FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going on June with a group of 11. I can only make fastpasses for 6 of us since the other 5 don't have tickets yet. Hopefully they book their tickets before the 30 day window. Would you trust linking the tickets together or is it easy for them to delete things? They allow their kids to play on their phones all the time and don't want them to change anything! Is there a way to be linked but we each can only change our set of ressies? That way I can see what they are able to get and we can try to get the same?

If we have the FP on our phones how will that work with a split group without phones? If everyone is with us, we can show it on our phones but say if the kids head off with grandparents or the aunt and uncle how can they "transport" the fastpass with them without a phone? Do you print out the fastpasses even though they were made on the phone?

Or If I buy a magic band will that reflect any new FP I book for the kids like the 4th of 5th FP within the park? If so, that that would be worth it! My parents aren't very techie so not sure they will know how to do the FP thing on their phones but definitely want to go on lots of rides!

We are not staying on site so can I use a magic band?

Any other recommendation for larger groups?

Jenn

Do some FP ever open up later from people cancelling? I ask because I didn't get gifted my disney pass for my Jan 6 visit until today, so naturally things like Space Mountain, FoP, etc are all unavailable. I get that FoP may never open up cause of its popularity, but still curious.

Also, I've always been curious, any idea why Disney made it where you can only book three FP at one park? I mean I know not everyone can afford Park Hopper (I mean one park alone is expensive as heck) but given how quickly some rides go (FoP for example) I've always been curious why I can't book one at Epcot for example and then do my two others at MK. Was it to ensure those with single park tickets have a better chance and park hoppers don't take them all or just how they structured it. I know no one may know but just curious if anyone may have an idea ;) Cause I've booked Soarin' at Epcot cause it always gets super long lines, but most other rides are either part of the same Tier or gone so wish I could book my other two passes elsewhere.

If I have my rooms booked for June but dont plan on buying my tickets and annual passes until early June, can I still book fastpasses for my trip at the 60 day mark?

If I have my rooms booked for June but dont plan on buying my tickets and annual passes until early June, can I still book fastpasses for my trip at the 60 day mark?
Sorry, you have to have valid tickets to book FPs. The resort stay just opens the booking window at 60 days instead of 30.

Do some FP ever open up later from people cancelling? I ask because I didn't get gifted my disney pass for my Jan 6 visit until today, so naturally things like Space Mountain, FoP, etc are all unavailable. I get that FoP may never open up cause of its popularity, but still curious.

Also, I've always been curious, any idea why Disney made it where you can only book three FP at one park? I mean I know not everyone can afford Park Hopper (I mean one park alone is expensive as heck) but given how quickly some rides go (FoP for example) I've always been curious why I can't book one at Epcot for example and then do my two others at MK. Was it to ensure those with single park tickets have a better chance and park hoppers don't take them all or just how they structured it. I know no one may know but just curious if anyone may have an idea ;) Cause I've booked Soarin' at Epcot cause it always gets super long lines, but most other rides are either part of the same Tier or gone so wish I could book my other two passes elsewhere.
Yes, especially the day before and day of the FP there are always cancellations, sometimes even for FOP or SDD. Just need to keep checking.

I am going on June with a group of 11. I can only make fastpasses for 6 of us since the other 5 don't have tickets yet. Hopefully they book their tickets before the 30 day window. Would you trust linking the tickets together or is it easy for them to delete things? They allow their kids to play on their phones all the time and don't want them to change anything! Is there a way to be linked but we each can only change our set of ressies? That way I can see what they are able to get and we can try to get the same?

If we have the FP on our phones how will that work with a split group without phones? If everyone is with us, we can show it on our phones but say if the kids head off with grandparents or the aunt and uncle how can they "transport" the fastpass with them without a phone? Do you print out the fastpasses even though they were made on the phone?

Or If I buy a magic band will that reflect any new FP I book for the kids like the 4th of 5th FP within the park? If so, that that would be worth it! My parents aren't very techie so not sure they will know how to do the FP thing on their phones but definitely want to go on lots of rides!

We are not staying on site so can I use a magic band?

Any other recommendation for larger groups?

Jenn
There is no way to be able to edit another group's fastpasses without them being able to edit yours unless they don't have the app on their phone at all. I wouldn't risk it, I'd hate for you to lose an e-ticket Fastpass because kids were playing with their phones.

If AP's aren't activated until your first park day, how can you make fastpasses with them?
When you buy them you’ll get a number you can link to MDE (if you buy them when signed into your online account they’ll appear automatically). Then you can make FPs.

If they allowed people to book across different parks then you'd find that availability for top rides would be even worse than it is now. People could just book FOP, SDD, & 7DMT for each day and then later decide which park they really want to go to (or go to 2-3 parks).

If they allowed people to book across different parks then you'd find that availability for top rides would be even worse than it is now. People could just book FOP, SDD, & 7DMT for each day and then later decide which park they really want to go to (or go to 2-3 parks).
Yeah, makes sense. Just was saying it's sometimes a bit frustrating when in a way you feel restricted to one park only is all. But I recognize I'm lucky to have park hopper, because not everyone can do that (again, cause it's soooo dang expensive even just to do one).

Sorry in advance if this question has been asked however I can’t find a recent answer..
Does the 60 day onsite FP window apply for multiple bookings onsite however not continuous? Example: 7 days onsite, 7 day cruise, 7 days onsite.

Sorry in advance if this question has been asked however I can’t find a recent answer..
Does the 60 day onsite FP window apply for multiple bookings onsite however not continuous? Example: 7 days onsite, 7 day cruise, 7 days onsite.
No, you’d have 2 FP days linked to the 2 onsite stays. It only works if they are continuous.

We will be traveling with friends next Nov/Dec and will have separate room reservations but will be wanting to schedule our FPs together. Now I'm pretty sure that we will be able to link our reservations and tickets together in MDX (confirmation please) but the bigger question I have is we will be checking in on different days, my family on the night of Nov 27th, theirs on Nov 28th. I know for my family we would be able to book FPs 60 days out from Nov 27th but with our friends would we be able to also book theirs on that same day or would I need to wait to book ours 1 day later when our friend's 60 day window starts so we can book together?

Hello all!
Sorry if this has been answered but is there a link or a thread number where the new changes are discussed to picking fast passes (ie no more modify? ) Thank you!

Hello all!
Sorry if this has been answered but is there a link or a thread number where the new changes are discussed to picking fast passes (ie no more modify? ) Thank you!
You can still modify. The change really just made it so that you modify the time or the attraction, not both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!