FastPass of the Future? Will DVC be a segment?

I hope they give DVC members top priority equal to the other deluxe resorts when it happens. It's about time Disney gave us a perk instead of more fees or reduced perks, after all we are the ones who dump all our money into their laps and keep doing so with a smile lol.:cool1: Everyone knows you can never have enough points! :thumbsup2

so, what would occur if I went down there and stayed in my DVC room and got fastpasses, but wanted to do the parks with my local friends? No fastpasses for my friends? Can I give them fastpasses?

Not everybody travels in family groups that stay in hotels together (Okay, maybe the vast majority do).

I think the AP discount is a pretty good perq so I wouldn't say we don't have any.

:rotfl2: How will my TGM fit into this possible change??? YIKES. I shutter to think what will happen with my future trips if DVC is not included and how this will affect us loyal TGM fanatics and the planning we all love.

so, what would occur if I went down there and stayed in my DVC room and got fastpasses, but wanted to do the parks with my local friends? No fastpasses for my friends? Can I give them fastpasses?
I would hope not. That would lead to too much abuse IMHO. When I travel with friends, and I have a benefit that they don't have, I forgo the benefit in favor of spending time with my friends.

I would hope not. That would lead to too much abuse IMHO. When I travel with friends, and I have a benefit that they don't have, I forgo the benefit in favor of spending time with my friends.

Then I am to be penalized for having friends who live there and don't travel with me.

Here's hoping they keep things the way they are now.

No, not penalized. You'll simply have the choice of taking advantage of the benefits yourself, because you qualify for them, or going along with your friends, and thereby voluntarily restrict yourself to the limitations they are subject to. This is no different from if you are staying at the Beach Club DVC and your friends are staying at Pop Century: You will almost surely be allowed to pool-hop and join them at their pool, while you wouldn't be able to bring them along with you to enjoy Storm-a-Long Bay.

I would like to see the old system remain in place. However, I don't think it would be a bad thing if DVC members were given a few Fastpasses to make their stay a little easier. Maybe 8-10 per person per visit...maybe 2 per person per day...etc. to be used at our convenience. That would only allow 2-3 per park if one were to spread their use out. DVC members would still have to use the current Fastpass system for the most of their vacation. DVC members would feel like they were getting a little something special but not so much that we get into the "I deserve to be the front of the line because I am a DVC member" issue.

Just a thought...a girl can dream!!!:)

:rotfl2: How will my TGM fit into this possible change??? YIKES. I shutter to think what will happen with my future trips if DVC is not included and how this will affect us loyal TGM fanatics and the planning we all love.

I'm with you! It would really shake up some of my TGM touring plans! Not sure if this was posted but there was an article in the Orlando Sentinel.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...336.story?coll=orl-business-headlines-tourism

Don't they push the "stay in deluxe accommodations" reference more than once during the DVC sales pitch? I think DVC would be put at the top with the Deluxe hotels but possibly with a few restrictions.

Blakely

This would definitely be a greater complaint for me:

If deluxes got a fast pass and DVC didn't. Value of our "ownership" would decrease right there.

I don't think the DVC sales reps would like it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter