Fastpass Plus with parent swap?

CB11

Earning My Ears
We are a family of four visiting Disney World the end of November. I'm curious how Fast Pass Plus works with parent swap? I have two boys 6 and 4. There Is a couple rides we would like to go on but my 4 year old won't be tall enough.I just spoke with 3 different Disney Representatives and got three different answers. The last representative I spoke with told me that we all need to have fast passes. And the benefit of parent swap was that the second parent gets to bring two additional people with them on the ride.
Thank you so much!

We are a family of four visiting Disney World the end of November. I'm curious how Fast Pass Plus works with parent swap? I have two boys 6 and 4. There Is a couple rides we would like to go on but my 4 year old won't be tall enough.I just spoke with 3 different Disney Representatives and got three different answers. The last representative I spoke with told me that we all need to have fast passes. And the benefit of parent swap was that the second parent gets to bring two additional people with them on the ride.
Thank you so much!
Info in this thread:
DIGITAL Rider Swap/Rider Switch/Child Swap: In Effect as of June 16th

This is how it works, for us.

If you have FP's, you go to the FP entrance as a family. Tell them you need a rider switch pass. They verify your child is too small. They ask who is riding first, and who will be riding second. For the people riding second, they will scan your bands with an ipad which loads the pass on them. The passes are good for an hour and allow for up to three people to reride. We are a family of 5. Usually DW will ride with the two children who are tall enough, and then I will ride with them the second time. It worked well last weekend. You only need the FP if the first crew is using the FP line. If they are riding regular standby, they obviously don't need a FP.

If you have FP's, you go to the FP entrance as a family. Tell them you need a rider switch pass. They verify your child is too small. They ask who is riding first, and who will be riding second. For the people riding second, they will scan your bands with an ipad which loads the pass on them. The passes are good for an hour and allow for up to three people to reride. We are a family of 5. Usually DW will ride with the two children who are tall enough, and then I will ride with them the second time. It worked well last weekend. You only need the FP if the first crew is using the FP line. If they are riding regular standby, they obviously don't need a FP.

If you have FP's, you go to the FP entrance as a family. Tell them you need a rider switch pass. They verify your child is too small. They ask who is riding first, and who will be riding second. For the people riding second, they will scan your bands with an ipad which loads the pass on them. The passes are good for an hour and allow for up to three people to reride. We are a family of 5. Usually DW will ride with the two children who are tall enough, and then I will ride with them the second time. It worked well last weekend. You only need the FP if the first crew is using the FP line. If they are riding regular standby, they obviously don't need a FP.[/QUO
So only the people riding in the first group need a FastPass correct? Or will we all need one even people riding in the second group?

There are reports out there that everyone needs an FP.

We don't uber plan anymore, so for the last trip we just all got FP's for space mountain, for example.

But in the past, we would sometimes only get FP's for the people going first and then myself and the little one would get a FP for Buzz or something else during the same time. I can't tell you for sure with the new plan if you all have to have a FP. But I doubt that you would. Just my thought.

So we are a family of 4 - Me, DH, DS6, and DD8. My DS6 does not like rides at all. Are we able to take part of rider swap? He is tall enough for these rides, he just won't ride them. I would have for me or DH to have to ride alone all the time.

So we are a family of 4 - Me, DH, DS6, and DD8. My DS6 does not like rides at all. Are we able to take part of rider swap? He is tall enough for these rides, he just won't ride them. I would have for me or DH to have to ride alone all the time.

From the stories shared here, it definitely seems its up to the cast member at the ride.

I'm sure you could plead your case and as long as you are nice about it I couldn't see them refusing to issue a switch pass.

From the stories shared here, it definitely seems its up to the cast member at the ride.

I'm sure you could plead your case and as long as you are nice about it I couldn't see them refusing to issue a switch pass.

Well, I'm always very nice, my DS is obviously disabled to see and we are supposed to qualify for one ..... but to date have always been refused.

They may also simply offer you all go in line together (which beats being split up) and they will handle a swap inside the ride.

I saw on another post.
What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work?
If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out!

If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

I saw on another post.
If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out!

If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

Yes, we've had that info for years. Unfortunately with many things Disney, what happens at the actual rides can vary. Front line CM's have the last word so all should always be prepared for all the what ifs.

I saw on another post.

My thing is, now the adult who was staying behind with the non-rider(s) has to ride alone. This is what happens to us all the time and it's usually DH, who will then just skip the ride because he doesn't want to go himself. :confused3

Well, I'm always very nice, my DS is obviously disabled to see and we are supposed to qualify for one ..... but to date have always been refused.

They may also simply offer you all go in line together (which beats being split up) and they will handle a swap inside the ride.

I think that is so terrible.

But, seems you make the best of it.

One day their policies online will match the practices in the parks.....

I love your positivity!

I have no hope. Years and years of this has proven they don't care enough.

I just focus on the good stuff, have Plans A B and C, work our trips around the plans, and avoid the bad things that just don't work. Of course we have had the bad things that were unexpected to happen ... and that usually leads to learning where we can improve our plan and where Disney fails. Most their failures are having to do with poor training and implementation but that is to be expected with the large percentage of their front line being a constant overturn. Sadly some of these things have been vacation ending. :(

We can't promise anyone anything will happen, even if in writing .... I feel like everyone should have backup plans for just about everything.

My thing is, now the adult who was staying behind with the non-rider(s) has to ride alone. This is what happens to us all the time and it's usually DH, who will then just skip the ride because he doesn't want to go himself. :confused3

If everyone is tall enough to ride, but one doesn't want to, why would Disney be expected to give the family extra access to the FP queue? Could you see how quickly this would cause FP not to be so fast?

See above.

I love your positivity!

I have no hope. Years and years of this has proven they don't care enough.

I just focus on the good stuff, have Plans A B and C, work our trips around the plans, and avoid the bad things that just don't work. Of course we have had the bad things that were unexpected to happen ... and that usually leads to learning where we can improve our plan and where Disney fails. Most their failures are having to do with poor training and implementation but that is to be expected with the large percentage of their front line being a constant overturn. Sadly some of these things have been vacation ending. :(

We can't promise anyone anything will happen, even if in writing .... I feel like everyone should have backup plans for just about everything.

If someone is tall enough to ride - OK, see above.

If everyone is tall enough to ride, but one doesn't want to, why would Disney be expected to give the family extra access to the FP queue? Could you see how quickly this would cause FP not to be so fast?

See above.

If someone is tall enough to ride - OK, see above.

Technically NO ONE wanting to use FP+ needs to utilize Rider Swap since it was designed specifically for the SB line.

But Disney allows FP+ users to get it .....

And the reason why they should allow those you are talking to .................

because the Disney website says ANYONE not wishing to ride .... not too short.

Should it? Probably not, especially if they can do a swap easily inside.

So I agree that Disney shouldn't give access to the FP+ to people whose first party went via FP+ .... but they do.

AND if they don't want to offer RS to tall enough guests who can't ride and need someone to stay with them ....

Then take that information off the website as to how the system works. And change the name back to Child Swap.

And I'm okay with that. I'm not okay that they change the rules from CM to CM, and do not adhere to their own published policy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!