Fastpass help

Goseethemouse

Mouseketeer
This will be the first time that we use the new Fastpass system and I am not sure how best to approach this.

We currently have a reservation with free dining starting 8/20 for five nights. However, we will probably be at Disney for about two weeks (still working on the flight but around 8/17 to 9/1, give or take a day). If I understand it correctly I could start making reservations any day now, BUT...

I am actually thinking of cancelling our current reservation (including the ticket) and staying at a timeshare instead. I am hoping/expecting to stay at DVC but that is not 100% sure, I am also not quite sure yet about what ticket we will have.

So, if I go ahead and make Fastpass reservations now, I assume they will get cancelled when I cancel my current reservation?
The earliest I can make reservations would then be either once I book the timeshare or 30 days out, correct?
Is there anything I am overlooking or need to consider? I would love to go ahead and make the reservations now but I don't think I can keep them...

From the FastPass FAQ:

It depends on when you book your vacation. With the purchase of theme park admission, you can make FastPass+ selections for attractions, entertainment and Character Greetings up to 30 days in advance of each day of your theme park visit. If you also have a reservation at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can start making your FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to your check-in date.

So everything is tied to your tickets/hotel stay.

Though I think you can make some dining reservations without having hotel/park tickets purchased. I've made reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table in without a trip, though I did plunk down the deposit.

edit:
Also touringplans has a good faq:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/making-fastpass-reservations

Last edited:
So, if I go ahead and make Fastpass reservations now, I assume they will get cancelled when I cancel my current reservation?
If you purchase and link separate tickets before you cancel your onsite package, all your FPs will remain. Once FPs are booked, they remain in your account based on valid tickets also linked there.

If you purchase and link separate tickets before you cancel your onsite package, all your FPs will remain. Once FPs are booked, they remain in your account based on valid tickets also linked there.

Sounds promising but I am not quite sure I understand this correctly:

Let's say I make FP reservations tomorrow/as soon as my window opens. Then I buy separate tickets (either via Disney or otherwise) and link them to my ME account. If I then cancel my free dining package the FP remain?

Does it matter whether I have already linked a new onsite stay? I would have to cancel my current hotel reservation 30 days before check-in and I hope to get the DVC reservation before then but it might be closer to two weeks before check-in...

Let's say I make FP reservations tomorrow/as soon as my window opens. Then I buy separate tickets (either via Disney or otherwise) and link them to my ME account. If I then cancel my free dining package the FP remain?
Yes. It’s the tickets that will keep the FPs intact - no onsite stay is necessary after you cancel your package.

Yes. It’s the tickets that will keep the FPs intact - no onsite stay is necessary after you cancel your package.

Thanks so much - this is very helpful! So it is definitely worthwhile to make the reservations now and I just need to make sure to link new tickets before I (possibly) cancel my current package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter