FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for your quick responses it was a lifesaver Slinky Dog Style.

60+1 worked, since I was checking in on 3/29 and going to HS on 3/30

After some panicked refreshing to start my day because it was giving me the page saying it wasn't my time or I didn't have tickets yet. I was able to get in and land a Slinky Dog FP+ from 7:05-8:05, which is great cause I can still do Fantasmic dinner package I had originally planned to do. I was also able to get TSM and TOT. TSM was already in afternoon slots.

FYI, as well with in 2-4 minutes all the FP+ for Slinky Dog and Millennium Falcon were gone at 60+1
Thanks for the update. For clarification, was your ticket active for 3/29 or was 3/30 the first day you could book? With date based tickets, I imagine most people will pick their first day to be their first planned park day rather than their arrival day.

I still don’t have my plane tickets yet, so my arrival day may be before my first park day, depending on airfare.

That is where I was confused and reading more made me question so I asked here.

My check in date for the my Disney Springs hotel was 3/29, so even though I am attending the park on 3/30 I was able to go 60 days from my check in date (3/29) instead of 60 days from my park date (3/30). So I had a much needed advantage that actually allowed me to get FP+ at 61 days for my park day of 3/30. Without that extra day help I would not have been able to get Slinky Dog or MFSR. Even with the advantage it took being on right at 7a and some luck to get the FP+ cause they were gone so quickly.

That is where I was confused and reading more made me question so I asked here.

My check in date for the my Disney Springs hotel was 3/29, so even though I am attending the park on 3/30 I was able to go 60 days from my check in date (3/29) instead of 60 days from my park date (3/30). So I had a much needed advantage that actually allowed me to get FP+ at 61 days for my park day of 3/30. Without that extra day help I would not have been able to get Slinky Dog or MFSR. Even with the advantage it took being on right at 7a and some luck to get the FP+ cause they were gone so quickly.

You definitely had some luck, I'm so glad it worked out! I booked our FP's a couple of weeks ago and SDD was gone for day of arrival and our first 3 park days before I started. Enjoy your trip!

I don't know if I am over thinking it. That is also why I choose a Monday at HS cause it is the day after EMH there and most people start their week with MK so anyone who is staying multiple days may focus on HS at 60+3 or 60+4 so they can get an earlier SDD or MSFR FP+ and hope to add a 4th, 5th etc SDFP+ for the day

We had talked about going Wednesday 4/1 but thought we would have no shot that late in the week.

Hi,

There is 4 of us on this trip, and my friend's daughter is 5. She is tall, but scared of big rides. I am planning the fastpasses for the Group.

There are a few rides, like FOP or Everest, that she won't do. Should I book a fastpass for her anyway so that our group remains at the same number of fastpasses? Then she could tap her bracelet, but not ride? And wait outside the ride with her mom?

Or tap, do the line with us, then my friend walks out with her daugther without riding?

Thank you!

Isabelle

Hi,

There is 4 of us on this trip, and my friend's daughter is 5. She is tall, but scared of big rides. I am planning the fastpasses for the Group.

There are a few rides, like FOP or Everest, that she won't do. Should I book a fastpass for her anyway so that our group remains at the same number of fastpasses? Then she could tap her bracelet, but not ride? And wait outside the ride with her mom?

Or tap, do the line with us, then my friend walks out with her daugther without riding?

Thank you!

Isabelle
Better yet. After you are done riding take her bracelet, scan and ride again by yourself. I plan on doing this with my 4 year old on our trip next month if he gets scared at thunder mountain, etc.

I have a different FP+ question as I look into the park special tickets for a possible summer trip. By schedule I would only be able to stay on site for the first two days and would drive up for day trips for the last two parks' admissions. I know I have 7 days to use up all 4 admissions. For this scenario and easy math. If my check in date is 7/1 and I check out 7/2. I know I can get 60 day FP+ starting on 7/1 for days 1 and 2 . Do I get early booking for the other two days of my trip that happen later as well so I could be 60+3, etc. or do those other two days revert to 30 day FP+ windows?

After some panicked refreshing to start my day because it was giving me the page saying it wasn't my time or I didn't have tickets yet.
The same thing happened to me. I was originally on my computer, but quickly switched to the app, and then had no problems choosing rides. Thank goodness I was still able to book everything a few minutes after 7am.

Appreciate it will differ from ride to ride, but how long would you say on average you have to wait for a ride when your in the fast pass queue???

I've read through this and think I have a fair understanding, BUT, I'm a non-resort ticket holder going on March 6 so I'm curious, would I thus be able to get fastpasses on Feb. 6 or would it potentially be earlier given there's only 29 days in this month not 30?

Last edited:
I've read through this and think I have a fair understanding, BUT, I'm a non-resort ticket holder going on Jan. 6 so I'm curious, would I thus be able to get fastpasses on Feb. 6 or would it potentially be earlier given there's only 29 days in this month not 30?

Assuming you mean March 6...thirty days before that is February 5.

Assuming you mean March 6...thirty days before that is February 5.
Thank you! And yes I meant March 6, not sure why I wrote January. :P And thanks, this is actually first time I'm doing FastPass where I can book well ahead of time. Most times in the past I don't get my ticket until at most a week before I go so by then everything's almost always gone so want to try and actually snag a good Tier 1 if it works out.

Re-posting this in hopes of gaining some information:

I have a different FP+ question as I look into the park special tickets for a possible summer trip. By schedule I would only be able to stay on site for the first two days and would drive up for day trips for the last two parks' admissions. I know I have 7 days to use up all 4 admissions. For this scenario and easy math. If my check in date is 7/1 and I check out 7/2. I know I can get 60 day FP+ starting on 7/1 for days 1 and 2 . Do I get early booking for the other two days of my trip that happen later as well so I could be 60+3, etc. or do those other two days revert to 30 day FP+ windows?

Question regarding Hollywood studios and the new tiers.

•Millenium Falcon FastPasses open 2/19.
•My FP window opens tomorrow morning for our April stay

Will I have access to MF and the new tier system when I try to book tomorrow or will it still be the current tiers and i will have to make placeholders and then change the morning of 2/19?

Thanks in advance

Question regarding Hollywood studios and the new tiers.

•Millenium Falcon FastPasses open 2/19.
•My FP window opens tomorrow morning for our April stay

Will I have access to MF and the new tier system when I try to book tomorrow or will it still be the current tiers and i will have to make placeholders and then change the morning of 2/19?

Thanks in advance

You will be able to book MFSR. If tomorrow is exactly 60 days I wish you luck cause so far it seems both SDD and MSFR have been gone at 60 day mark. I was on exactly at 7:00a for 60+1 and got one of the last SDD and both attractions final FP+ spots were gone in 2-4 minutes.

You will be able to book MFSR. If tomorrow is exactly 60 days I wish you luck cause so far it seems both SDD and MSFR have been gone at 60 day mark. I was on exactly at 7:00a for 60+1 and got one of the last SDD and both attractions final FP+ spots were gone in 2-4 minutes.

Sounds like I will be having a wonderful morning tomorrow. Yikes. Thanks for the heads up

Sounds like I will be having a wonderful morning tomorrow. Yikes. Thanks for the heads up

Also to follow up cause I figured this out last minute. The 60 day mark starts from your resort check in day and not first park day. So if they do not match you could actually be looking into FP+ right now if your check in day is 60 days from today (2/3)

I have an on-site reservation at Pop Century for September 1 - 8. It includes "free dining" and a 7-day park hopper (reservation confirmation email states tickets valid from September 1-10). I'm thinking of adding an on-site room-only reservation for Pop Century for August 29 - September 1. So it will be a legit on-site split reservation.

So my questions are:
  1. Can I use the tickets associated with the second reservation during the days associated with the first reservation (before September 1)?
  2. Can I start making my ADRs 180 days prior to August 29?
  3. Can I start making my FPs 60 prior to August 29?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!