FastPass restrictions for split stays

I can confirm that fp+ windows are continuous with split stays, as of yesterday.

We have a split stay beginning May 31st, and I was able to book fp's for both stays yesterday morning.

Can't say with ADR's. We never make ADR's more than one day in advance.

That's great news.

I can confirm that fp+ windows are continuous with split stays, as of yesterday.

We have a split stay beginning May 31st, and I was able to book fp's for both stays yesterday morning.

Can't say with ADR's. We never make ADR's more than one day in advance.

Same thing here - I was able to book ADR's for the entirety of our trip as well, although that was four months ago...

I had ADR window on a split stay and I was not able to book ADRs for entire stay. Usually they give you a ten day window but not this time. I was able to book first 4 days then the next 3 days.
This happened to me for my June trip, and when FP went nuts, I just booked the whole week at SSR...I need those priority FP+!

You guys are so informed and helpful. So as I understand it our stay will be viewed as continuous for FP+ purposes even if we do cash at AoA for four days and then switch to a DVC property (on our own points) for the last five days? (We want to try out the new gondolas!)

You guys are so informed and helpful. So as I understand it our stay will be viewed as continuous for FP+ purposes even if we do cash at AoA for four days and then switch to a DVC property (on our own points) for the last five days? (We want to try out the new gondolas!)

We are doing this exact situation on our upcoming trip, and the FP+ window for our entire trip opened at sixty days. YMMV, but you should expect the same!

Just FYI, this morning I was able to book fast passes for my entire June stay - which is split between two DVC resorts and one night cash at a moderate at the end of the stay. No problem.
Happy to hear this. Thanks for posting your very recent experience. :)

I've had split stays before and have always booked adrs across the entire stay in the first day

(Same here: I may have had a problem once in 2015.)

Do we know if this is DVC exclusive? Or do cash/hotel stays also work across a split?

It works now across all stays. it's not specific to DVC stays (no way MDE programmers could manage that).

I was on the Theme Parks board looking something else up, and AP holders were saying that they were having problems with booking FP for their next stay if they hadn't checked out for their first stay yet. This is going to affect me next week: We will be at VGF for April break when the FP window opens for our short trip in June. What I am reading from that thread is that I either won't be able to book any FPs at all (still checked in at VGF), or I will only be able to book 1 day at a time at the 60-day window. Posting now and will be back to edit and add the link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-read-post-406.3737301/page-29#post-60517316

Look at post 569 and the ones after it. It seems unintentional but is still a problem if you have stays booked approx. 60 days apart. From my reading, it looks like the 2nd 60 day window won't open at all, and I'll only be able to book 1 day at a time at the 30 day window (because I'm an AP holder). Has anyone else encountered this?

Last edited:
So I have a split stay and have been advised by an agent that I just spoke to that I can't book them all at the beginning and will need to do it separately based on 60 days prior to check in day at each hotel.

I was wondering, what happens if I make a dummy booking for the entire stay at another disney hotel (for the period of the split stay) and then cancel afterwards, would my fastpasses remain as I'll still be staying at disney during this period?

So I have a split stay and have been advised by an agent that I just spoke to that I can't book them all at the beginning and will need to do it separately based on 60 days prior to check in day at each hotel.

I was wondering, what happens if I make a dummy booking for the entire stay at another disney hotel (for the period of the split stay) and then cancel afterwards, would my fastpasses remain as I'll still be staying at disney during this period?
Are you a DVC Member staying at DVC resorts? If so, there doesn't appear to be a problem booking FP+ for your entire stay when the 60 day window opens for the first portion.

AFAIK, there still is a problem booking ADRs (180+10) for DVC split stays online, but if you call MS, the CM can book them for you.

If you are not a DVC member utilizing your points for stays at DVC resorts, please post your question on the Theme Parks Board. It may be different for the Disney Hotels and I've read reports that pass holder are encountering issues when booking the Hotels.

Again, AFAIK, there currently aren't FP+ issues with DVC bookings.

Are you a DVC Member staying at DVC resorts? If so, there doesn't appear to be a problem booking FP+ for your entire stay when the 60 day window opens for the first portion.

AFAIK, there still is a problem booking ADRs (180+10) for DVC split stays online, but if you call MS, the CM can book them for you.

If you are not a DVC member utilizing your points for stays at DVC resorts, please post your question on the Theme Parks Board. It may be different for the Disney Hotels and I've read reports that pass holder are encountering issues when booking the Hotels.

Again, AFAIK, there currently aren't FP+ issues with DVC bookings.
So for cash and DVC (or a combo) split stays there is no problem booking FP; it’s been all corrected based on reports I’ve seen on the Theme Park Boards. There is a problem with AP holders in that if a FP is selected for any offsite days the 7 day maximum number of FP days kicks in overriding the rule that you can get as many for length of stay up to 14. They claim that is a bug but as far as I know hasn’t been corrected yet.

Last edited:
Just to add, you can get FP's for your full length of onsite stay but if your trip is more than 14 days you will only be able to book the first 14 days when your window opens. After that, you will have to book your next FP day the day after your window opens and so on until you have all your days covered.

I am not saying the agent you spoke to is wrong, however, it would not be the first time. Based on what recent posts have said split stays no longer seem to be an issue.

I trust the people here more than I do the typical cast member.

I do not think I would try the dummy stay, that is the whole reason this problem cropped up. People were making dummy leading stays and cancelling them. However, it is an interesting question about them being at THE SAME time.

Personally I would not risk loosing them with the dummy stay.

My recent experience is that FP+ is even becoming less of an issue. Previously, I had to go to day 5 or 6 of a long stay to get FOP, my last trip there was multiple available in the first few days. of the trip.

I have never really had a problem with anything else. SDMT has always been available at 60 days in the first few days. Have not tried slink dog recently, but I dont use a FP for that since I think it is so much better at night time. YMMV of course.

Typically do Vero After WDW, but this August doing Vero for a few nights, then WDW. Anyone khow if there is an exception with a split stay FP reservation being made at 60 days from first resort stay to Vero first? Thanks much in advance!
:thanks:

Typically do Vero After WDW, but this August doing Vero for a few nights, then WDW. Anyone khow if there is an exception with a split stay FP reservation being made at 60 days from first resort stay to Vero first? Thanks much in advance!
:thanks:
It would be 60 days from your WDW resort reservation. So your VB reservation wouldn't apply. Also, any gaps between reservations resets the counter as well (if you stay 3 nights at BCV, then 1 night at VB and then 3 nights at VGF you would have two separate 60 day windows).

It would be 60 days from your WDW resort reservation. So your VB reservation wouldn't apply. Also, any gaps between reservations resets the counter as well (if you stay 3 nights at BCV, then 1 night at VB and then 3 nights at VGF you would have two separate 60 day windows).
Strange, MDE is showing FP 60days before check in of Vero.

Last edited:
I just noticed on our split stay my wife is lead booking on one, me on the other, same group though- hopefully this won’t effect the 60 day FP across the entire split?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!