kept crashing, etc) - yesterday was SO much better.

After we booked all of our FPs, I "fine-tuned" the timing. We logged in last night too and saw that 7DMT was still available for a party of 4 on (60+1), which corresponded to 2/2/2020, after 3PM. Surprisingly, SDD was also available (after a few refreshes) on 60+5.

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, this was pretty much our experience exactly. My wife and I were on different devices as well. Did you get any Olaf error screens while you were both working? We got a ton and weren't sure if it was because we were both trying to book fastpasses for the same group of people.

For our upcoming trip, I have a new (for me) situation regarding making FP reservations. We're staying onsite and will have tickets linked on MDE. I'm well-versed in making FP reservations online at 60 days from check-in for the length of our stay.

Here's where I have no experience...

Our niece will be staying with us. She is included on our resort reservation, so she'll also be onsite. She has an AP for her ticket.

Do I need to get the AP information from my brother and link that using the "link tickets" function in order to make FP reservations for her at 60 days out along with the rest of our party?

My brother and sister-in-law (also AP holders) may be able to pop in on one or more days to go to the parks with us as well. They won't be staying onsite, though. They would just drive from home on those days. So, would they have to shoot for finding FPs that align with ours at 30 days out? That would be fine for some, but the hard to get ones will almost certainly be gone.

I thought I saw somewhere that I can link them to my MDE account and then I can still make FP reservations for them at 60 days out even if they're offsite? If that's accurate, how do I accomplish this? Do I have to send an "invitation" to them to link our MDE accounts? How is that done? If I do this, does everyone have visibility of each other's account? Or does it just allow me to make the FP reservations for them?

I already created "dummy" profiles for them when making dining reservations. Would I go in and edit the party and change to their "actual" profiles for who is on the ADRs?

I'm assuming their AP info is in the system already for their actual accounts, so I wouldn't need to link their APs if their entire profile is linked to this trip?

Once linked, is it just for this trip? Or do they remain linked unless manually removed?

I haven't had to coordinate FPs with multiple families, much less some with APs, some onsite, some offsite, etc., so I'm not sure what the most efficient way to tackle this is.

Thanks!

Do I need to get the AP information from my brother and link that using the "link tickets" function in order to make FP reservations for her at 60 days out along with the rest of our party?
No.

You need to link your brother and each member of his family to your account. Then you can book FPs for everyone.

You need to link your brother and each member of his family to your account. Then you can book FPs for everyone.

So, even if they are OFF-site AP holders, I'll be able to make FPs for them at 60 days if they're linked?

Where do I find the function to link them on MDE? Thanks.

So, even if they are OFF-site AP holders, I'll be able to make FPs for them at 60 days if they're linked?
Yes - book for the complete group.

If the dummy names match up to the exact names in your account, invite each person using the email step in your account next to each dummy. Using your computer is easiest.

We frequently do shorter trips and generally I have to stalk the app to get these FPs. I usually have luck around the 45-day mark for some reason?

Yeah, this was pretty much our experience exactly. My wife and I were on different devices as well. Did you get any Olaf error screens while you were both working? We got a ton and weren't sure if it was because we were both trying to book fastpasses for the same group of people.

Yup, we had a few, but less than we had expected (we had both entered the experience fully expecting a repeat of what happened in 2018, where it took us an hour and a half to book our fastpasses.) Hope that you were all happy with the end results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!