FastPass restrictions for split stays

I've read most of this thread, but I feel better if someone confirmed what I think I know. :)
  • We have a split stay in late November/early December: 2 nights at All Star Sports, then the rest at Saratoga Springs.
  • We are DVC members
  • We are using Annual Passes
From what I've read, I should be ok getting all of my FP+ for the entire trip when the All-star Sports window opens...right? Thanks in advance!

I've read most of this thread, but I feel better if someone confirmed what I think I know. :)
  • We have a split stay in late November/early December: 2 nights at All Star Sports, then the rest at Saratoga Springs.
  • We are DVC members
  • We are using Annual Passes
From what I've read, I should be ok getting all of my FP+ for the entire trip when the All-star Sports window opens...right? Thanks in advance!
You should be. The only caveat is if you have any FP picked for an off-site stay which there are some issues with AP. But if you have no FP picked that don't rely on a resort stay then you shoudl be fine.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I want to be prepared, so any advice is appreciated! I have a split stay between poly villas and BCV, because BCV did not have all the dates we needed available. I've read the confirmation that I should be able to choose the FP for the entire stay on the first day of eligibility of the Poly reservation. My worry is, how will the system know that we have the two stays? Do I need to link them in some way in MDE, or do I need to call MS and let them know, first? Or does it just "know"?
Sorry if this is obvious, but we haven't done this in about 5 years, so I want to be sure I am not trying to problem solve the day the window opens.
Thanks!

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I want to be prepared, so any advice is appreciated! I have a split stay between poly villas and BCV, because BCV did not have all the dates we needed available. I've read the confirmation that I should be able to choose the FP for the entire stay on the first day of eligibility of the Poly reservation. My worry is, how will the system know that we have the two stays? Do I need to link them in some way in MDE, or do I need to call MS and let them know, first? Or does it just "know"?
Sorry if this is obvious, but we haven't done this in about 5 years, so I want to be sure I am not trying to problem solve the day the window opens.
Thanks!

As long as both stays are in MDE, you should be fine. I just did it with no issues for a split stay. Double check that you can see both reservations in MDE.

Here is is situation I haven't seen:
We made FPs for an entire Triple split stay 4 days Poly, 2 days AKL. 4 days BWV. All consecutive days on MDE.
We are considering moving to Universal for the 2 AKL days, canceling those days. And then returning to BWV as planned.
We didn't make FPs for those 2 middle days using them as resort/pool days at AKL.
Will this effect our FPs during the 4 days at BWV?
Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
nothing should happen to them. you still have a reservation supporting them.

Here is is situation I haven't seen:
We made FPs for an entire Triple split stay 4 days Poly, 2 days AKL. 4 days BWV. All consecutive days on MDE.
We are considering moving to Universal for the 2 AKL days, canceling those days. And then returning to BWV as planned.
We didn't make FPs for those 2 middle days using them as resort/pool days at AKL.
Will this effect our FPs during the 4 days at BWV?
Thanks for any insight.

nothing should happen to them. you still have a reservation supporting them.
Well I’m not sure if this is true. If those 2 days gave them an advantage, I could see them potentially being dropped. What I mean is if on the first day a FP was made they made it for all 8 days they planned on being there (so used the 2 days to get the last 4 days earlier by the fact it was continuous stay) then Disney would be in the right to cancel the last 4 days because the 2 days cancelled where utilized to give an advantage for those 4 days. I would ask under the actual FP thread in the Theme Park and Strategies section of the DIS

the way it has been working is if you have an underlying reservation to support the fast passes they will not disappear. We could speculate Disney “could” do anything anytime, but it has not been happening.

the way it has been working is if you have an underlying reservation to support the fast passes they will not disappear. We could speculate Disney “could” do anything anytime, but it has not been happening.
On the main FP thread, I have seen reports that if leading days were deleted (though the DIS no longer allows it to be discussed because it is against Disney Policy so it hasn't been hashed out completely) they were cancelling FP, because rooms that gave you an advantage (back around the beginning of the year when they started enforcing the rules finally). So I would suspect cancelling middle days could function the same, since they are leading days to the third part of the stay.

Here is the thread that goes over leading reservations and cancelling entire reservations. https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-to-cancel-fps-if-room-is-cancelled.3732429/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!