FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my question...I was to be at WDW tomorrow but have now receheduled for June. Now we have not just a split stay w two resorts but 4 due to availability ( we rented points). Anyhow, we will try for HS on 60 plus 2 days. Most likely all the tier one fast passes will be in the afternoon. If we get there early- hope for a boarding pass (we only have one day to try) and rope drop slinky.Hopefully we will have afternoon fast passes. Could we then attempt Epcot and come back When boarding group is called? Or can you not hop to other parks and come back. Will it mess up boarding group?
Yes you can go elsewhere while you wait for your boarding group.

My FP day opens tomorrow. I'm very nervous (but hopeful) that reservations will go smoothly. Wish me luck!

So how bad did I make this FP situation? I've been trying without much luck to find October Ft. Wilderness reservations. Randomly found Oct 18-22 today and grabbed it. Our annual passes expire Oct 20th, which we plan to renew. It's not going to let me make FPs for the last two days is it at 60 days out, until I can renew our passes, which is minimum 40 days out? Just my luck I found dates two days out of my range. I'll keep checking back to change. Those extension dates for closing would have been nice, but not to be.

So how bad did I make this FP situation? I've been trying without much luck to find October Ft. Wilderness reservations. Randomly found Oct 18-22 today and grabbed it. Our annual passes expire Oct 20th, which we plan to renew. It's not going to let me make FPs for the last two days is it at 60 days out, until I can renew our passes, which is minimum 40 days out? Just my luck I found dates two days out of my range. I'll keep checking back to change. Those extension dates for closing would have been nice, but not to be.
You can renew your AP up to 60 days before expiration. And by calling the Passholder line, people whose passes expire during their reservation but outside the 60 day window have been able to renew a few days early and book FPs. So you should be good.

I am trying to make touring plans for my mid July trip and I can’t decide what to do about HS fastpasses. I am going to have 2 rope drops and 2 sets of fastpasses there. I am looking for suggestions on how to use my tier 1 fastpasses. Which attractions should I rope drop, and which should I fastpasses (SDD, Mickey and Minnie’s RR, and Millennium Falcon)? We have ridden SDD and loved it, but not the others. All 3 are must-dos for my family.

I am trying to make touring plans for my mid July trip and I can’t decide what to do about HS fastpasses. I am going to have 2 rope drops and 2 sets of fastpasses there. I am looking for suggestions on how to use my tier 1 fastpasses. Which attractions should I rope drop, and which should I fastpasses (SDD, Mickey and Minnie’s RR, and Millennium Falcon)? We have ridden SDD and loved it, but not the others. All 3 are must-dos for my family.
My personal policy is to get FPs for the rides we've never done and then RD the other, or hope to get a 4th FP for it. My feeling is that I'd rather do the new ones for sure and possibly miss the old, even though we love it, rather than miss one of the new ones and not know whether we'll like it or not.

I thought if you do a split stay with same check out/ check in day you can make all FP selections based on your 60 days from first reservation - is that correct?

My personal policy is to get FPs for the rides we've never done and then RD the other, or hope to get a 4th FP for it. My feeling is that I'd rather do the new ones for sure and possibly miss the old, even though we love it, rather than miss one of the new ones and not know whether we'll like it or not.
Thank you for your response. My husband just had the same answer 😂.

I can't believe after all these years I don't know the answer to this question but here I am asking. I booked my FP this morning. I was unable to acquire FOP. I'd like to keep checking back. I went ahead and booked all three of my fast passes for that day just so I'd have something. My thinking was I'd just keep checking back to see if something opens up for FOP. I booked Navi River, the safari and Kali River. Well I thought I'd still be able to check and change, apparently not? So I have to leave a FP unclaimed in order to keep checking for FOP? Is there another way? TIA

I can't believe after all these years I don't know the answer to this question but here I am asking. I booked my FP this morning. I was unable to acquire FOP. I'd like to keep checking back. I went ahead and booked all three of my fast passes for that day just so I'd have something. My thinking was I'd just keep checking back to see if something opens up for FOP. I booked Navi River, the safari and Kali River. Well I thought I'd still be able to check and change, apparently not? So I have to leave a FP unclaimed in order to keep checking for FOP? Is there another way? TIA
You would have to Modify Navi in order to see other tier 1 FP's available. You would not see any overlapping options show up though. The best odds of finding FOP would be to have an open spot and to run a normal search as it would then show overlapping options and you could drop the overlapping FP in grabbing FOP.

You would have to Modify Navi in order to see other tier 1 FP's available. You would not see any overlapping options show up though. The best odds of finding FOP would be to have an open spot and to run a normal search as it would then show overlapping options and you could drop the overlapping FP in grabbing FOP.
Thank you. I see now!! Awesome. :)

It has been a few years since our family had been to Disney World. Could someone explain how the new Fastpass system works?

Those of you getting FP+ right now are you using tickets assigned for your day or you using tickets from a cancelled trip that are dated Mar30-Dec15. I am just wondering because I am worried how it will work when my 60+ day arrives. I have the Mar30-Dec15 ticket, right now I can only see 30 days out so I did not know if it will automatically allow me to get FP+ for June 23 on April 24 or if I need to be doing something now. Any help would be great

If your situation is like mine, you can book fast pass for the check out day from resort 1 (same day as check-in for resort 2) 60 days in advance of your check in date for your first day for resort 1. You can then book fast passes for the length of your stay at resort 2, 60 days prior to check-in at resort 2.

Because I always like using examples to demonstrate:

Your Resort stays:
Resort 1 - June 1-5
Resort 2 - June 5-9

You can book fast passes June 1-5 at sixty days prior to June 1.
You can book fast passes June 6-9 at sixty days prior to June 5.
This is not how it has worked in the past. As long as you check into Resort 2 on the day you check out of Resort 1, you should be able to make FPs for your entire stay on the day you check into Resort 1 (is that what you are saying, the example suggests otherwise)? Note, that I know this applies to Disney-owned resorts (values, mods, deluxes and deluxe villas).

The Disney Springs, Swolphin, Good Neighbor hotels, etc., get some similar benefits that the Disney-owned resorts get - such as the 60-day FP window and EMH - but some benefits - such as as the entire stay FP benefit for Passholders - do not apply to non-Disney owned resorts. I am thinking that is what caused your second FP window to not open when the first opened.

When it hasn't allowed you to make Resort 2 FPs until your Resort 2 check-in date, were any of your 2 stays at non-Disney owned resorts, such as the ones in Disney Springs/Swolphin/Good Neighbor? Or were *both* stays at Disney-owned resorts (values, mods, deluxes and deluxe villas)?

Check out the FAQ on this (one of the first posts - always good to read):
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337492

Last edited:
I reviewed the first page and still have a question.

Just want to verify that my dining reservations will have no issues with making FP+ selections.

I have a handful of back up reservations until after I have my FP+ booked and I had a moment of hesitation that this will mess with my FP+ booking at my 60 day window.

I reviewed the first page and still have a question.

Just want to verify that my dining reservations will have no issues with making FP+ selections.

I have a handful of back up reservations until after I have my FP+ booked and I had a moment of hesitation that this will mess with my FP+ booking at my 60 day window.
Correct, they do not impact one another.

If you have fast passes scheduled for a Disney trip and one of the people cannot go, can you re-assign their park ticket to someone else who can go and if you can, will the fast passes update under the new person? Hope that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!