FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few posts regarding throw away fastpasses....did we book ours wrong? Can someone explain this to me. I just know to use all 3, then as soon as you scan in for the 3rd, immediately try and book more.

I checked the first page & the addendum, but didn't see this mentioned, and it's a new situation for us.

We will be a group of 4 going to AK. Only two of the four wish to ride FOP, so obviously I'd like to try to get a FP for it for them.

If I make that the tier one FP for only 2 people, what do I do for the other 2 people? I can't really make a different Tier 1 for them, because then the 2 that went on FOP won't be able to have it as well, and will miss out on going on that ride as a group. But making FPs for FOP when you don't plan to ride sounds almost criminal, LOL!

So how does this work? Thanks!

Forgive me in advance, please, if this has already been addressed, as I don't have the time to read 353 pages and a search for this particular situation yielded me no results. Thank you.

In December, when we were at DAK, we'd park-hopped and had used our DAK Tier 1 for NRJ, then used a Tier 2 for Dino, and then didn't feel like walking to Africa for the safari, so booked a burner FP+ for ITtBaB, which I would never ever in a million zillion years subject myself to again.

So . . . we'd used up our Tier 1 and one Tier 2 and we tapped in to ITtBaB but didn't go into the attraction. So we'd tapped in only at the entrance. I don't even know if there's another tap point at that attraction, since I avoid it. (Bugs. Yick!)

I'd thought that this would've given us our 3 FP+s (1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2s) and that then we'd be able to book a fourth at either NRJ or FoP. However, MDE, even though showing NRJ FP+ availability, would not let us book this FP+. I forget the exact language used, but it was basically saying that we'd already had a Tier 1 and couldn't get another one. Hunh? At that point we just gave up since we didn't want to ride anything in Dinoland or see the Nemo show. It was darn frustrating to see that NRJ was available at a convenient time yet we were blocked from booking it.

Does DAK somehow know that you haven't really used the ITtBaB FP+ and so it's not counted? Or something else--another point that I've missed entirely?

Forgive me in advance, please, if this has already been addressed, as I don't have the time to read 353 pages and a search for this particular situation yielded me no results. Thank you.

In December, when we were at DAK, we'd park-hopped and had used our DAK Tier 1 for NRJ, then used a Tier 2 for Dino, and then didn't feel like walking to Africa for the safari, so booked a burner FP+ for ITtBaB, which I would never ever in a million zillion years subject myself to again.

So . . . we'd used up our Tier 1 and one Tier 2 and we tapped in to ITtBaB but didn't go into the attraction. So we'd tapped in only at the entrance. I don't even know if there's another tap point at that attraction, since I avoid it. (Bugs. Yick!)

I'd thought that this would've given us our 3 FP+s (1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2s) and that then we'd be able to book a fourth at either NRJ or FoP. However, MDE, even though showing NRJ FP+ availability, would not let us book this FP+. I forget the exact language used, but it was basically saying that we'd already had a Tier 1 and couldn't get another one. Hunh? At that point we just gave up since we didn't want to ride anything in Dinoland or see the Nemo show. It was darn frustrating to see that NRJ was available at a convenient time yet we were blocked from booking it.

Does DAK somehow know that you haven't really used the ITtBaB FP+ and so it's not counted? Or something else--another point that I've missed entirely?
Had either of your first 2 FP's gone down and turned into Anytime FP's? If all 3 FP's had have been used you should have been able to make any FP that you wanted after that. If one had become an anytime that would not have counted as having been used. We've burned ITTBAB multiple times and had no problem with not having done the show so that shouldn't be the problem.

I checked the first page & the addendum, but didn't see this mentioned, and it's a new situation for us.

We will be a group of 4 going to AK. Only two of the four wish to ride FOP, so obviously I'd like to try to get a FP for it for them.

If I make that the tier one FP for only 2 people, what do I do for the other 2 people? I can't really make a different Tier 1 for them, because then the 2 that went on FOP won't be able to have it as well, and will miss out on going on that ride as a group. But making FPs for FOP when you don't plan to ride sounds almost criminal, LOL!

So how does this work? Thanks!
That's just a decision you have to make for yourself. Do you want the 2 people to maybe go ride Navi while the others do FOP? Do they just want to wait outside of FOP for those riding? You could also make it for all 4 and let the 2 ride it twice (though then you have 2 people waiting around for an hour or so).

That's just a decision you have to make for yourself. Do you want the 2 people to maybe go ride Navi while the others do FOP? Do they just want to wait outside of FOP for those riding? You could also make it for all 4 and let the 2 ride it twice (though then you have 2 people waiting around for an hour or so).

Thanks. I wasn't even thinking of Navi. That could work.

Had either of your first 2 FP's gone down and turned into Anytime FP's? If all 3 FP's had have been used you should have been able to make any FP that you wanted after that. If one had become an anytime that would not have counted as having been used. We've burned ITTBAB multiple times and had no problem with not having done the show so that shouldn't be the problem.
Hey, @JETSDAD, thanks for responding. No, there were no anytime FPs in the lot. We were kinda bummed because we wanted to do one (or both) of the Pandora attractions again and also thought that using ITtBaB as the burner would be perfect. But it wasn't. Also, just FYI, all the other FPs, including Bug, had disappeared from our MDEs so it wasn't like the system thought we hadn't used one.

Hey, @JETSDAD, thanks for responding. No, there were no anytime FPs in the lot. We were kinda bummed because we wanted to do one (or both) of the Pandora attractions again and also thought that using ITtBaB as the burner would be perfect. But it wasn't. Also, just FYI, all the other FPs, including Bug, had disappeared from our MDEs so it wasn't like the system thought we hadn't used one.
Sometimes the system just acts screwy (well, 'sometimes' is just being polite lol). I often switch back and forth between the app and the mobile site when weird issues arise and that will sometimes fix the issue. Other times I will just add another FP and use/burn it to see if that helps.

Sometimes the system just acts screwy (well, 'sometimes' is just being polite lol). I often switch back and forth between the app and the mobile site when weird issues arise and that will sometimes fix the issue. Other times I will just add another FP and use/burn it to see if that helps.
I'll try the switching-to-the-mobile-site trick if this happens again. We would've tried for another burner, but we were nowhere near anything FP-able except Bug. Not sure if you can burn a Nemo show FP? Anyway, we didn't want to walk too far as we were already pretty exhausted from our park-hop day.
Thank you for the advice, @JETSDAD!

Question -

I have a vacation booked in June staying 4 nights at AoA. Tuesday -Saturday. We were offered a Hilton timeshare incentive deal (sit through presentation and get the 3-night stay comped) and decided to extend our vacation on the front end with a 3-night stay at Hilton Parc Soleil. We could have gotten a room at Bonnet Creek, to get those Disney perks, but since we need to go to Parc Soleil for the presentation (and because Parc Soleil has free parking and a bigger room) we opted to stay there.So we are staying offsite for the first three nights of our 7 night vacation.

So .. there isn't a way then to get 60-day fast passes for the front end of my stay since I am staying offsite? Saturday through Monday?

So, I will book my FPs at 60 days for TUE- SAT and then when the 30 day window comes up I can book my Fast Passes for MONDAY (the only day we were planning on going to parks during our Hilton stay).

Is that correct? Not the end of the world, but just wondering if there any options to deal with FPs for split stays like this.

Anyone have insight?

I’m struggling with how to book fastpasses for MK. What I mean is we will be there multiple days. Everything I read just tells me the top 3 for the whole park. But we are going multiple days to magic kingdom, so I wanna kind of break it down by area in the park. Are there any good things that say like for fantasy land there are the top 3 to fastpass, and for adventure/frontier land these are the 3 to get. I don’t want to waste one of my prebooked on something. We don’t need FP for ya know..

Anyone have insight?

I’m struggling with how to book fastpasses for MK. What I mean is we will be there multiple days. Everything I read just tells me the top 3 for the whole park. But we are going multiple days to magic kingdom, so I wanna kind of break it down by area in the park. Are there any good things that say like for fantasy land there are the top 3 to fastpass, and for adventure/frontier land these are the 3 to get. I don’t want to waste one of my prebooked on something. We don’t need FP for ya know..
I'm no expert by any means, but I wanted to chime in because that is how we're touring as well. Here's what we booked:

Wed 2/5 (EMH morning) FANTASYLAND
  • 9:05am Pooh (we wanted PP, but there weren't any available)
  • 10:10am Meet Cinderella and Elena
  • 5:10pm SDMR (the only time we could get, but we're going to constantly be refreshing for a better time)
Fri 2/7 (EMH morning) FRONTIERLAND and ADVENTURELAND
  • 9:20am Haunted Mansion (planning to use this at very end of FP window)
  • 10:40am Big Thunder Mountain
  • 11:45am Pirates
  • 12:15pm Jungle Cruise (4th FP?)
We're going to try to hit some of the typical FP rides during EMH (i.e., PP, stuff in Tomorrowland). Our other 2 MK days are afternoon visits, so we don't have advanced FPs for those days.

I'm no expert by any means, but I wanted to chime in because that is how we're touring as well. Here's what we booked:

Wed 2/5 (EMH morning) FANTASYLAND
  • 9:05am Pooh (we wanted PP, but there weren't any available)
  • 10:10am Meet Cinderella and Elena
  • 5:10pm SDMR (the only time we could get, but we're going to constantly be refreshing for a better time)
Fri 2/7 (EMH morning) FRONTIERLAND and ADVENTURELAND
  • 9:20am Haunted Mansion (planning to use this at very end of FP window)
  • 10:40am Big Thunder Mountain
  • 11:45am Pirates
  • 12:15pm Jungle Cruise (4th FP?)
We're going to try to hit some of the typical FP rides during EMH (i.e., PP, stuff in Tomorrowland). Our other 2 MK days are afternoon visits, so we don't have advanced FPs for those days.
Thank you!

Question about FP booking — My 60 day window opens tomorrow for our 6 day stay. We’re spending the first 2 days with just myself, my husband and our 2 girls. My parents have a reservation at the same hotel but are checking in on day 2 and spending 4 days with us at the park. I’m managing FP reservations for us all and everything is linked on MDE.

My question is — will it let me book my parents fast passes tomorrow when my window opens? Or will I have to wait 2 days and try to add them later this week?

Sorry this happened to you. It's very frustrating. We had the same unexplained block out of FOP or Navi as 4th FP last May. Never figured out a cause. But it was one of those weeks when MDE was iffy many times.

I spent a good while at whatever they were calling Guest Experience team then, across from Doug meet and greet, arguing about it with CMs. They eventually relented and gave me another FOP FP, but it was not a pleasant conversation. (They were adamant that you could only ever get one FOP FP a day, sort of like RotR is now. And that it was always that way - that FOP could never be a 4th FP. I explained I do it frequently as 4th FP. Frustrating chat.)

I was able to get FOP as 4th FP the next day no problem with MDE.

It didn't occur to me to switch to the website, but I will if it happens again.

Question about FP booking — My 60 day window opens tomorrow for our 6 day stay. We’re spending the first 2 days with just myself, my husband and our 2 girls. My parents have a reservation at the same hotel but are checking in on day 2 and spending 4 days with us at the park. I’m managing FP reservations for us all and everything is linked on MDE.

My question is — will it let me book my parents fast passes tomorrow when my window opens? Or will I have to wait 2 days and try to add them later this week?
Are their tickets part of a package or standalone? If package, you’ll have to wait until their window opens 2 days later. If standalone, you’ll be able to book for their days when your window opens.

Question -

I have a vacation booked in June staying 4 nights at AoA. Tuesday -Saturday. We were offered a Hilton timeshare incentive deal (sit through presentation and get the 3-night stay comped) and decided to extend our vacation on the front end with a 3-night stay at Hilton Parc Soleil. We could have gotten a room at Bonnet Creek, to get those Disney perks, but since we need to go to Parc Soleil for the presentation (and because Parc Soleil has free parking and a bigger room) we opted to stay there.So we are staying offsite for the first three nights of our 7 night vacation.

So .. there isn't a way then to get 60-day fast passes for the front end of my stay since I am staying offsite? Saturday through Monday?

So, I will book my FPs at 60 days for TUE- SAT and then when the 30 day window comes up I can book my Fast Passes for MONDAY (the only day we were planning on going to parks during our Hilton stay).

Is that correct? Not the end of the world, but just wondering if there any options to deal with FPs for split stays like this.
Correct. The 60 day window is only for onsite guests, so would only apply to the onsite portion of your stay.

ETA: I’m assuming your tickets were purchased separately and not part of a package linked to your onsite stay? If so, you’ll be able to book the Monday at its 30 day window.

Are their tickets part of a package or standalone? If package, you’ll have to wait until their window opens 2 days later. If standalone, you’ll be able to book for their days when your window opens.

The tickets are standalone — so good, it sounds like I’ll be able to book! Thanks so much for getting back to me — I tried searching the thread but couldn’t find that info for some reason!

Hi everyone. My 60 day Fastpass booking date is approaching soon for my trip in March. However there is a chance that I might need to change my checkin date to a few days later due to work reason.

if I was to book my FPs 60 days before my current checkin of March 23, but then have to change my checkin to say March 25th, will I lose the fastpasses that I booked originally?

Question.
Can anyone tell me which fast passes you have the most chance of scoring while in the park after you use your first 3?

Right now I have
Peter pan
Pirates
Haunted mansion
7 dwarfs
Splash mt
Jungle cruise

we were considering trading out splash for space mountain if splash is one u can get when you are there.
We have kids that probably won’t enjoy space near as much as splash.,.but the parents want space!

anyone have any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts