FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I don't use all 3 fastpasses and miss my window on 1. Will I have to reschedule the missed FP and use it before I can get a Tier 1 4th FP?

What if I don't use all 3 fastpasses and miss my window on 1. Will I have to reschedule the missed FP and use it before I can get a Tier 1 4th FP?
It depends. Sometimes it will expire and count as being used....sometimes it won't. Try and if it doesn't work grab a tier 2 for something nearby and just go tap the FP to use it up.

I read all of the OPs, but would like a little more clarification if possible:

We would usually stay on-site, but my family of 4 was lucky enough to land an off-site timeshare in Orlando (essentially free) from a friend for a full week (yay!). My parents are also tagging along but they are staying at the Yacht Club.

According to this thread it says if my family is linked to someone staying on-site we are granted the 60-day window as opposed to the 30-day. Currently I am managing the plans for my family of 4 and have set dinner reservations for the entire party of 6 throughout the whole stay. When I log into MDX it says that we are all staying at the Yacht club, most likely because my parents did not select the "only the plans we share" option. (correct me if I am wrong).

As far as setting Fast Passes go - Will I be able to set them for my family at the 60 day mark on my account or will I have to be logged in under one of my parents to do so? If I switch one of their profiles to manage the entire family of 6 will it negate the dinner and other reservations I've made?

However, when I log onto MDX under my account it says I can book 60 days in advance. Im guessing I can do it then?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

What is the rule for return time? 5 minutes late - no go?
Usual grace period is 5 minutes before and 15 after. During this time it normally let's you in automatically. Outside of that it's up to the CM. It is also different for things such as shows.

Looking to maybe book a split stay for the first time. Doing some research, it looks like early last year there were issues with split stays and having two 60-day windows. Just want to confirm if this has been resolved, and the first check-in date will cover both stays. Don't want to lose the benefit of being able to book FP at 60+10.

will be non dvc, staying at POP and AOA if that makes a difference.

So, FP are booked for our trip in a few weeks, but I’m thinking of switching around some days depending on FP availability at other parks. You used to be able to check what was available in MDE without losing the original FP, but it seems with the app update, one can no longer do this? Does anyone know a workaround or am I missing something? Thanks!

So, FP are booked for our trip in a few weeks, but I’m thinking of switching around some days depending on FP availability at other parks. You used to be able to check what was available in MDE without losing the original FP, but it seems with the app update, one can no longer do this? Does anyone know a workaround or am I missing something? Thanks!
You should still be able to check another park in the same way you did before. Just go through the steps like you're making a FP at the other park and go through the warning (Continue with This Guest).

You should still be able to check another park in the same way you did before. Just go through the steps like you're making a FP at the other park and go through the warning (Continue with This Guest).
Thanks! It worked, I think I just got confused with the new interface.

My wife and I are going to Disney for our 3 yr anniversary in Nov/Dec 2020! Now, my wife doesn't ride many rides (wont get on anything that leaves the ground) and I am guessing she might have a few FP slots that she won't use. Am I able to schedule them on her account and just use her FP card/magicband to get on?
Also and rides besides Haunted Mansion she might get on? lol

How long do the Fastpass lines usually take? I've waited up to 45 minutes at DL after scanning in the fastpasses. Not sure if it's the same with WDW.

My wife and I are going to Disney for our 3 yr anniversary in Nov/Dec 2020! Now, my wife doesn't ride many rides (wont get on anything that leaves the ground) and I am guessing she might have a few FP slots that she won't use. Am I able to schedule them on her account and just use her FP card/magicband to get on?
Also and rides besides Haunted Mansion she might get on? lol
Yes, as long as she is scanned into the park that day, you can use her MagicBand to scan in for her FP. There are plenty of rides that don't leave the ground: Pooh, It's a Small World, Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor, Pirates of the Caribbean (there is a very small drop, though), Jungle Cruise, Philharmagic, Tea Cups, Tomorrowland Raceway, Peoplemover....seems like I'm forgetting one or two.

Wanted to see if anyone had experience with this scenario...I have a package booked and my brother has a package booked. We are linked together in MDE and I made Fast Pass reservations for all of us. He is going to cancel his package. I know his Fast Passes will be canceled, but will my selections still be in place since the Fast Passes are linked to the tickets in the package, and we are still an active reservation? Just wanted to be sure his cancelation would not screw things up for the rest of us going.....Thanks!

Wanted to see if anyone had experience with this scenario...I have a package booked and my brother has a package booked. We are linked together in MDE and I made Fast Pass reservations for all of us. He is going to cancel his package. I know his Fast Passes will be canceled, but will my selections still be in place since the Fast Passes are linked to the tickets in the package, and we are still an active reservation? Just wanted to be sure his cancelation would not screw things up for the rest of us going.....Thanks!

Dont have any experience with this but geeze I would hope so. DE definitely needs an upgrade in several areas and family linking is one of them.

It can get pretty confusing with shared plans and how they are viewed through each profile. I'm still trying to hunt down the answer to my question above.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have a FP at 8AM-9AM park opening. Should I still try to rope drop another ride before heading to the FP ride or should I just use all my FPs as quickly as possible?

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have a FP at 8AM-9AM park opening. Should I still try to rope drop another ride before heading to the FP ride or should I just use all my FPs as quickly as possible?
For me it depends on the park. MK I probably would hit 1-2 rides and then do my first FP toward the end of the window and my 2nd at the beginning of that one. For the other parks I want to use up my FP's asap. I'll often start with just a tier 1, use it, then use or burn two tier 2 quickly to start making more tier 1 FP's.

Last edited:
Hollywood Studios FP question...

I have a flight that gets in mid day. I wanted to see if I can book two tier 2 FP+ that I don't plan on going on earlier in the day before I get there and using my tier 1 for TOT. Once I go on TOT will I be able to book another FP+ or do I physically need to go to the other rides before I can book another tier 1? Last time I was at Disney, I just checked in to Muppets and left and didn't have a problem. But since I'm arriving mid-day, I'd rather just have them knocked out before I even get there.

Thanks!

Hollywood Studios FP question...

I have a flight that gets in mid day. I wanted to see if I can book two tier 2 FP+ that I don't plan on going on earlier in the day before I get there and using my tier 1 for TOT. Once I go on TOT will I be able to book another FP+ or do I physically need to go to the other rides before I can book another tier 1? Last time I was at Disney, I just checked in to Muppets and left and didn't have a problem. But since I'm arriving mid-day, I'd rather just have them knocked out before I even get there.

Thanks!
Maybe. It should work but doesn't always. I'd try it and if it doesn't work then just grab a couple tier 2 FP's and tap them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter