FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastpass day for off site Dec/Jan trip is Saturday....tickets are linked in MDE. Also have a resort reservation for May. I'm assuming the MDE system will let me make fastpasses for the Dec tickets? I just need to go under the make Fastpass tab?

Never had multiple trips/tickets before. Thanks

We planned a last minute trip and bought tickets online. How do we get hard ticket cards for use for fast passes? All I will have is the email barcode. (Lost my old magic bands....)

We planned a last minute trip and bought tickets online. How do we get hard ticket cards for use for fast passes? All I will have is the email barcode. (Lost my old magic bands....)
Stop by any ticket window and you can ask for the plastic tickets.

Looking for advice on a FP issue. On the day we go to Epcot, the only available FP for Frozen Ever After is in the afternoon (4:00pm and beyond). Do I book a FP for the afternoon or do I book different Tier 1 in the later morning hours (such as Soarin’) and hope for the best that I’ll be able to get an afternoon FP for FEA?

Last Updated: November 2019

Introduction

If you have a question about how FastPass+ works at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the answer is probably already here on this very first page. If not, dialogue on your particular question is welcome. There are many knowledgeable posters willing to assist.

If the information on this page conflicts with that of a cast member, the cast member is most likely incorrect. Much of the information on this page is based on hundreds if not thousands of user experiences over several years’ time.

The first 12 posts are organized to help readers find answers to FAQs as quickly and as easily as possible. They are updated regularly and reflect current FastPass+ policy, attraction selections, and suggested priorities. It is not necessary to read the entire thread for it to be useful for most readers.

This thread is not the place for judgment, debate, or argument on the merits of the FastPass+ system.

Click on the topic below to access the post that pertains to that aspect of FastPass+. The following posts are not organized in a Q&A format, but the answers to these FAQs (and similar ones) are contained within them.

Requirements and Basics
  • How does FastPass+ work?
  • Do I need tickets or a room reservation to book FastPass+?
  • Can I use FastPass+ if I bought tickets from a third party?
  • Do I need MagicBands to use FastPass+?
  • Can I use someone else's FastPasses?
  • How long does it take to go through the FastPass+ line?
  • Why do I need FastPass+ for shows?
  • What if an attraction closes during my FastPass window?
Booking Windows
  • How many days in advance of my trip can I book FastPasses?
  • What time of day can I start booking FastPasses?
  • How many days can I book FastPasses for?
  • Can I book FastPasses for my entire trip?
  • Why can't I see more than 30 days ahead when I have an onsite reservation?
  • Why doesn’t my entire party show up in my My Disney Experience account?
  • How does FastPass+ work with Annual Passes?
Split Stays
  • How does FastPass+ work with split stays?
Availability
  • What attractions will be available when my window opens?
  • I can't buy tickets until I get there. What attractions can I get?
  • Where can I find out what attractions are still available for my days?
  • What attractions can I expect to get after I have used my first 3?
Using MDX To Schedule FastPasses
  • How do I use My Disney Experience to schedule FastPasses?
  • Should I use the app or the website?
Additional / Day-Of FastPasses / Kiosk Locations
  • How do I book additional FastPasses?
  • Do I need to use FastPass+ kiosks to book or change them?
  • Where are the FastPass+ kiosks located?
Suggested Priorities
  • What attractions are good to use FastPass+ on?
  • What are tiers and how do they work?
  • Which parks have tiers?
Strategies
  • Do I need FastPass+ if I am going at a slow time?
  • What park should I book FastPasses in if I am park-hopping?
  • What time of day should I book FastPasses for?
  • How can I schedule FastPasses together for a large group?
Special Events / Refurbishments / New Attractions
  • How does FastPass+ work with the Halloween and Christmas parties?
  • Can I use FastPass+ during Extra Magic Hours?
  • Can I select FastPasses for an attraction that is scheduled for refurbishment?
  • When will FastPasses appear for a new attraction?
Addendum
  • Where else can I look for answers to my FastPass+ questions?

I was redirected from another thread.

I understand 3 FPs (1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2) must be tapped or allowed to expire before a 4th FP is allowable. And, the 4th FP must be tapped or allowed to expire before a 5th FP is allowable and so on, right? Are there any exceptions? We have park hoppers.

I was redirected from another thread.

I understand 3 FPs (1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2) must be tapped or allowed to expire before a 4th FP is allowable. And, the 4th FP must be tapped or allowed to expire before a 5th FP is allowable and so on, right? Are there any exceptions? We have park hoppers.
You were directed to go to the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky where park hopping is discussed.

So, can I scan my 3rd FP and not get in line and just book a 4th? Or is it easier to let it expire then to walk all the way to the ride to scan it

So, can I scan my 3rd FP and not get in line and just book a 4th? Or is it easier to let it expire then to walk all the way to the ride to scan it
You can scan and walk away. That's better than letting your 3rd fast pass expire, because you can book your 4th fast pass quicker once you scan at your 3rd.

Our FPs are all booked...got everything I wanted at none of the times I wanted. I know I can go back and modify, and that often better times will pop up as people change their plans. I already moved a couple of rides to much better times...is there sort of a sweet spot for doing this? Or do I just check back at lunch time every day?

Our FPs are all booked...got everything I wanted at none of the times I wanted. I know I can go back and modify, and that often better times will pop up as people change their plans. I already moved a couple of rides to much better times...is there sort of a sweet spot for doing this? Or do I just check back at lunch time every day?
Check whenever you have time and especially between 55-45 days out when guests with packages may be canceling their trips.

Hello. Our FP booking day is tomorrow, and this is probably just booking anxiety speaking. When we traveled in Oct. 2018, I was able to make dummy/fake FPs on the MDE app (room-only reservations/UT tickets). This time, I am receiving the following message: "Valid Theme Park Admission is Required...".

-We have room-only reservations.
-We purchased tickets through UT.
-I've linked them to our MDE account.

The Wiki states "For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account."

But my worry is that the app doesn't think that we have valid tickets attached (and that we didn't see this message last time). Should I be concerned or is this a normal message, per the Wiki?

Thank you very much.

Hello. Our FP booking day is tomorrow, and this is probably just booking anxiety speaking. When we traveled in Oct. 2018, I was able to make dummy/fake FPs on the MDE app (room-only reservations/UT tickets). This time, I am receiving the following message: "Valid Theme Park Admission is Required...".

-We have room-only reservations.
-We purchased tickets through UT.
-I've linked them to our MDE account.

The Wiki states "For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account."

But my worry is that the app doesn't think that we have valid tickets attached (and that we didn't see this message last time). Should I be concerned or is this a normal message, per the Wiki?

Thank you very much.

That's normal. The FP system won't recognize the tickets you have until your FP booking day actually opens up.

We have a trip planned for last week in January, tried to do fast passes for Slinky Dog & Miner Train, can't get one for either on any day of our trip. I tried the day I was able to start booking, Nov 26th. Does anyone know if they fill up that fast or does Disney limit FP for certain rides? I was able to get Flight of Passage with no problem and was able to modify it up to two days later. And almost all other rides on that week are available. Any info would help!

We have a trip planned for last week in January, tried to do fast passes for Slinky Dog & Miner Train, can't get one for either on any day of our trip. I tried the day I was able to start booking, Nov 26th. Does anyone know if they fill up that fast or does Disney limit FP for certain rides? I was able to get Flight of Passage with no problem and was able to modify it up to two days later. And almost all other rides on that week are available. Any info would help!
I'm going the last week of January as well, 26 to the 1st of Feb. My FP day was Nov 27th. My priority was Flight of Passage and I got it pretty easily as well. I did Hollywood Studios next and there was no Slinky for me either! I did somehow snag a Mine Train but it's a 4pm FP. There were several other later times when I booked mine. Weird that you didn't see any. I'm interested to know if they do limit them...

Looking for advice on a FP issue. On the day we go to Epcot, the only available FP for Frozen Ever After is in the afternoon (4:00pm and beyond). Do I book a FP for the afternoon or do I book different Tier 1 in the later morning hours (such as Soarin’) and hope for the best that I’ll be able to get an afternoon FP for FEA?
I’ve often gotten FEA as a 4th FP so it’s not impossible, but just remember you still need to use your 2 tier 2’s before trying for a second tier 1. If FEA is a must do, I’d book that as your tier 1 and keep trying to modify to an earlier time.

After you use 3 FP’s, can you book a tier 1 pass again in that park? If so, do people just get a FP swiped to fill this obligation, but then skip a ride/show (like voyage to little mermaids)?

After you use 3 FP’s, can you book a tier 1 pass again in that park? If so, do people just get a FP swiped to fill this obligation, but then skip a ride/show (like voyage to little mermaids)?
Yes you can add whatever additional FP you want after using the first 3. And yes, we've burned tier 2 FP's to get through them quickly in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!