FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the return window? Also, can you explain more about the windows not overlapping? This is our first trip to Disney. Thanks!

What is the return window? Also, can you explain more about the windows not overlapping? This is our first trip to Disney. Thanks!
The return window is the time you can show up to redeem your FP (60 minutes for rides, 20 minutes or so for shows). So let's say your return window is 10-11, your next can't start earlier than 11 (the windows cannot overlap). The first post in this thread has tons of useful info for first timers.

Additional / Same Day FastPasses / Kiosk Locations

Kiosk Locations

FP kiosks are located at a handful of locations in each park. Depending on demand, not all of them may be open at all times and additional ones may be available. These locations have historically been very fluid. Guests are encouraged to verify these locations on park maps on the days of their visit:

Are kiosks typically open during morning Extra Magic Hours?

There are no FPs offered during EMH.
I think the question was could they book the fastpasses for later during EMH. I would think they would be open for people who came in and hadn't booked their FPP's yet for the day but haven't done EMH to know. If nothing else I'd guess the ones in Town Hall would be since they're not manned by CM's.

There are no FPs offered during EMH.

Do you mean I can't request FPs for later park hours during EMH or that there are no FPs which can be used during EMH?

I think the question was could they book the fastpasses for later during EMH. I would think they would be open for people who came in and hadn't booked their FPP's yet for the day but haven't done EMH to know. If nothing else I'd guess the ones in Town Hall would be since they're not manned by CM's.

Yes, I'm wondering if I can book FP's for return times that occur during regular park hours while I'm attending morning EMH. I don't want to waste too much time at the kiosks during prime touring time but I may be on child watch and have time to visit the kiosks while the other half of the party is on a ride.

Yes, I'm wondering if I can book FP's for return times that occur during regular park hours while I'm attending morning EMH. I don't want to waste too much time at the kiosks during prime touring time but I may be on child watch and have time to visit the kiosks while the other half of the party is on a ride.

I don't believe so. The Guest Relations kiosks are likely the best chance, but even those I'm not sure.

Thank you for the wonderful thread - all my questions were answered in one location!

If you are asking about booking during morning EMH for later that day, you would be booking your original 3 for the day, which can be done via the app. No need to find an open kiosk.

My 60 days is coming up and just went into MDE to just practice. It doesn't give me a choice of times. Across the top it has option 1,2,3,4 in each are separate times. I thought I could look for times that I wanted? Is what I'm seeing correct?

My 60 days is coming up and just went into MDE to just practice. It doesn't give me a choice of times. Across the top it has option 1,2,3,4 in each are separate times. I thought I could look for times that I wanted? Is what I'm seeing correct?

Sounds right to me. You can adjust them individually once you pick a set.

Sounds right to me. You can adjust them individually once you pick a set.

I usually pick a set where one of the rides has the time I want for it. After I choose it, I just go in and adjust the time for the other two.

That's correct - after you choose your three preferred attractions, you choose from that set of 4 that ideally matches the attractions and rough times you like best.

Then you can refine/change the specific time slots for each FastPass reservation one by one.

Question: I currently have 2 different tickets ( a 2 day and a 4 day) assigned to me on MDE. My kids each have a 2 day ticket. When I make FP ( for our 2 park only trip), will the system know to use all the 2 day tickets, will it give me the option which ticket to use, or will it just pick one and I have to hope for the best?

Question: I currently have 2 different tickets ( a 2 day and a 4 day) assigned to me on MDE. My kids each have a 2 day ticket. When I make FP ( for our 2 park only trip), will the system know to use all the 2 day tickets, will it give me the option which ticket to use, or will it just pick one and I have to hope for the best?
It won't make any difference at all as far as making the FPP's - all the system will check and confirm is that you are authorized to make 6 days worth of FPP's (since you own 6 days worth of tickets). If you are booking at 60 days with an on-site stay, that will of course be limited to the days of the stay at the 60 day mark. But it's not assigning any particularly FPP's to any particular tickets.

However, you will want to make sure before/when you enter the park that the right ones are being used. I've read here (but never had to do) that if you go to guest relations they can "stack" your tickets to be used in the correct order. If you don't want to do this before entering (ie trying to rush to rope drop), be sure to do it before leaving the park that day so they can reassign them if the wrong one was used. If you wait until the next time you try to make FPP's and suddenly find you only can make 2 days worth instead of 4 because it used the wrong ones (and those last two days expired), it will be much harder to resolve.

Is it better to select the 3 Fp for each day of your trip, then when you finish modify each one or do you modify as soon as you get the 3 Fp?

Is it better to select the 3 Fp for each day of your trip, then when you finish modify each one or do you modify as soon as you get the 3 Fp?
I don't think it matters. Just do what works better for you. I usually choose an option which isn't anywhere near the times I want for the fastpasses, save it, and then I go back one by one and move them into the times I want. It is easier that way. :)

It won't make any difference at all as far as making the FPP's - all the system will check and confirm is that you are authorized to make 6 days worth of FPP's (since you own 6 days worth of tickets). If you are booking at 60 days with an on-site stay, that will of course be limited to the days of the stay at the 60 day mark. But it's not assigning any particularly FPP's to any particular tickets.

However, you will want to make sure before/when you enter the park that the right ones are being used. I've read here (but never had to do) that if you go to guest relations they can "stack" your tickets to be used in the correct order. If you don't want to do this before entering (ie trying to rush to rope drop), be sure to do it before leaving the park that day so they can reassign them if the wrong one was used. If you wait until the next time you try to make FPP's and suddenly find you only can make 2 days worth instead of 4 because it used the wrong ones (and those last two days expired), it will be much harder to resolve.
I've read you can actually re-assign the ticket you don't want used (as long as it's a new, never been used ticket - as opposed to a somewhat used non-expiring one) to a "dummy" in MDE, leaving only the ticket you want used linked to yourself. After using that ticket/that trip ends, you can re-assign the ticket you want used next, back to yourself. That would cut out a trip to GR.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

I've read you can actually re-assign the ticket you don't want used (as long as it's a new, never been used ticket - as opposed to a somewhat used non-expiring one) to a "dummy" in MDE, leaving only the ticket you want used linked to yourself. After using that ticket/that trip ends, you can re-assign the ticket you want used next, back to yourself. That would cut out a trip to GR.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.
I read this, too. I am going to try it in June. I have a person set up in my MDE who I will assign my package ticket to as soon as it becomes active on check in day. The extra person has a MB so I should be able to make fp's for the extra person so we can use them during our trip. :)

Last edited:
We just recently visited Disney World for the 3rd time. Does anyone know why Disney will only allow you the ability to create 3 fast passes and then once those are used the remainder must be booked through a kiosk? At least that was our experience. It would be more convenient if Disney would allow you the ability to book fast passes through the app, instead of searching the park for a kiosk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter