FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDD is proving to be the more challenging FP. We are staying in early February.

At our FP day, FOP was 60+1 available. SDD 60+4/5 seems to be the magic number right now.

I'd expect MMRR, ROTR, SR to be added to Tier 1 FP by 2021. The biggest winners will be TSM, ToT, RnR, which should fall to Tier 2.

Two questions:
1. I have a room only reservation for 5/9-5/17, my tickets however (through UT) begin 5/11...can I start booking FP+ 60 days prior to 5/9 or is it 5/11 since that's when my tix start?
2. If the answer is 60 days prior to 5/9 and I book my FP+ then (March 10 I believe) but later cancel our reservation for the evening of 5/9 (keeping it for 5/10-5/17), does that cancel my FP+ selections?

Two questions:
1. I have a room only reservation for 5/9-5/17, my tickets however (through UT) begin 5/11...can I start booking FP+ 60 days prior to 5/9 or is it 5/11 since that's when my tix start?
2. If the answer is 60 days prior to 5/9 and I book my FP+ then (March 10 I believe) but later cancel our reservation for the evening of 5/9 (keeping it for 5/10-5/17), does that cancel my FP+ selections?
1. Yes
2. No

Hey all - I was given two additional fast passes from guest services to use on my next trip. I want to make sure I understand how these work, as I've never received them before.

Ideally, I'd like to use one of them for SDD and the other potentially at Epcot since TT will be under refurbishment when I go. Do you think they'd restrict me on SDD (due to being a Tier 1 ride) and also not using them in the same park?

TIA!

Hey all - I was given two additional fast passes from guest services to use on my next trip. I want to make sure I understand how these work, as I've never received them before.

Ideally, I'd like to use one of them for SDD and the other potentially at Epcot since TT will be under refurbishment when I go. Do you think they'd restrict me on SDD (due to being a Tier 1 ride) and also not using them in the same park?

TIA!
Depends on the terms. We were given "Anytime" fastpasses, however they exclude Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge (at Hollywood Studios anyways. That's where we're using them so it didn't phase me to ask about other park exclusions). You should be able to see exclusions once they're loaded onto MDE.

Depends on the terms. We were given "Anytime" fastpasses, however they exclude Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge (at Hollywood Studios anyways. That's where we're using them so it didn't phase me to ask about other park exclusions). You should be able to see exclusions once they're loaded onto MDE.
Yeah I wasn't sure if they were the same thing because I got an email with a confirmation number that I have to take to a guest services booth once I get to the park. I won't be able to see them in MDE until then I guess?

Yeah I wasn't sure if they were the same thing because I got an email with a confirmation number that I have to take to a guest services booth once I get to the park. I won't be able to see them in MDE until then I guess?
You could call with your confirmation # and ask, but yes you won't be able to see them in MDE until Guest Services loads them onto your account. You can do that at Disney Springs or at the parks.

When we were in the parks last week, you had to scan in at the Tier 2s for them to "count" towards your three before you could book another Tier 1 as your fourth FP. You couldn't just let them expire in our experience.

For example at AK:
I had Safari and Lion King FPs booked in the morning and FoP FP booked at 4:40 pm. I wanted to book Na'vi (Tier 1) as my fourth FP after scanning in at FoP. But I didn't make it to AK until lunchtime and didn't make it to the earlier FPs. I stopped at Guest Relations and asked them if the missed FPs would "count" towards my 3 and they said No, I would have to book and use two Tier II FPs before booking another Tier 1 in AK. So I made two FPs at shows and scanned my magic band at the shows but didn't watch the show, I just exited after I scanned. After I scanned in at FoP I was able to book an FP at Na'vi.

This was also our experience at HS on Monday. I had Little Mermaid booked at 11, TSMM at 12:45, and Indiana Jones at 2:45. We thought we could let the Little Mermaid expire, but it stayed on my MDE and did not fall off even after a few hours. We ended up changing it to Muppets and saw that instead.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been to wdw. Is there a calculator type thing that shows your FP booking day. I’m staying onsite, checking in April 25th. TIA

It’s been awhile since I’ve been to wdw. Is there a calculator type thing that shows your FP booking day. I’m staying onsite, checking in April 25th. TIA
My Disney Experience shows you your Fast Pass date as long as you have your tickets added.

So I have a reservation starting Feb 18, when I look in MDE it is there, we both have linked tickets, should be able to make FP this morning, but only showing 30 days. Any suggestions other than to call? I already tried calling, connection was terrible and call got dropped. Have to leave now, will try later I guess.

I am traveling with friends and we are friends on My Disney Experience. 3 people have purchased tickets but the other won't be able to for awhile. If he does not have a ticket I can not make FP+ 60 days in advance. However, I plan to make them for the 2 other people. How do I prevent my friend from changing our FP+ inadvertently? I am concerned that by clicking on us he will void our FP+. Is there a way to lock Fp+?

As before, for multiple back-to-back onsite stays at Disney-owned resorts (or any resorts that qualify for the 60-day advance window) the booking window will open 60 days before the check-in date of the first stay and extend until the checkout date of the last stay.
Update: FPs for the 2nd window had to booked via phone agent. They are working on my glitch. LOL. Very thankful that I knew enough (thanks to this forum and Mesaboy2) to say "erm no" when the phone CM tried to tell me that my 2nd window would open on the 25th.
System is glitching this morning. I have reservations for a Disney Springs Hotel (60 FP+) and a Disney Owned Hotel. MDE is only allowing me to book my FP for my DS Hotel stay and not allowing the dates for the 2nd hotel stay. The reservations are back to back and appear correct in MDE. Tickets are also in the system correctly. It's not a deal breaker for us since we are SWGE focused on this trip but still frustrating. I am assuming it's a MDE issue unless is a Disney Spring hotel to Disney Hotel issue. First time doing a split stay this way we usually split stay Disney Hotels only.

Last edited:
I am traveling with friends and we are friends on My Disney Experience. 3 people have purchased tickets but the other won't be able to for awhile. If he does not have a ticket I can not make FP+ 60 days in advance. However, I plan to make them for the 2 other people. How do I prevent my friend from changing our FP+ inadvertently? I am concerned that by clicking on us he will void our FP+. Is there a way to lock Fp+?
No way to “lock” unfortunately and I’ve had a friend do this to my plans!! (Unintentionally of course!) I do think you can change his settings, though, to either view and modify plans, or just view.

No way to “lock” unfortunately and I’ve had a friend do this to my plans!! (Unintentionally of course!) I do think you can change his settings, though, to either view and modify plans, or just view.
Ok thanks. I'll just offer to add his FP+ when he's ready :flower1: Kinda scary though.

After you use 3 FP’s, can you book a tier 1 pass again in that park? If so, do people just get a FP swiped to fill this obligation, but then skip a ride/show (like voyage to little mermaids)?
Yes after you've used three fastpasses your 4th Fastpass can be for any tier. Many tier ones will be unavailable but we've had good luck, especially with Rocking Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Some people will make a Fastpass for a tier 2 or 3 attraction that they won't use, but we try to use all of them. You'll have more luck getting a Tier 1 4th Fastpass if you schedule your first 3 earlier in the day.

Yes - book for the complete group.

If the dummy names match up to the exact names in your account, invite each person using the email step in your account next to each dummy. Using your computer is easiest.
Does this only work for AP's, or can the off-site guests have single day tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter