FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.
Can anyone tell me which fast passes you have the most chance of scoring while in the park after you use your first 3?

Right now I have
Peter pan
Pirates
Haunted mansion
7 dwarfs
Splash mt
Jungle cruise

we were considering trading out splash for space mountain if splash is one u can get when you are there.
We have kids that probably won’t enjoy space near as much as splash.,.but the parents want space!

anyone have any experience?
When we went last September Pirates and splash were more plentiful

Correct. The 60 day window is only for onsite guests, so would only apply to the onsite portion of your stay.

ETA: I’m assuming your tickets were purchased separately and not part of a package linked to your onsite stay? If so, you’ll be able to book the Monday at its 30 day window.
Yep .. tickets are separate ... three of us will have 5-day tickets I bought many years ago (before they started expiring) .. and my daughter will have an AP.

Thats fine .. I think I am only planning on hitting the MK on the days we are at the off-site resort and getting FPs for that park usually isnt an issue. I guess our only issue is by shortening our on-site stay, our options for the good FPs will be limited (if not impossible) to get. But with no idea how long Boarding Groups for Rise and no idea how Mickeys Railway will handle the queue, I am not too worried about it now.

Question.
Can anyone tell me which fast passes you have the most chance of scoring while in the park after you use your first 3?

Right now I have
Peter pan
Pirates
Haunted mansion
7 dwarfs
Splash mt
Jungle cruise

we were considering trading out splash for space mountain if splash is one u can get when you are there.
We have kids that probably won’t enjoy space near as much as splash.,.but the parents want space!

we go every year during spring break season and I’ve never had trouble getting Pirates same-day and even Haunted Mansion. I’ve also seen same-day Splash but it’s usually been more due to weather, so that’s hard to count on. Also, while I have seen Space Mountain same-day, it’s usually for a time later in the evening — not sure if that would be an issue for you or not. If I were you, I would swap out Pirates for Space. You’ll more than likely have no trouble finding a FP same day, or if you plan to rope drop, do Pirates then as it won’t be nearly a busy as SDMT, Peter Pan, etc.

Question.

Right now I have
Peter pan
Pirates
Haunted mansion
7 dwarfs
Splash mt
Jungle cruise

We had the most success with Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

Thank you in advance for your help - I have noticed people stating they snagged a better fastpass when the parks change their hours. While I understand the concept, I don't understand how to do it. Do I have to cancel a fastpass that I have just to see what is available?

Thank you in advance for your help - I have noticed people stating they snagged a better fastpass when the parks change their hours. While I understand the concept, I don't understand how to do it. Do I have to cancel a fastpass that I have just to see what is available?
You would just modify an existing FP. If you are looking for tier 1 FP's you would need to modify a tier 1.

We are staying onsite from 2/2 to 2/15 then going off site for 2 weeks. We have all our FPs for the onsite stay (14 days worth) and now we want to add some for our off site stay. Can we get one for 2/22 or is there a maximum number of FPs you can hold at one time?
Thanks,
Tony

How does resort cancellation work with FastPasses?

I know when I cancelled my room only reservation in October, i got warnings (for each Fast Pass) about my Fast Passes saying they may be remove, but they seemed to never go away and I chose to manually delete those as well days later. I was expecting them to be auto-deleted.

I guess it may help with a specific scenario:
Book a 5-night resort only stay at Disney resort (say MO-SA)
At the 60 day mark, Make Fast Passes for 5 of those days (MO, TU, WE, FR, SA).
Sometime later shorten that stay to 4 nights (TU-SA)

Are all fast passes cancelled? (and have to remake them?)
Are just the Monday fast passes cancelled (which is what I would expect) and need to remake the MO fast passes at 30 days? The others will remain since I still have a Disney resort stay?

I will probably get my resort stay days shored up before the 60-day FP mark, but I am just curious how this works. And my planned MO was MK, so I dont really care if have to remake those at 30 days ... (thanks to a lot of choices)

Last edited:
Very Very helpful post. Clarifying question have 19 nights booked on-site back to back 3 split stays dvc rentals and room only reservation. 10 day start dated ticket linked to account purchased from undercover tourist. As long as I book 10 days worth of fastpasses within the required 14 day window from start date on ticket my booking window opens 60 days before 1st check-in do I have that correct?

I have a question: I booked my fast passes two weeks before my trip to magic kingdom. I’ll be there Feb 1. Unfortunately it’s a last minute trip and I’m bummed my options stink at this point. I have pirates and jungle cruise for late morning. And space mountain between 7:20-8:20. TMRR is open at 9 and so is Peter Pan. My question is this. Should I keep space mountain or give it up for an earlier fast pass at haunted mansion or speedway so I can use 3 more passes that day?

I have a question: I booked my fast passes two weeks before my trip to magic kingdom. I’ll be there Feb 1. Unfortunately it’s a last minute trip and I’m bummed my options stink at this point. I have pirates and jungle cruise for late morning. And space mountain between 7:20-8:20. TMRR is open at 9 and so is Peter Pan. My question is this. Should I keep space mountain or give it up for an earlier fast pass at haunted mansion or speedway so I can use 3 more passes that day?

I'd book all of your passes in the morning and hope to pick up more throughout the day. I think worst case scenario is that you wait a little longer at Space Mountain, but shorter waits at everything else would more than make up for that.

My theory is always use your fast passes up as FAST as possible (like before lunch) so you have flexible options later in the day. Either to get more Fast Passes or to just be able to go on whatever rides/shows have the shortest waits without being tied to a specific time that may force you to "rush" to another part of the park. Same day fast passes are sometimes very scarce, but still open up.

But I am traveling with small kids that may not make it to the late afternoon or evening, so that influences my decision as well.

If you are traveling alone, I would get fast passes at any time of day they are available for the traditionally LONG waits that you want to ride - (the mountains, peter pan, etc.) and just make sure you get there at rope drop to take advantage of that magic hour (the first hour the park opens).

The problem with later fast passes is that they may be wasted if the park has cleared out enough that the standby line isn't really that long. There is a reason they are still available with only two weeks to go.

I have my FPs booked for Studios on Feb. 9. My SDD is at 11:45. They just changed the opening hours to 8am so I want to try for an earlier FP. It seems I have to cancel my existing FP and then request a new one. If I cancel and cant get one for SDD, I wont be happy. Is there a way to make sure I get an earlier one or is it just luck of the draw.
Might just leave things as is, after all the angst I went through booking them at 60 plus days out, lol.

I have my FPs booked for Studios on Feb. 9. My SDD is at 11:45. They just changed the opening hours to 8am so I want to try for an earlier FP. It seems I have to cancel my existing FP and then request a new one. If I cancel and cant get one for SDD, I wont be happy. Is there a way to make sure I get an earlier one or is it just luck of the draw.
Might just leave things as is, after all the angst I went through booking them at 60 plus days out, lol.
Just modify your existing tier 1.

Has anyone used the change party function(mentioned on page1) to change FP between members of same party? Does it only show up when in the park? Any help with trying to change FP's between members of party would be appreciated.

Has anyone used the change party function(mentioned on page1) to change FP between members of same party? Does it only show up when in the park? Any help with trying to change FP's between members of party would be appreciated.
Unfortunately the Change Party ability was removed in spring of 2018 (I believe that's when it was).

With the tiers moving feb 19 in hs is that the first day they physical start or when I do my fast passes on the 10th for my April trip will I be able to select the new tiers?

With the tiers moving feb 19 in hs is that the first day they physical start or when I do my fast passes on the 10th for my April trip will I be able to select the new tiers?

You can select the new tiers for your April trip when your booking window opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!